Kodi Community Forum
XBMC Commander - Yet another unofficial third-party XBMC remote for iPad - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: XBMC Commander - Yet another unofficial third-party XBMC remote for iPad (/showthread.php?tid=81018)

RE: XBMC Commander - Yet another unofficial third-party XBMC remote for iPad - grywnn - 2012-08-29

(2012-08-28, 18:25)Driver666 Wrote: Hi There Grywnn,

Greetz from The Netherlands and thanks for developing this great app!!!
One quick question, after connecting the Ipad 2 with the ATV 2 everything worked fine.
The only problem is that a lot of movie covers appear two times and i canĀ“t delete the double ones.
Updating the library makes it worse, some movies are now visable three times with covers.
Any clue what went wrong.....

Thanks for responding.

Try cleaning the library:
In XBMC, select settings->video->library->clean library (or something like that - got this from memory)
This will remove all orphaned database entries in XBMC and hopefully removes the duplicates.

RE: XBMC Commander - Yet another unofficial third-party XBMC remote for iPad - meridius - 2012-08-31

Hi there

Just got your latest update,

1. there seems to still be a problem woth the sort by title its not keeping the movies in order and the library is all mest up. most of my movies use sort by title in there info file so that it can keep movies in order.
eg

this is how movies are sorted if you dont use the movie sort order in xbmc

title :blade
Sort order title:

title :blade II
Sort order title:

title :blade runner
Sort order title:

title :blade trinity
Sort order title:

as you can see blade runner is after blade ii and then blade trinity so what i use in xbmc is ii still use sort by title but xbmc always looks to see if the sort by title has been filled in if not it resorts to the title if it has got somthing in sort by title it uses that to sort it but still uses the title for the movie in the library.

so it would go like this to keep it sorted

title :blade
Sort order title:

title :blade ii
Sort order title:

title :blade trinity
Sort order title: blade iii

title :blade blade runner
Sort order title:

as oyu can see now thee in order becasue in blade trinity i have used the sort by title field and put blade iii in there but on the xbmc library the title still says blade trinity but keeps it in order.

I hope you can add this feature as about 4 versions ago of xbmc commander it never had this problem and only in the last 4 versions the library has been messed up.

cheers

RE: XBMC Commander - Yet another unofficial third-party XBMC remote for iPad - grywnn - 2012-08-31

Again, this happened when i switched from letting XBMC do the sorting to sorting within the app.
Funny thing is, its working fine on my Eden test install, so the app respects the sorttitle returned by XBMC.

Writing this a thought just crossed my mind:
You're not still using Dharma, are you?
Dharmas JSON implementation doesn't return the sorttitle, so you would be out of luck there.

RE: XBMC Commander - Yet another unofficial third-party XBMC remote for iPad - meridius - 2012-08-31

Yes mate using xbmc 10.1 so I need to upgrade to xbmc 11 to sort this ? If so I might just wait till xbmc 12 comes out as there was nothing new for me in xbmc 11 as I was wating for hd audio and xbmc 12 will not be that far off I can wait awhile

Cheers

RE: XBMC Commander - Yet another unofficial third-party XBMC remote for iPad - xbmc17 - 2012-09-01

In my albums folder structure (for music) I have a folder called "singles" that holds the random single songs for an artist. These folders do not show up in XBMC Commander, anyone know why? If using XBMC directly, "singles" shows up ok. The only way to find these songs is through the file browser rather than library.

RE: XBMC Commander - Yet another unofficial third-party XBMC remote for iPad - meridius - 2012-09-01

Hi

Been using the automatic wake on LAN and its great but the only problem is when you shut down the app and come back to use it.

When you load xbmc Commander it does not go back to the wake up screen it just hangs at the control panel for about 15sec before it relises the htpc is not on and then reverts back to the wake up screen which then wakes up the htpc.

This has been happening on the older versions to as you had to go to the htpc selection tab to pick the htpc just to get the wake screen to come up. Is there any chance of improving this ?

Thanks

RE: XBMC Commander - Yet another unofficial third-party XBMC remote for iPad - grywnn - 2012-09-04

(2012-09-01, 15:08)meridius Wrote: Hi

Been using the automatic wake on LAN and its great but the only problem is when you shut down the app and come back to use it.

When you load xbmc Commander it does not go back to the wake up screen it just hangs at the control panel for about 15sec before it relises the htpc is not on and then reverts back to the wake up screen which then wakes up the htpc.

This has been happening on the older versions to as you had to go to the htpc selection tab to pick the htpc just to get the wake screen to come up. Is there any chance of improving this ?

