Kodi Community Forum
XBMC gets dedicated remote - Motorola Nyxboard - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: OS independent / Other (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=228)
+---- Thread: XBMC gets dedicated remote - Motorola Nyxboard (/showthread.php?tid=80968)

- bluecrew - 2011-09-15

i heard motorola merged by google, i rather wait for the new product.. Image

- gabbott - 2011-09-15

bluecrew Wrote:i heard motorola merged by google, i rather wait for the new product.. Image

Not exactly. Google purchased Motorola Mobility, not all of Motorola.

- DiCe! - 2011-09-15

How many orders have their been at the moment?

- Malard - 2011-09-18

Just a small update, everything is on track to leave china on the 21st, they first go to HK, thats on the 23rd, from there they fly to Dusseldorf, before onward to the UK, so we will hopefully see them in our warehouse on the 27th not the 26th

- sparky432 - 2011-09-19

Set up my first XBMC Live box a few months ago, around the time this was first announced, and have been eagerly awaiting it ever since. The final piece in a slick solution - XBMC has moved on a lot since I played with it on the Xbox years ago!

Anyway - point of my post was just to say I got to wrap my mitts around one of these on the Motorola stand at IBC, and I'm still happily waiting for it to arrive. Felt well made, bit chunky (as expected) but solid and nice in the hand. Keyboard action was pretty convincing, bit small for churning out an email but absolutely fine for a search term here and a shortcut there.

Quick question for Malard - IIRC something (plaque or the rep) on the Motorola stand suggested that all of the keys on the remote side are IR programmable - is this correct?

Unsurprisingly the Motorola rep on the stand had his own excuse for the delay but he was towing the line so not putting much weight behind that.

- THRobinson - 2011-09-19

Looks great, I don't think the pirce is too bad given it's bluetooth, remote and a keyboard.

I might have missed it in the previous 28pgs of posts but... if made for XBMC, does that mean it plugs in and works out of the box? or... will you still need something like EventGhost? Does it have it's own mapping program?

I just started using XBMC 2 months ago, I have the HP remote which is only a month old so, not rushing to buy one, but, if works well I'm considering it. The random 'pipe' error I get using EG and the HP remote drive me nuts, hoping the bluetooth remote might eliminate that.

- bobx66 - 2011-09-19

Eagerly awaiting mine!

Has anyone tried theirs on Windows MCE? I'm hoping that it will integrate relatively easy. Any thoughts on that?

- Malard - 2011-09-19

sparky432 Wrote:Set up my first XBMC Live box a few months ago, around the time this was first announced, and have been eagerly awaiting it ever since. The final piece in a slick solution - XBMC has moved on a lot since I played with it on the Xbox years ago!

Anyway - point of my post was just to say I got to wrap my mitts around one of these on the Motorola stand at IBC, and I'm still happily waiting for it to arrive. Felt well made, bit chunky (as expected) but solid and nice in the hand. Keyboard action was pretty convincing, bit small for churning out an email but absolutely fine for a search term here and a shortcut there.

Quick question for Malard - IIRC something (plaque or the rep) on the Motorola stand suggested that all of the keys on the remote side are IR programmable - is this correct?

Unsurprisingly the Motorola rep on the stand had his own excuse for the delay but he was towing the line so not putting much weight behind that.

Glad you got to see it at IBC, we had lots of interesting meetings with Motorola over the weekend with some positive results.

I would be interested to know their excuses for the delays feel free to send them to me in a private message.

The RCU side is IR programmable, that's one of the main features (we think) that sets it apart from other remotes with a keyboard on the reverse. The main guy at Motorola driving this is Otto who should have also been on the booth.

- Malard - 2011-09-19

THRobinson Wrote:Looks great, I don't think the pirce is too bad given it's bluetooth, remote and a keyboard.

I might have missed it in the previous 28pgs of posts but... if made for XBMC, does that mean it plugs in and works out of the box? or... will you still need something like EventGhost? Does it have it's own mapping program?

I just started using XBMC 2 months ago, I have the HP remote which is only a month old so, not rushing to buy one, but, if works well I'm considering it. The random 'pipe' error I get using EG and the HP remote drive me nuts, hoping the bluetooth remote might eliminate that.

Yes, it will work out the box, although not until Eden will it be fully supported, you can grab one of the builds from the Pulse-Eight website (i'm not going to link to it from here for obv reasons) which supports it plus deals with the flip function that the remote supports also

- Malard - 2011-09-19

bobx66 Wrote:Eagerly awaiting mine!

Has anyone tried theirs on Windows MCE? I'm hoping that it will integrate relatively easy. Any thoughts on that?

It should work out the box with WMCE Smile

- madsn - 2011-09-20

So I have a Samsung TV, will this remote be able to control that + my HTPC?

And will it be released with, lets say, Danish layour on the keyboard?

Kind regards,

Mads

- Malard - 2011-09-20

madsn Wrote:So I have a Samsung TV, will this remote be able to control that + my HTPC?

And will it be released with, lets say, Danish layour on the keyboard?

Kind regards,

Mads

Yes, the remote will control both if you want it to, only US QWERTY layout is available, sorry!

Although you might enjoy using the CEC adapter also with a samsung tv for tighter integration

- japius - 2011-09-26

So, everything still on track......just hoping this finally gets here

- Malard - 2011-09-27

Mostly, got a couple of hiccups, but it's just UK customs messing us around, hopefully sorted in the morning

- falafael - 2011-09-27

Just sent you a PM, then i read this, should have come here first!!
Bloody customs, used to be a pain when we used to do runs to belgium for the cheap cigs and booze!!
lol