Kodi Community Forum
XBMC gets dedicated remote - Motorola Nyxboard - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: OS independent / Other (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=228)
+---- Thread: XBMC gets dedicated remote - Motorola Nyxboard (/showthread.php?tid=80968)

XBMC gets dedicated remote - Motorola Nyxboard - Steini - 2012-03-19

Try unplugging the dongle. I read something about a kernel bug that sometime made the dongle unresponsive. Does happen on occasion to me.

RE: XBMC gets dedicated remote - Motorola Nyxboard - mat____ - 2012-03-19

Tried that, it's not a reception issue, the light on the remote does not flash on key press. It's gone off again, I've let the batteries out for half an hour, tried a fresh set too but this time it's staying dead. Looks like I'll email support again. Sad

RE: XBMC gets dedicated remote - Motorola Nyxboard - digitaltomj - 2012-03-20

Personally, I have an HP MCE remote that I mapped out some of the redundant keys to preform specific xbmc functions...(the enter key sends C, the print key sends M, and I made the windows key send mouse commands when held down and the arrows are pressed) so unless they make a full keyboard with all the F keys, Prt Sc, a windows key and so on...I wouldn't spend my money on it...Probably the best fix is a keyboard app on a smart phone or tablet with an IR blaster (cause wifi remotes can lag and that gets old fast) and since many new products are coming out with IR blasters, I'll bet that will be much more popular with the XBMC community

RE: XBMC gets dedicated remote - Motorola Nyxboard - Malard - 2012-03-20

(2012-03-19, 23:29)mat____ Wrote: Tried that, it's not a reception issue, the light on the remote does not flash on key press. It's gone off again, I've let the batteries out for half an hour, tried a fresh set too but this time it's staying dead. Looks like I'll email support again. Sad

Got your reply this morning, it seems fine now apparently? Really not sure what is going on, but we want to stay on top of it as no-one else has reported this issue

Re: XBMC gets dedicated remote - Motorola Nyxboard - frieten - 2012-03-20

Ok so after the last few positive.comments I'm willing to give this a go. Just one question, can u ship internationally? Im in australia

XBMC gets dedicated remote - Motorola Nyxboard - Steini - 2012-03-20

They sent me and I'm in Iceland

RE: XBMC gets dedicated remote - Motorola Nyxboard - Bram77 - 2012-03-20

Just received my replacement (2nd one). Fingers crossed! I will report back in a few days or earlier if I run into problems.

RE: XBMC gets dedicated remote - Motorola Nyxboard - Bram77 - 2012-03-20

I need to be able to open the context menu's. I know it's discussed and that they're likely to be removed in the future (which I think is useless and would downgrade XBMC closer to the iPhone limited standards). But right now we do have context menu's and I need to be able to open them to be able to use the full potential of XBMC. There are two buttons on the remote that do nothing (EPG and USER). How can I use one of them to benefit from the context menu?

RE: XBMC gets dedicated remote - Motorola Nyxboard - tetzuoshima - 2012-03-21

(2012-03-20, 23:12)Bram77 Wrote: I need to be able to open the context menu's. I know it's discussed and that they're likely to be removed in the future (which I think is useless and would downgrade XBMC closer to the iPhone limited standards). But right now we do have context menu's and I need to be able to open them to be able to use the full potential of XBMC. There are two buttons on the remote that do nothing (EPG and USER). How can I use one of them to benefit from the context menu?

Just download a nyxboard custom keyboard.xml and put it in your userdata/keymaps (difference between OS)
Look in this wiki: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Alternative_keyboard.xml_for_Nyxboard
It maps the red button to the context menu.
Works great for me.

XBMC gets dedicated remote - Motorola Nyxboard - Thizizmyname - 2012-03-21

Before I could go into peripherals in settings to stop search when it's turned over and set user-button.
But now it seems I'm not able to go in there, why?
(I'm on standard RC2)
I'm gonna try and use a special keyboard .xml since now leaving the keyboard and no longer have direct access to context menu, I need something to be able to delete mistaken episodes. Or other things.

RE: XBMC gets dedicated remote - Motorola Nyxboard - Bram77 - 2012-03-21

Thanks for the tip tetzuoshima. Unfortunately the alternative keyboard.xml is not working for me. It's being ignored by XBMC. I'm running the latest daily build of OpenElec. The file is in the correct place and properly formatted/indented. Any suggestions on what might be wrong?

XBMC gets dedicated remote - Motorola Nyxboard - Steini - 2012-03-22

You have to put it in /userdata/keymaps/nyxboard/keyboard.xml

RE: XBMC gets dedicated remote - Motorola Nyxboard - jhsrennie - 2012-03-22

(2012-03-22, 12:25)Steini Wrote: You have to put it in /userdata/keymaps/nyxboard/keyboard.xml

This bug was my fault (I probably shouldn't write code when drunk :-). As of RC2 XBMC looks for mapping files in system\keymaps, then userdata\keymaps, then system\keymaps\nyxboard and finally userdata\keymaps\nyxboard. Because later config files override eariler ones, the mappings in system\keymaps\nyxboard\keyboard.xml were overriding the ones in your custom keyboard.xml in userdata\keymaps. As Steini says, putting your custom keyboard.xml in userdata\keymaps\nyxboard is a fix for now.

The bug has been fixed in the trunk code and I think the fix has made it into the v11.0 release.

JR

RE: XBMC gets dedicated remote - Motorola Nyxboard - Bram77 - 2012-03-22

Thanks a lot for pointing this out Steini and for clarifying jhsrennie!

RE: XBMC gets dedicated remote - Motorola Nyxboard - DanLongman - 2012-03-23

Just got my nyxboard today.

And I have to say; I LOVE IT! Big Grin

Previously used a MCE remote, This is night and day.
Super responsive. Great range. the built in XBMC support is awesome!
Fast shipping from UK to Canada. Smile
Amazing customer support.

Thank you pulse eight and Malard! and all of Team XBMC for the amazingness that is XBMC Big Grin (been using it since i put my smartxx chip in my original xbox (almost 10 years ago!))