Kodi Community Forum
XBMC gets dedicated remote - Motorola Nyxboard - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: OS independent / Other (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=228)
+---- Thread: XBMC gets dedicated remote - Motorola Nyxboard (/showthread.php?tid=80968)

- outleradam - 2011-09-28

I was wondering about shipping times... I am in Louisiana, USA. I just noticed that Pulse Eight is in UK. What is the estimated shipping time? Huh

- gobbledigook - 2011-09-28

Malard Wrote:Double flash would mean its failed to pair with the dongle, reset it by removing the batteries.

Cheers

thanx! for your swift responseSmile

i took the batteries out for 5mins and inserted right next to the dongle... after waiting 30secs still double red flash Sad

is there someway to test from cli? or a gui setting i may have turned off that may effect it?

EDIT: strangely the flashes get faster the closer the remote is to the dongle, kinda cool too Wink

- Malard - 2011-09-28

gobbledigook Wrote:thanx! for your swift responseSmile

i took the batteries out for 5mins and inserted right next to the dongle... after waiting 30secs still double red flash Sad

is there someway to test from cli? or a gui setting i may have turned off that may effect it?

EDIT: strangely the flashes get faster the closer the remote is to the dongle, kinda cool too Wink

When you go back to windows does it work okay again?

- Malard - 2011-09-28

outleradam Wrote:I was wondering about shipping times... I am in Louisiana, USA. I just noticed that Pulse Eight is in UK. What is the estimated shipping time? Huh

I estimate you should have it by the end of the week

- gobbledigook - 2011-09-28

Malard Wrote:When you go back to windows does it work okay again?

works now thanx Smile

put it back in the windows box and it came up as unknown... so took it out and tried again and it worked.... then put it back in the ubuntu box and it worked! although i suppose that the radio isn't as strong as i had presumed, popped the dongle on an extension.

Great Smile

- neoflex - 2011-09-29

no info on the deviceidmappings.xml file, Malard?

- gobbledigook - 2011-09-29

Malard Wrote:For dharma users, there will be a keyboard.xml for people to download and drop into their profile directory. But only a couple of keys need to be tweaked.

hey saw the post above about nightly builds but i'm a dharma user at the mo so...

is the keymap the same file as on githuib? https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/blob/master/system/keymaps/keyboard.nyxboard.xml
but renamed to just keyboard.xml and placed in .xbmc/userdata/keymaps/keyboard.xml

- Malard - 2011-09-29

gobbledigook Wrote:works now thanx Smile

put it back in the windows box and it came up as unknown... so took it out and tried again and it worked.... then put it back in the ubuntu box and it worked! although i suppose that the radio isn't as strong as i had presumed, popped the dongle on an extension.

Great Smile

It should be good for a few meters, but it's not going to let you use it for miles

- Mudislander - 2011-09-29

Recieved remote this morning Big Grin

Instant problem though, the range really sucks. The dongle is in the back of my heavy aluminium SilverStone case under my 50 inch TV. I would expect to be able to use the remote sitting on the sofa about 3 meters away. To get the remote to work I have to crawl down to the media center stick the remote through so it passes the back of the case & then it'll work.

Has anyone got any ideas on extending the range, I'm not too keen on the idea of a visible extender cable.

BTW no little gift as promised, not an issue though.

Mudislander Wrote:Recieved remote this morning Big Grin
Has anyone got any ideas on extending the range, I'm not too keen on the idea of a visible extender cable.

BTW no little gift as promised, not an issue though.

yeah i had that problem last night... luckily i already had a usb extension for my previous IR remote so all good, they do a internal usb type affair to connect to the motherboard inside... maybe with that you could position it near the front of the box and get a better connection.

no gift for me either! just figured that ordering in April no. 220 something wasn't early enough

Quote:they do a internal usb type affair to connect to the motherboard inside... maybe with that you could position it near the front of the box and get a better connection

I could try that, only problem I've only got 2 internal headers & already 4 items to be connected. (Wife will freak if I mention new motherboard)

Edit The remote does rattle quite alarmingly, I presume it's the tilt sensor.

Mudislander Wrote:Edit The remote does rattle quite alarmingly, I presume it's the tilt sensor.

yeah same here, not a big deal, but when i had trouble with the range the first though was if it had been damaged in transit Eek

maybe a wiki page with FAQ's would be a good addition, with links to keymaps etc... manage peoples expectatons and avoid answering the same Q's over and over.

- mat____ - 2011-09-29

Mine arrived half an hour ago, a nice surprise. Order #234.
I've connected it to a computer in the office for basic testing and it all seems good. The range is better than I've seen mentioned here, the office is big but I cant get far enough away from the laptop to make it stop working, good for at least 10 meters with line of sight.

The physical tiltswitch was a surprise but I doubt it's audible over whatever is being watched anyway. All in all, very happy with the purchase, it feels comfortable and solid.

Just need to add the xml file and test it's functions when I get home.

Quote: I cant get far enough away from the laptop to make it stop working, good for at least 10 meters with line of sight.

I'm jealeous!!! Moved my dongle to front of case (Cannot stay there as flap now cannot close). My acurate range is precisely 3 foot 8 inches. If I'm lucky it may keep on working by keeping my finger on a button for another foot or so.

- mat____ - 2011-09-29

Mudislander Wrote:3 foot 8 inches.
Yeah, that's not enough. While it could be a faulty unit, it could be something else. I'd try it in a different computer, on the premise that the voltage on the usb lines is low, affecting the reception.

Could be the batteries too though, just 'cos they're new does not mean they work! Try a new set.