Kodi Community Forum
XBMC Commander - Yet another unofficial third-party XBMC remote for iPad - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: XBMC Commander - Yet another unofficial third-party XBMC remote for iPad (/showthread.php?tid=81018)

RE: XBMC Commander - Yet another unofficial third-party XBMC remote for iPad - ntarantino - 2012-11-17

Excited about the movie crash. Everything has been working but this one. Thanks for the work.

(2012-11-05, 16:08)grywnn Wrote: a few quick words from the dev (aka me Smile )
I _think_ i have tracked down the movie crash (wasn't easy). Looks like XBMC sometimes returns an empty set of streamdetails (video format, video resolution etc) for certain movies.
Looks like the app crashes when it encounters one of those. I'll try to fix this asap.

As far as development is concerned:
I'm currently working on PVR support, which turns out to be a little painful, since XBMCs API is far from complete in this area.
Also i'm running a critical deadline on my "day-job" atm and find very little time to spare on the Commander project.

- No idea as for the remote control flip out (continuos movement). Experienced this once myself, not sure what happens there.
- Crashes when editing menu items: Fixed in my local codebase.

RE: XBMC Commander - Yet another unofficial third-party XBMC remote for iPad - Noexicaise - 2012-11-18

Hi,

This app is great !

Unfortunatly, i have a problem with a custom command: takescreenshot.

It's seem it doesn't work.

Any idea?

Thanks advance

Julien[/i]

RE: XBMC Commander - Yet another unofficial third-party XBMC remote for iPad - ventolin - 2012-11-20

Looking forward to a fix for the crash when accessing the movies section.

This only started happening to me when I upgraded to XBMC 12 beta 1. Also, since doing that, I can't view my tv series in this format:

Instead, my tv series are just displayed like movies (DVD cases instead of banners) and none of them have art.

RE: XBMC Commander - Yet another unofficial third-party XBMC remote for iPad - chris_dub - 2012-12-01

Has anybody run into trouble with the new XBMC 12.0 "Frodo" and connecting your Commander remote app?

I had to turn off the "Use HTTP proxy server to access the internet" option in Settings > System > Internet Access in order to update new content. However, this seemed to disconnect my XBMC Commander remote app on my iPod touch.

Is there a way around this? Or just a bug for now...

RE: XBMC Commander - Yet another unofficial third-party XBMC remote for iPad - ventolin - 2012-12-04

It's been a good few weeks now, and still no news.. I understand you're busy with work, and the task of implementing PVR support is huge, but could we at least have a little bugfix release so that tv series are displayed properly with XBMC 12?

This is driving me crazy!

RE: XBMC Commander - Yet another unofficial third-party XBMC remote for iPad - mukati - 2012-12-05

(2012-12-04, 23:18)ventolin Wrote: It's been a good few weeks now, and still no news.. I understand you're busy with work, and the task of implementing PVR support is huge, but could we at least have a little bugfix release so that tv series are displayed properly with XBMC 12?

This is driving me crazy!

Hi Ventolin,

When I upgraded to Frodo I had a similar issue, but I dont think its a remote app problem. Can you see covers and other art directly in XBMC? I couldnt, i had to rescan my entire library, and all the fanart appeared.. after which they came back on the remote as well

RE: XBMC Commander - Yet another unofficial third-party XBMC remote for iPad - ventolin - 2012-12-05

(2012-12-05, 06:46)mukati Wrote: Hi Ventolin,

When I upgraded to Frodo I had a similar issue, but I dont think its a remote app problem. Can you see covers and other art directly in XBMC? I couldnt, i had to rescan my entire library, and all the fanart appeared.. after which they came back on the remote as well

Well, when i tap "Movies", XBMC Commander just crashes. When I tap "Music", I can view the covers and art and so on.

How do you do an entire rescan of metadata in XBMC without losing the record of what you've watched, etc?

RE: XBMC Commander - Yet another unofficial third-party XBMC remote for iPad - mukati - 2012-12-05

(2012-12-05, 11:30)ventolin Wrote:
(2012-12-05, 06:46)mukati Wrote: Hi Ventolin,

Well, when i tap "Movies", XBMC Commander just crashes. When I tap "Music", I can view the covers and art and so on.

