Kodi Community Forum
Pictures database and library mode; scan EXIF and IPTC metadata tags into a SQL db - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Development (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+--- Thread: Pictures database and library mode; scan EXIF and IPTC metadata tags into a SQL db (/showthread.php?tid=80845)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27

- fiveisalive - 2011-02-03

solexalex Wrote:svn #180 added a browsing by countries and cities (IPTC fields)

As a lot of items are present in the main menu, and as thos items may not interest everyone, you may edit the items you want to show.

SVN r180 crashes when selecting individual dates for me:

Code:
20:25:27 T:140279117276928 M:3014483968  NOTICE: plugin://plugin.image.mypicsdb/?method='date'&period='date'&value='2011-01-01'&viewmode='view'&action='showpics'&name=
'Saturday+01+January+2011+%2820+pics%29'
20:25:27 T:140279117276928 M:3014483968  NOTICE: --------------------
20:25:27 T:140279117276928 M:3014483968  NOTICE: Previous line repeats 1 times.
20:25:27 T:140279117276928 M:3014483968  NOTICE: 0
20:25:27 T:140279117276928 M:3014483968    INFO: -->Python script returned the following error<--
20:25:27 T:140279117276928 M:3014483968   ERROR: Error Type: exceptions.AttributeError
20:25:27 T:140279117276928 M:3014483968   ERROR: Error Contents: _Info instance has no attribute 'page'
20:25:27 T:140279117276928 M:3014483968   ERROR: Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "/home/myth/.xbmc/addons/plugin.image.mypicsdb/default.py", line 1296, in ?
                                                m.show_pics()
                                              File "/home/myth/.xbmc/addons/plugin.image.mypicsdb/default.py", line 926, in show_pics
                                                if not self.args.page: #0 ou "" ou None : pas de pagination ; on affiche toutes les photos de la requĂȘte sans limite
                                            AttributeError: _Info instance has no attribute 'page'

I'm also missing the Next Page buttons. could be a skin issue (I'm running Aeon MQ2, not default Confluence).

- solexalex - 2011-02-03

oups
I made some modifications for limiting the max number of pictures shown in a list (because big list may take a while to load) and didn't finished...
I didn't added the previous/next buttons, sorry for that Sad (once again I start something without finishing it !)

I'm working now on a big new feature asked by many people, so please ignore this svn180.

------
EDIT
the next big feature will be smart albums. You create simple filters and use these filters to feed the albums with the pictures in your database

- fiveisalive - 2011-02-04

solexalex Wrote:oups
I made some modifications for limiting the max number of pictures shown in a list (because big list may take a while to load) and didn't finished...
I didn't added the previous/next buttons, sorry for that Sad (once again I start something without finishing it !)

I'm working now on a big new feature asked by many people, so please ignore this svn180.

------
EDIT
the next big feature will be smart albums. You create simple filters and use these filters to feed the albums with the pictures in your database

Excellent, looking forward to it! One request: could you make the GUI dialog look like the "smart playlists" as much as possible? Consistency across the GUI will help users.

- solexalex - 2011-02-04

i didnt planned any gui and was doing entirely using the plugin list. Anyway i will have a look (i never used the smart playlists) if it is nice and possible to use the native gui.

@everybody :
Do you have any meta info concerning your pictures that you would like to use to filter your pics ?
- date (before, after, the day, not the day)
- keyword (contain/ doesnt contain)
- rating (not equal, equal, greater than, lesser than)
- country (equal, different)
- city

?

- solexalex - 2011-02-04

@fiveisalive
the smartplaylist editor is just a perfect gui for what I planned. Now I need to find out how to use it and tweak it to use with pictures !

- mhdebokx - 2011-02-05

@alex i am at vacation for 2 weeks, so i will responce later

- solexalex - 2011-02-05

yes mhdebokx ! Enjoy and shoot a lot of amazing pictures Wink

- fiveisalive - 2011-02-05

solexalex Wrote:@fiveisalive
the smartplaylist editor is just a perfect gui for what I planned. Now I need to find out how to use it and tweak it to use with pictures !

Cool. Is it possible to access the smart playlist dialog stuff via Python?

- solexalex - 2011-02-05

This is what I tried to do. Unfortunately, after this whole afternoon, I did not successed in filling the dialog with the things I want. I can bring the dialog to the top, but can't interact with it.

I didn't give up and asked a friend of mine who knows a lot in python and XBMC gui. Hopefully he will find the trick.
In the worse case I can do a separate python script called by the plugin, and running on a self made gui, but it is not a very good idea as I'm not sure how to stick to the user XBMC main GUI.

- fiveisalive - 2011-02-06

solexalex Wrote:i didnt planned any gui and was doing entirely using the plugin list. Anyway i will have a look (i never used the smart playlists) if it is nice and possible to use the native gui.

@everybody :
Do you have any meta info concerning your pictures that you would like to use to filter your pics ?
- date (before, after, the day, not the day)
- keyword (contain/ doesnt contain)
- rating (not equal, equal, greater than, lesser than)
- country (equal, different)
- city

?

other camera-related stuff in EXIF like camera model (e.g. "Panasonic Lumix" or "Nikon N60"), whether flash was on or not, would be good.

- solexalex - 2011-02-06

fiveisalive Wrote:other camera-related stuff in EXIF like camera model (e.g. "Panasonic Lumix" or "Nikon N60"), whether flash was on or not, would be good.
I was afraid someone ask me this kind of thing someday !! Wink

With mhdebokx, we were on the point to think about what fields are usefull and if it was necessary to feed a database with any EXIF and IPTC as needed. This was how the database was feeding up to now. But maybe if I feed only the database with the meta I want to use, the whole scan process would be faster.

OK I'll do my best to add, if not all the metas, the most metas as possible to filter pictures in the albums.

- solexalex - 2011-02-07

Hello
I'm on good way to use smart albums !
Right now I coded everything to show pictures of an album which is made of several simple differents filters.
I need to code all the stuff to create/manage the filters, and then add those filters to a given album.

Unfortunately i didn't succeeded in re-use the smartplaylisteditor window which will be just perfect for my use. But I go on coding my way, if later I can use this dialog, I'll do it then.

- mhdebokx - 2011-02-07

solexalex Wrote:But maybe if I feed only the database with the meta I want to use, the whole scan process would be faster .

i think there 2 reasons for slow performance
1. The MPD does do an Insert in the different tables, and if the record already exists, an exception handler is raided. Tuis consumes extra CPU cycles and also the writing the debug messages

2. The IPTC scripting has slow performance on some jpeg files. My latest investigation is that high end camera's with more than 15mp does take sometimes about 20sec. To process

Scanning not working on Apple TV with windows network share - 2gnospam - 2011-02-19

Hi. I have a first generation Apple TV with media shared via a SMB network share. The media can be browsed for videos, photos, and audio without problem. However, I can not get My Picture Database to successfully scan the share (returns zero entries). Any ideas of how I might debug this?

- solexalex - 2011-03-23

Hello
Sorry for no news from all that time, and saddly, no update neither.
I feel tired those couple of weeks and give a (short/long) break to python script.

I don't think you gonna wait too much time for my come back as I really want to make this addon a good one.
Please be patient Smile