HDeeTV skin ported to XBMC - Printable Version
+- XBMC Community Forum (http://forum.xbmc.org)
+-- Forum: Development (/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Skin Development (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+---- Forum: WIP Skins (/forumdisplay.php?fid=160)
+---- Thread: HDeeTV skin ported to XBMC (/showthread.php?tid=8084)
- leonardo - 2004-12-10 01:13
the last days i have been working to port (free port) the meedio skin hdeetv (by kevin kelm) to xbmc, and the result is here !!!
at the moment only it works correctly with for the resolution pal16x9 (test xbmc-2004-12-08).
- the buttonbar is in use for acceding to the options of the home page (my programs, my pictures, my files, my music, ram, my videos, weather, setting and shutdown). these options are the ones that you have defined in the xboxmediacenter.xml
- on all the principal screens will be able to invoke a navigator submenú with the one that will be able to agree directly to the home page, dash, reboot, shutdown, profiles, system info, programs, xlinkai, files, pictures, music, movies, scripts, settings, weather, e-mail, web radio, movie trailers, etc..
- the view big icons in the title screen, will show 3 very big icons, in order to be able to visualize adequately the posters of the movies.
- new distribution of the information of the movie.
- new distribution of the information of the albums.
- complete redesign of the information that appears in the window weather.
- new icons of the weather (the same ones that hdeetv).
music and video overlay:
- besides the information of the song / movie that is reproduced, there appear the images of the available controls (play, pause, rw, ff, stop, etc.)
i wish you to like and wait for your comments.
- Striker - 2004-12-10 01:58
whow its looking really nice on my 28" ws.
i really like it, its fresh, new, relaxing, easy on the eyes.
i like the fact that you get a sort of osd when starting a song, just a real shame you cant use them to control (dont think you can do anything about it...)
the video osd is nice, bit odd, but im getting used to it.
i dont follow you when you say you get 3 posters when selecting big icons. i get 6??
that full sized submenu is cool, all the needed links in one place, accessible from everywhere.
new weather icons and layout are fun too watch, overall a nice 'innovative' skin, good work :thumbsup:
whats that rss? :joker:
no serious, you have the home icons on the left, the menu on the right....looks a bit empty in the center
and that kai window from pm doesnt really 'belong' in your skin i think. you dont use it for the filemanager, but you are using it for kai
will report bugs if i find them in the next days, off to watch a flick now before i go to sleep
- Livin - 2004-12-10 02:40
looking forward to the ntsc version!
- love_tropicana - 2004-12-10 07:37
looks great, even though i'm european i still look forward to the ntsc version.. (480p makes my life pretty ok) so.. yeah.. but great idea for porting, it looks really really good.
- leonardo - 2004-12-10 11:56
thanks to all for your commentaries.
the rss of the skin is a spanish url. if you want to change it edits the file home.xml and places the one that you want. te kai window from pm i will make it new when he could. the view big icons that shows 3 posters, fits to movies view title.
affini and love_tropicana:
i do not have tv in format ntsc, for what me it is very difficult to do the port of the skin. would be grateful very much if someone wants to do the port to ntsc.
- bobrooney_78 - 2004-12-10 13:06
looks great, very promising
but i go with striker, the center of the homescreen looks pretty well empty, maybe the homebuttons to the left and a bigger icon on the right side of the screen.
i'm looking forward to a pal-version.
- Ltriples - 2004-12-12 15:48
settings menu doesn't work (yet) ?
- Striker - 2004-12-12 17:55
works fine? you need a new build maybe?
- MDPauley - 2004-12-12 22:30
i think this skin is great. i wouldn't change just about anything. it stays true to the meedio skin (im a huge fan of the skin... not so sure about the orogram tho).
- spiff - 2004-12-13 18:16
lovely skin. however i encountered a few issues.
in my weather, top right corner. it shows the location and some kind of 'general' forecast. for me it was
the 'and cloudy' part was misplaced, half of it was written on the top bar and half of ibeneath it. it look liked the separation between the 'light showers' and 'and cloudy' lines were set to the same as the separation between 'trondheim' and 'light showers'.
hope this makes sense.
also, the spinbox' in settings were funky. this may ofcourse be an issue with my cvs build (11/12 - european style date)..
dunno how to explain the 'funkyness' but if this is a general issue it should not be hard to spot... (wrong adjuster had focus, pushing right sometimes selected the left one..)
project mayhem worked fine btw.