Kodi Community Forum
XBMC gets dedicated remote - Motorola Nyxboard - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: OS independent / Other (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=228)
+---- Thread: XBMC gets dedicated remote - Motorola Nyxboard (/showthread.php?tid=80968)

- Bram77 - 2011-12-05

Curious about that too. We payed the full amount, we are no testers.

- Trooper87 - 2011-12-07

This remote was a really good idea, but with poor production quality this remote is shit.
I ordered one for me and one for my brother, and we have both been experiencing range issues and button issues(60% of the time, it works every time!).
I ended up getting a PS3 BD Remote and a bluetooth adapter for 20$.

- DiCe! - 2011-12-07

has a runner been done here? no reply in a while...

In the end I got a logitech wirless keyboard with trackpad, great little thing and does exactly what i need it to do.

- dmx_wyrw - 2011-12-08

Motorola is sending a working shipment and they should be in-stock January 2012.
This remote had a great size and feel and worked with almost no setup. Fingers crossed for January.

- Mudislander - 2011-12-08

My experience was their customer service was great & they refunded all postage costs for returns. Although the remote has had problems I'd have no hesitation in promoting pulse-eight as a company.

- wolfbiker - 2011-12-10

i never was reimbursed for postage despite emailing in my receipt. that was back in october. i ended up buying two boxee remotes and have been VERY happy with them.

- isamudaison - 2011-12-13

I also recently replaced my nyxboard with the new Rii v6 (the one with the ir on the back) and found that it suffered from a similar range problem (although not nearly as pronounced) until I plugged it into a hardwired port on the back of my mb (as opposed to an internal connector). This got me thinking, maybe something like this would help in this case? I'm thinking of ordering one to play around with.

[Edit] Actually this: http://www.frozencpu.com/products/10198/usb-07/NZXT_IU01_Internal_USB_Expansion_Power_Supplement_Board.html?tl=g2c36s98&id=zrm8tGqQ#blank Might be more appropriate.

- dmx_wyrw - 2011-12-16

Its not a power problem its a bad hardware. Motorola told them to stop selling them. They should have new remotes in January. Though who knows if they will be working or not. Plus Eight was selling them broken. I'm sure a lot went out. Honestly how do you not test the stuff you're selling. Hmm... 5 returns maybe I should check the others. Maybe? Nah keep selling. Durp.

- Ned Scott - 2011-12-16

dmx_wyrw Wrote:Its not a power problem its a bad hardware. Motorola told them to stop selling them. They should have new remotes in January. Though who knows if they will be working or not. Plus Eight was selling them broken. I'm sure a lot went out. Honestly how do you not test the stuff you're selling. Hmm... 5 returns maybe I should check the others. Maybe? Nah keep selling. Durp.

You only hear about the complaints in these threads, so don't expect these threads to represent the number/percentage of defective units. And Pulse Eight is a reseller in this context. They don't just rip open random sealed product to make sure a major company like Motorola didn't screw up. Target, Best Buy, or Amazon wouldn't do that.

What Pulse Eight will do is make this right. They'll either get working replacements from Motorola or they'll give a refund. These are good people who do honest business.

- jhsrennie - 2011-12-16

Note also that Pulse Eight have put a lot of time and work into Eden to add support for CEC devices.

JR

- outleradam - 2011-12-17

Ned Scott Wrote:You only hear about the complaints in these threads, so don't expect these threads to represent the number/percentage of defective units. And Pulse Eight is a reseller in this context. They don't just rip open random sealed product to make sure a major company like Motorola didn't screw up. Target, Best Buy, or Amazon wouldn't do that.

What Pulse Eight will do is make this right. They'll either get working replacements from Motorola or they'll give a refund. These are good people who do honest business.
I'm pretty sure they're all bad. I've had two now and both have had left button press issue and range issue.

- Ned Scott - 2011-12-17

outleradam Wrote:I'm pretty sure they're all bad. I've had two now and both have had left button press issue and range issue.

Well there's some scientific proof :P

- kiboy6 - 2011-12-17

I too have received two out of two bad.

However, agreeing with what others have said, I have found Pulse Eight's customer service in dealing with this issue to be outstanding.

- Bram77 - 2011-12-18

Same here, two out of two...
Service is as can be expected. They send a faulty device, so they send a new one and refund additional costs that have to be made. This is how it should be, nothing special. It's cool they do stuff for XBMC specifically. This makes all of us have a little more patience. It still is a commercial deal.

So when is someone at Pulse eight going to respond? Can we expect a replacement that works any time soon, or should I request a refund?

- Malard - 2011-12-27

Sorry I've been very busy and not monitoring this thread recently.

Motorola have been given until the 23rd of January to provide a sample batch of remotes that all must pass testing, i.e. I will try to replicate the faults everyone is having in each one of them, if they all pass, we will get new remotes and issue replacements to those who want them.

If they don't then well, all sorts of issues for Motorola Wink