Kodi Community Forum
Pictures database and library mode; scan EXIF and IPTC metadata tags into a SQL db - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Development (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+--- Thread: Pictures database and library mode; scan EXIF and IPTC metadata tags into a SQL db (/showthread.php?tid=80845)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27

- solexalex - 2010-12-11

Hello

I don't have many time to work on it. I have to give a new official version for you all take advantage of all the new features.
Hopefully I will get time soon to work harder on it and more feedbacks will enforce my motivation.

I have a bug on the progress bar while scanning pictures and need the help of the dev of this part. Saddly I can't get news from him Sad It is not a big problem for the addon but it may cause some trouble.

keep in touch

mySQL and "smart sorting" - human705 - 2010-12-17

Hi Alex,

First, congratulations on a job (plug-in) well done. I’ve been using XBMC for movies and music and now I can use it for pictures. I have to sync 4 pc’s (3 windows and 1 mac) and 1 XBMC live unit. With the latest release I’m using MySQL to have a common database for movies and music. I’ve created a batch file to copy the pictures database file on all units. It works but… So here are my questions.

1. Any chance of using MySQL to store the pictures database?
2. Any plans on creating a collection by combining keywords?

Thanks in advance for any answer. I’m sure you are very busy.

Once again, great job.
Thanks

- solexalex - 2010-12-21

1- this should take me a lot of time that I've not right now. Maybe a future version.
2- this is in my todolist, and should be doable pretty easily. I just need spare time (once again)

---
During a discuss with human705, he explained me he is using a remote share for scan path and it works.
In fact XBMC returns a path to a remote share as follow :
smb://server/path/
and the trick (so easy !!) human705 used, is to set the path like this :
\\server\path
This way, scanning pictures on remote share works just fine (slow but works) !!

I'm very happy with this, and it was just enough for me to code a function to rename a smb path as returned by XBMC with a UNC path. It works very good !
No official release yet, but the svn rev 105 is ok !!

- solexalex - 2010-12-23

Hi

As you notice in many (all ?) of my messages, my free time is too short to give serious update of my plugin.

Anyway, I want absolutely give you all a version to use for christmas ! (this is like a present for you all who like my work)

So I sorted all the text that need to be translated in the strings.xml file. But as my native language is French, only this string file is uptodate. I made a lot of add, a lot of change from last version... That's why other languages need to be translated again... Sorry for that.
As english is a common place to start with in many countries, I would like someone to go in my svn and help me with translation. I mean, I have not finished yet, but I can do it, the most important thing is to check if english is correct and appropriate to what it is supposed to say !

OK, like many times, my post are too long and many of us just read very fast new posts, but I would like to finish with a very good news.
A new feature asked by many of you and that I succeeded, thanks to human705. You can now use remote shares. Ok, it is pretty slow, but it works. Just select the remote share from your XBMC picture sources, and the scan will begin. As this feature is very young, it may encounter some trouble (I have not tested to remove such a path, no tests are made to check if the remote path is online or not, ... ... ...), so please be nice and give me your feedbacks !

Whatever you give me (translations, bug reports or even congratulations) I will send an update request to XBMC team tomorrow evening (late evening Thursday GMT+1) so that you can get the new version for christmas !!

- solexalex - 2010-12-23

Hurry hurry ! Christmas is close now, and I would like for you that christmas sarts tonight !!

Getting a translation for english strings.xml would help other people to translate in their own languages. Right now only French is the official language.
You can find the strings.xml to translate, or check for errors here :
http://code.google.com/p/xbmc-scripts/source/browse/branches/addons/plugin.image.mypicsdb/resources/language/English/strings.xml?r=152

What ever you can give me, I'll release the new MyPictures Database addon version tonight.

Thank you in advance.

- RockDawg - 2010-12-23

I finally got around to trying this and I must sau it's great. I love it! Thanks so much for filling this void in XBMC.

- solexalex - 2010-12-24

Thank you !! Smile

A good reason to say it... The new version 0.5 "Christmas Edition" sent to XBMC team for update !! (svn #153)

- fiveisalive - 2010-12-24

solexalex Wrote:Hurry hurry ! Christmas is close now, and I would like for you that christmas sarts tonight !!

Getting a translation for english strings.xml would help other people to translate in their own languages. Right now only French is the official language.
You can find the strings.xml to translate, or check for errors here :
http://code.google.com/p/xbmc-scripts/source/browse/branches/addons/plugin.image.mypicsdb/resources/language/English/strings.xml?r=152

What ever you can give me, I'll release the new MyPictures Database addon version tonight.

Thank you in advance.

Hi Alex, I have some locally modified changes to the strings.xml file, I'll try to send you tonight.

- solexalex - 2010-12-24

ok but it is too late for christmas !! Wink
I sent the addon to the team for update.

I speed it up, because I really really really want it to be a present for all of you for christmas. And I will not be online on my pc till a couple of days !!

I wish you all a happy christmas ! Joyeux Noël !

---
V0.5 christmas edition is available in the official addon repository !!! Big Grin

- cinpou - 2010-12-24

Yo!

Nice to see you guy!

I will test it then i'll be back from christmas hollyday

If you need some help, you can mail me directly

Cheers

CinPoU

- fiveisalive - 2010-12-24

solexalex Wrote:ok but it is too late for christmas !! Wink
I sent the addon to the team for update.

I speed it up, because I really really really want it to be a present for all of you for christmas. And I will not be online on my pc till a couple of days !!

I wish you all a happy christmas ! Joyeux Noël !

---
V0.5 christmas edition is available in the official addon repository !!! Big Grin

Hi there, there is a bug in the English translation that leads to a crash,

Code:
Monday|Tuesday|Wednesday|Thursday[Friday|Saturday|Sunday

should be
Code:
Monday|Tuesday|Wednesday|Thursday|Friday|Saturday|Sunday
I've patched the strings.xml (and improved some other translations at the same time) in the patch here;

http://fpaste.org/J1a5/

- solexalex - 2010-12-24

oh damned !!!
I can t update it untill next week :'(

Thanks for the update anyway. All other than french should use the fiveisalive patch for string translation.

I know this will be tricky for many users and i am very sad.

Another simple solution is to open the strings.xml file with a text editor and to replace the string that fiveisalive gave us.

Sorry again

- solexalex - 2010-12-24

oh sh*** ! I had a couple of minute to update but I got problem with tortoise svn and patchs... So I can't use your patch Sad

I'm going to send the correction with just the error corrected. I'll upgrade with your patch after Christmas !

- solexalex - 2010-12-24

I sent the correction to the team, and I really hope they will update !

- ppic - 2010-12-24

good to see you there Wink