Kodi Community Forum
XBMC Commander - Yet another unofficial third-party XBMC remote for iPad - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: XBMC Commander - Yet another unofficial third-party XBMC remote for iPad (/showthread.php?tid=81018)

RE: XBMC Commander - Yet another unofficial third-party XBMC remote for iPad - grywnn - 2012-07-01

Last update was only 3 weeks ago, thats not exactly what i'd call awhile. Smile
As mentioned before, i'm quite busy at my primary job at the moment, plus i'm getting married in a month.

I did run a quick check on the sorting issue though, and got the impression that this might be a xbmc issue:
Looks like when i request the sorttitle property through the json api, it's always empty.
Still gotta reliably confirm this, then i'll write a bug report.

RE: XBMC Commander - Yet another unofficial third-party XBMC remote for iPad - meridius - 2012-07-02

Ok cheers, thanks for looking into the sort problem. Could u not put an option in the settings to use your new sort and old sort way whicj worked on a few builds back until the bug is fixed thats if its in oh congratulations on getting married, hope u have a good day.

Cheers

RE: XBMC Commander - Yet another unofficial third-party XBMC remote for iPad - ventolin - 2012-07-02

Pressing the 'IMDB' link on a movie within XBMC Commander has been broken for...... as long as I can remember.

Using the most recent version of the IMDB app, it simply crashes every time. Perhaps this is a problem with the IMDB app itself, in which case I apologise, but I'm figuring they perhaps changed their app URL scheme?

RE: XBMC Commander - Yet another unofficial third-party XBMC remote for iPad - texaco - 2012-07-03

[suggestion] control volume with ipod/ipad/iphone volume button.

dont know how strict apple is with using the volume buttons but im currently using a ipod for control and would love to use the hardware buttons for volume Smile

RE: XBMC Commander - Yet another unofficial third-party XBMC remote for iPad - Snowy Owl - 2012-07-07

I have iOS 5 with last XBMC. I can connect to server and use gestures and remote and I can see and play all from Files mode but Movies and Music Videos (content modes) are empty! I'm sure I set content to my any source but still empty.

Please help me how to solve this.

RE: XBMC Commander - Yet another unofficial third-party XBMC remote for iPad - xbmc17 - 2012-07-07

There was an update a couple weeks ago, give him a break! XBMC Commander is already the best way to control XBMC bar none, including any remote control on the market. And for the ridiculously low cost, stop your complaining. There will be an update when he has time.

RE: XBMC Commander - Yet another unofficial third-party XBMC remote for iPad - ventolin - 2012-07-11

None of us is complaining... I agree, XBMC Commander is easily the best XBMC app. This thread just seems to be the easiest and best way to communicate with the developer.

RE: XBMC Commander - Yet another unofficial third-party XBMC remote for iPad - efty.edge - 2012-07-13

Hi.

I use the Commander on my iPad 3 and run XBMC on my Mac Mini.
Everything looks fantastic and works fine. Bye the way, i start XBMC
only when i need it. So i have following question or feature request.

Is it possible to run following steps from inside the XMBC Commander? Blush

1. Connect to Mac Mini over a VNC or Telnet Connection
2. Check if XBMC is running
3. If it is not running - start it

Thanx in advance
Efty

RE: XBMC Commander - Yet another unofficial third-party XBMC remote for iPad - Trestry - 2012-07-17

Is it possible to create a button to play local trailers on xbmc instead of searching on YouTube? Thanks for the great app!

RE: XBMC Commander - Yet another unofficial third-party XBMC remote for iPad - mukati - 2012-07-23

Hi grywnn,

Another request! Smile

My wife downloaded a new remote on her Android for XBMC (not sure of the name). It had this one feature that I'd really love to see in the commander. Basically if anyone is calling you on the phone, your video pauses and displays the caller id or contact card of the person calling you on the screen!. Once you're done with your call, the video resumes.

Now that is something I'd love to see. I've lost the count of how many times someone is calling me while i'm watching a movie and i'd like to pause it so i can attend the call, but guess what... the remote is my phone, so i dont have a remote till i end the call!

you think its doable?

Much appreciated..thanks!!

RE: XBMC Commander - Yet another unofficial third-party XBMC remote for iPad - Bkam - 2012-07-23

mukati , you need to JB your iphone to get it to work and use this app http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=64545&highlight=notify+pro
It has nothing to do with XMBC Commander

RE: XBMC Commander - Yet another unofficial third-party XBMC remote for iPad - mukati - 2012-07-23

(2012-07-23, 08:43)Bkam Wrote: mukati , you need to JB your iphone to get it to work and use this app http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=64545&highlight=notify+pro
It has nothing to do with XMBC Commander

Yup.. thats the problem. i dont wanna jailbreak Smile.. i was hoping if it could be done on the android remote, maybe it could be done on this one as well..

RE: XBMC Commander - Yet another unofficial third-party XBMC remote for iPad - Bkam - 2012-07-23

Nopp cant be done appel dont allow apps to use those function in there software sadly :/

RE: XBMC Commander - Yet another unofficial third-party XBMC remote for iPad - xtermin8r - 2012-07-24

@ To the developer of XBMC Commander.

Your app rocks.
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=136699

Thank You .

RE: XBMC Commander - Yet another unofficial third-party XBMC remote for iPad - Mspec - 2012-07-24

This app is fan friken tastic, Anybody that comes around is amazed at the integration of xbmc and this kick arse remote app that can control it all. If I was not lazy before now I am even more lazy hahaha. Paying for this was an absolute no brainer.
Well done sir is all I can say Big Grin