Kodi Community Forum
XBMC gets dedicated remote - Motorola Nyxboard - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: OS independent / Other (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=228)
+---- Thread: XBMC gets dedicated remote - Motorola Nyxboard (/showthread.php?tid=80968)

- wolfbiker - 2011-09-05

i'm sure he would have mentioned it here or on his site if he had word. don't expect to have it before the end of september though. it's looking like october now.

- japius - 2011-09-06

wolfbiker Wrote:i'm sure he would have mentioned it here or on his site if he had word. don't expect to have it before the end of september though. it's looking like october now.

There always seems to be word after someone gently prods either here or on website. I just got the email from the website saying delayed another two weeks.......disappointed but not surprised........

- skare - 2011-09-06

More news http://blog.pulse-eight.com/2011/09/05/nyxboard-hybrid-delivery-dates-update/

Not good news though Sad

- gobbledigook - 2011-09-07

its a pretty p*ss poor letter from motorola... i'm not happy at all with the way they keep fobbing the pulse-eight team off, maybe we could have a mass movement to boycott motorola until they deliver OUR remotes Wink

- joebrady - 2011-09-07

In today's world economy, parts acquisition can be tough, especially with so many companies adopting "Lean" manufacturing practices. Many component manufactures no longer make parts and keep them in inventory until they are ordered, it costs too much.

First, Pulse-Eight orders the product from Motorola based on pre-order sales and projections.

Then Motorola gives them a tentative delivery date based on the lead time of all the parts that are needed to build the device and manufacturing/assembly/testing time.

All is takes is one parts supplier to bump an order down their que (maybe due to larger orders worth more $$$ or their lead time of raw materials getting delayed) to delay the whole project.

Better to arrive latter than expected and in good quality, than right away with sub-par parts.

- outleradam - 2011-09-08

I saw this buisness stragegy before in "Duke Nukem Forever".. Laugh

I declare that the XBMC Remote is Vaporware!

- dan991199 - 2011-09-08

outleradam Wrote:i saw this buisness stragegy before in "duke nukem forever".. Laugh

I declare that the xbmc remote is vaporware!

release 13 years later!

- Mudislander - 2011-09-09

+1 for boycotting Motorola
Also getting pissed off. Paid for this remote back near January sometime & still waiting. Wife is constantly on my back about being ripped off & who can blame her.

- japius - 2011-09-09

Mudislander Wrote:+1 for boycotting Motorola
Also getting pissed off. Paid for this remote back near January sometime & still waiting. Wife is constantly on my back about being ripped off & who can blame her.

JanuaryHuh? Geez, how were you not in the first few they sent out!

I thought my waiting since April was bad enough

Whoops, checked Paypal - paid 1stMay not Jan. Been waiting so long I'm getting dementure!! Wait after paying is still unacceptable though.

- outleradam - 2011-09-09

Mudislander Wrote:+1 for boycotting Motorola
I was joking when I made the comment above... I didn't think anyone would take it seriously... hence the smiley.. You should have confidence. This was a preorder and we have been kept fairly informed.

My wife is kinda pissed about the wait as well because back in April when I ordered it, I needed a remote "now", I figured I could wait a month for such a great product. We're using a wireless keyboard and calling it the remote for now. It's unwieldy, big, and it sucks for range and setting it on the arm of the chair, but it works..

We will get our remotes. I just want to smooth over the revolt I started with my smartass comment.

There's a Motorola building in Swindon UK. Do you think I could pop over and start a protest outside the gate? Wink

The most fustrating thing is after updating my linux system a while ago, my MCE remote on iMon reciever stopped working & I've not really looked into fixing it thinking that this remote is on it's way.

Anyway I'll shutup now & wait patiently. Hope the remote will be worth it Smile

- Malard - 2011-09-13

Everything is progressing nicely still, it's been a frustrating wait, I just got back from meeting Motorola at IBC this weekend (hence no blog updates etc) and all is still on track, I've also checked with TNT regarding delivery times etc, 500 units are due to leave the factory in china on the 21st, we expect to get them on the 23rd or the 26th and will dispatch in the afternoon of the 26th (our collection is at 4:30pm local time) so if your in the UK, expect them the next day, if your further afield add a couple of days

The next batch of 1k units is due to leave the factory on the 28th, so the cycle continues like that for a few weeks

- SkItZo - 2011-09-13

Sent in a PM as I was unsure if this thread was the right place for it

- josh4trunks - 2011-09-14

Malard Wrote:Everything is progressing nicely still, it's been a frustrating wait, I just got back from meeting Motorola at IBC this weekend (hence no blog updates etc) and all is still on track, I've also checked with TNT regarding delivery times etc, 500 units are due to leave the factory in china on the 21st, we expect to get them on the 23rd or the 26th and will dispatch in the afternoon of the 26th (our collection is at 4:30pm local time) so if your in the UK, expect them the next day, if your further afield add a couple of days

The next batch of 1k units is due to leave the factory on the 28th, so the cycle continues like that for a few weeks

Thanks for you hard word Malard