Kodi Community Forum
XBMC gets dedicated remote - Motorola Nyxboard - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: OS independent / Other (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=228)
+---- Thread: XBMC gets dedicated remote - Motorola Nyxboard (/showthread.php?tid=80968)

- dan991199 - 2011-07-21

Malard any ball park idea when order 528 might ship. just so i can give my wife a realistic time frame?

- azaze1 - 2011-07-21

Will there be any way to control more than just a TV ? For anyone with a complete audio system there will be a need to power on and adjust volume for the receiver at the bare minimum.

I see the quote on the main page saying it can control TV, dvd player, bluray, and/or amplifier but I'm not clear on whether or not you can control the XBMC PC, AND the TV, AND the receiver. The verbage suggests you can do it all, but the button at the top only says PC/TV so I'm not clear on how you'd control more than 2 devices (PC/TV)

- japius - 2011-07-21

If I order one of those little dongle things from the website, it they are in stock now, will I get it before I get the Actual remote?

- wolfbiker - 2011-07-22

dan991199 Wrote:Malard any ball park idea when order 528 might ship. just so i can give my wife a realistic time frame?

it will probably be a long while. i'm order 80 something and still don't have mine.

- rflores2323 - 2011-07-22

any video on this yet? any official reviews out there yet?

- Malard - 2011-07-22

Order 80 - 130 will go out before the rest, i am expecting a small batch before, those would normally have gone to review sites, but i will hold off official reviews and take the hit on holding stock longer than I would have liked.

I expect to fulfil every pre-order before the middle of august, don't freak out by that, i.e. that's when you should get them, postage to some countries is a bit slow!

The dongle, if you mean the 4Pin motherboard header, ideally we will ship these with a remote if you've ordered one at the same time, but if you do want it earlier just email us with a note and we will ship it ahead of time for you.

When the site quotes you can control all those devices, you can, you can control any bit you like, essentially each button is free form programmable, so you can assign the volume to your amp, and the keypad to your cable box, the fastforward/rewind/play/stop etc to your blu-ray player etc.

RE: 1 Power button, well ideally you would have a modern tv stack that uses CEC so assign this to the TV and it should turn off all your other connected devices, failing that, we will have a box out to fully address that early september Smile

- Hobbiticus - 2011-07-23

I just got mine in the mail, thanks Malard!

Overall I'm really liking the remote. It seems like a real quality product.

However, I have two main problems with it:
1) Is there any way to bind the volume buttons in such a way that I can be in RF mode, yet still use the volume buttons to control my IR receiver? It's pretty annoying having to hit the IR toggle every time I want to change the volume.
2) I have to make the admission that I'm actually using this with MythTV and not XBMC. *ducks* So this question may not be entirely on topic, but you or someone here might happen to know. MythTV doesn't seem to like a lot of the main remote's keycodes (i.e. the top left/right skip fwd/back buttons are "not recognized", and the colored buttons aren't recognized at all) because they don't map to normal keyboard keycodes. MythTV can't seem to recognize those keycodes, but a utility like 'xev' does. Is there some way to remap those keycodes (either on the remote itself or through X) that you know of? Or is there some X configuration setting that will allow applications to recognize those key codes?

I'm also a little sad that it doesn't seem to be able to learn macros (i.e. the one button power button), but hopefully your previous hint might address that.

- Malard - 2011-07-23

Glad you got it and like it,

The Coloured buttons in the remote you received, are F13, 14, 15, 16 (i think or 14, 15,16,17!) so make sure the correct keyboard driver is loaded to understand these keys.

The fastforward and rewind are ctrl+shift+f (or b for rewind) these are the normal keys for wmc and xbmc so you just need to find the mythtv key mapping a 5 second google found this page: http://www.mythtv.org/docs/mythtv-HOWTO-11.html#ss11.1 which should do the trick, find your keys.txt file and edit accordingly Smile

Thanks

- Hobbiticus - 2011-07-23

Sorry, I guess I wan't clear (and actually wrong) about which buttons aren't working. The fast forward (>>) and rewind (<<) buttons work fine because they're bound to ctrl+shift+f/b. It's the skip forward (>|) and skip back (|<) buttons that are not. Other buttons that are not recognized are Play/Pause (>||), Stop, and Mute. Xev reports keycodes 153, 144, 162, 164, and 160 respectively, so maybe it's an issue with keycodes > 127? Maybe those F>12 keys aren't supported by my default keyboard driver as well. I'm not sure what those keycodes are.

Like I said, this isn't really your problem, but I figured I'd ask in case someone happened to know the answer and can save me a lot of time fooling around with it.

And is there anything I can do about my question about using volume buttons as IR only? Or is your "september mystery box" going to handle that? (I'm guessing it's a sort of RF to IR "translator" doohicky)

- pike - 2011-07-23

Maybe move the non XBMC enduser questions over to the Pulse-Eight forum (since one actually exists) ?

http://forums.pulse-eight.com/default.aspx?g=topics&f=3

- japius - 2011-07-24

Malard Wrote:Order 80 - 130 will go out before the rest, i am expecting a small batch before, those would normally have gone to review sites, but i will hold off official reviews and take the hit on holding stock longer than I would have liked.

I expect to fulfil every pre-order before the middle of august, don't freak out by that, i.e. that's when you should get them, postage to some countries is a bit slow!

doh! I was hoping 80-130 (the next mini batch) had already quietly gone like the first shipment so the bulk of us were close Sad

- Malard - 2011-07-24

Hobbiticus Wrote:Sorry, I guess I wan't clear (and actually wrong) about which buttons aren't working. The fast forward (>>) and rewind (<<) buttons work fine because they're bound to ctrl+shift+f/b. It's the skip forward (>|) and skip back (|<) buttons that are not. Other buttons that are not recognized are Play/Pause (>||), Stop, and Mute. Xev reports keycodes 153, 144, 162, 164, and 160 respectively, so maybe it's an issue with keycodes > 127? Maybe those F>12 keys aren't supported by my default keyboard driver as well. I'm not sure what those keycodes are.

Like I said, this isn't really your problem, but I figured I'd ask in case someone happened to know the answer and can save me a lot of time fooling around with it.

And is there anything I can do about my question about using volume buttons as IR only? Or is your "september mystery box" going to handle that? (I'm guessing it's a sort of RF to IR "translator" doohicky)

Those keys are multimedia keyboard keys, so they are the same ones you would find on a microsoft keyboard etc that have play pause along the top, best find out why MythTV does not like those.

RE: CEC box, well that is using CEC, so basically it can pass through volume requests from XBMC to the amplifier or the TV

Cheers

- isamudaison - 2011-07-26

If you've already pre-ordered the remote before the MB usb header adapter was available, is it possible to 'add' the adapter to your pre-order? I've went through the site but don't want to get double-charged on shipping ($20! yikes)

- isamu.dragon - 2011-07-26

isamudaison Wrote:If you've already pre-ordered the remote before the MB usb header adapter was available, is it possible to 'add' the adapter to your pre-order? I've went through the site but don't want to get double-charged on shipping ($20! yikes)

Off Topic: Finally another macross plus fan.
On Topic: good to know that info.

- Malard - 2011-07-26

isamudaison Wrote:If you've already pre-ordered the remote before the MB usb header adapter was available, is it possible to 'add' the adapter to your pre-order? I've went through the site but don't want to get double-charged on shipping ($20! yikes)

Email us with your existing order number, and we can help you out, yes, unfortunately we have a floor price on how much shipping costs, so even though it weighs virtually nothing it is a problem to ship internationally on its own.