How do you do an entire rescan of metadata in XBMC without losing the record of what you've watched, etc?

This is from XBMC itself.. not from the remote..

- Navigate to Videos
- Files
- Right click on Movies -> Change Content Type
- Currently you'll have your default scraper.. IMDB or TheMovieDB.. etc..
- Set it to None
- XBMC will prompt you; do you want to remove all items in the path..
- Select 'No'
- Jump back in the Content Type Settings..
- Set your scraper.
- XBMC will prompt you again.. do you want to scan your entire source.
- Select 'Yes'

Just to let you know.. this fixed my fanart on XBMC itself.. however XBMC Commander still crashes on Movies section. TV Shows works fine (now with all the proper fanart which was missing)

RE: XBMC Commander - Yet another unofficial third-party XBMC remote for iPad - ventolin - 2012-12-05

(2012-12-05, 12:25)mukati Wrote: This is from XBMC itself.. not from the remote..

- Navigate to Videos
- Files
- Right click on Movies -> Change Content Type
- Currently you'll have your default scraper.. IMDB or TheMovieDB.. etc..
- Set it to None
- XBMC will prompt you; do you want to remove all items in the path..
- Select 'No'
- Jump back in the Content Type Settings..
- Set your scraper.
- XBMC will prompt you again.. do you want to scan your entire source.
- Select 'Yes'

Just to let you know.. this fixed my fanart on XBMC itself.. however XBMC Commander still crashes on Movies section. TV Shows works fine (now with all the proper fanart which was missing)

Yep, that's great, so I have cover art on the dvd cases now. Thanks for that!

But just for the record, selecting "Options -> Layout -> Details: Fan art" still results in dvd cases being shown in my tv series, instead of fan art banners.

RE: XBMC Commander - Yet another unofficial third-party XBMC remote for iPad - mukati - 2012-12-06

That's again due to something in Frodo.. I use a Windows Phone remote.. and after I upgraded, that remote also started showing DVD cases and not banners..

RE: XBMC Commander - Yet another unofficial third-party XBMC remote for iPad - sl1m - 2012-12-06

Is there a way to mark an Item (TV Show / Season / Episode) as watched manually? This "new" feature really doesn't help if you are watching on multiple devices and not only xbmc.

RE: XBMC Commander - Yet another unofficial third-party XBMC remote for iPad - StealthyMonk - 2012-12-10

Hmmm, I'm having some issues with playing music, first I am running paid (full iphone/ipad)version of commander on iPhone 4S, with iOS 6. I am running XBMC 11 Eden.

The issue I have is, I select an artist which shows all albums. I then select an album which shows all songs. The first 8 songs I can tap and the menu shows up (play this song/play album with this song first etc.) If I tap anything after song 8 it closes the song list and plays nothing. I also have commander on my ipad and this does not happen. I also have official xbmc remote and the songs play fine.

edit:I am mistaken, it is not always song 9 and up-some it's less. For example Black Keys, Brothers(deluxe) I can select all of the songs except 15 and 16.

Any ideas??

BTW great job on the app, especially the ipad version-with fanart it is absolutely brilliant!!

RE: XBMC Commander - Yet another unofficial third-party XBMC remote for iPad - chris_dub - 2012-12-13

Anybody else having the issue of XBMC Commander crashing when you attempt to load your 'Movies' tab??

RE: XBMC Commander - Yet another unofficial third-party XBMC remote for iPad - mukati - 2012-12-13

(2012-12-13, 05:11)chris_dub Wrote: Anybody else having the issue of XBMC Commander crashing when you attempt to load your 'Movies' tab??

Same here.. the app honestly has been rendered useless lately.. It started with iOS 6 upgrade..and now after upgrading frodo.. things are very bad.. I'm using my windows phone remote currently to navigate XBMC

RE: XBMC Commander - Yet another unofficial third-party XBMC remote for iPad - JBNY - 2012-12-13

Yeah, problems on the ipad too, lots of crashing, also when viewing albums in the music section the albums always show up blank, but pressing the play all button does play the whole album.

Hopefully we get an update.