Thanks

Finally found time to look into this.
Looks like i had the auto WOL code in the wrong place, should be better in the next update (which i'll submit within the next few days to apple).

RE: XBMC Commander - Yet another unofficial third-party XBMC remote for iPad - grywnn - 2012-09-04

(2012-09-01, 01:54)xbmc17 Wrote: In my albums folder structure (for music) I have a folder called "singles" that holds the random single songs for an artist. These folders do not show up in XBMC Commander, anyone know why? If using XBMC directly, "singles" shows up ok. The only way to find these songs is through the file browser rather than library.

XBMC Commanders music section is strictly album based, so all songs that have no corresponding album defined are ignored.
In other words:
I do some kind of XBMC.getAlbums() request and only show corresponding songs once an album is pressed.
Hence the app doesn't know about songs that don't belong to an album.
A workaround might be (haven't tested it) to add album informations to the id3 tags of the songs, and have XBMC rescan them. This should make them appear in XBMC Commander. You might even use fake albums like "singles", one per artist.

RE: XBMC Commander - Yet another unofficial third-party XBMC remote for iPad - meridius - 2012-09-04

(2012-09-04, 12:12)grywnn Wrote:
(2012-09-01, 15:08)meridius Wrote: Hi

Thanks

Finally found time to look into this.
Looks like i had the auto WOL code in the wrong place, should be better in the next update (which i'll submit within the next few days to apple).

Thanks

Will this also speed up the check to see if the htpc is on when u load xbmc commander when not using wake on wol to ?

Cheers

RE: XBMC Commander - Yet another unofficial third-party XBMC remote for iPad - PatrickBateman - 2012-09-05

Few quick questions,

I used to be able to view my video and music apps (using the files tab) but now they seem to have vanished? Nothing has changed on my xbmc box, has something changed in the latest update?

Also,
Sending the shutdown/power down command from the remote only seems to close the app but not actually shutdown or power down the pc it's on?

Again, nothing has changed at my end.

Xbmc 11 Eden final
iPad/iPhone
Latest app version
Windows 7 xbmc boxes

Cheers,

Ps...
When watching content from the BBC iplayer app etc, the content is not shown on the remote section (unlike local content), however it is displayed in the playlist section..
Is there any way this playlist information can be pushed to the remote section of the app when no other data is being displayed? If that makes sense Big Grin

RE: XBMC Commander - Yet another unofficial third-party XBMC remote for iPad - bobrap - 2012-09-06

(2012-08-23, 16:01)grywnn Wrote: But in return for all the breakage Frodo users will get a new feature: Marking movies / episodes watched (or unwatched) from within the app!

Has the marking movies/shows been implemented yet?

RE: XBMC Commander - Yet another unofficial third-party XBMC remote for iPad - meridius - 2012-09-14

Hi mate

Just got your update and was hoping for a fix. When u have xbmc up and running and using your app and put the xbmc computer into standby and shut xbmc commander down before the pc shuts down. Next time u open xbmc commander it just sits there for about 40sec thinking the pc is on untill it relises it's off and brings up the wake up button.

Is there a way to make this faster or instant ? Maybe the app resets every time U load it to check to see of the pc is on.

Cheers

RE: XBMC Commander - Yet another unofficial third-party XBMC remote for iPad - fatal. - 2012-09-15

Hey,

Using pre-frodo, thanks for the fix for the crash...but still a couple of issues:

1. No songs are listed when selecting an album (all I have is the Play Album and Queue Album buttons on the detail page, no individual songs are listed)
2. The two finger pull down is not working when browsing your movie collection.

Take Care

RE: XBMC Commander - Yet another unofficial third-party XBMC remote for iPad - grywnn - 2012-09-17

@bobrap:
Yes, try a long press on a movie or an episode.
Mind: This requires XBMC v12 (Frodo), and changes in watched status might not be reflected in XBMCs UI. This is an XBMC issue - list views are cached, and marking an episode as viewed through the remote doesn't invalidate this cache.

@meridius:
I always tried this the other way round (aka optimizing the time to recognize the XBMC is UP), i'll check

@fatal:
1. Will be fixed ASAP. Found that i still got a request to the old HTTP API when getting album descriptions. Looks like this API has finally ben dropped in the latest nightly...
2. Got an idea what might cause this, i'll check.

RE: XBMC Commander - Yet another unofficial third-party XBMC remote for iPad - meridius - 2012-09-18

Thanks mate

There's no problem when the pc is on its very quick at detecting that which is exellent just when h put the computer in sleep mode then close the app down just before the pc sleeps as when u reload the app it just hangs for awhile before the wake up option appears.

Cheers