Kodi Community Forum
XBMC Commander - Yet another unofficial third-party XBMC remote for iPad - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: XBMC Commander - Yet another unofficial third-party XBMC remote for iPad (/showthread.php?tid=81018)

- zepfan - 2010-11-22

Hmmm. Odd. Hope you enjoy the app!

- grywnn - 2010-11-22

Quote:P.S. Well, apparently my first app download was corrupted or something. Even after full reset when I installed app from computer. it did not work. I deleted it from iPad and downloaded it on iPad again. Problem is gone now. Strange, never saw something like that happening.
Very strange indeed.
Could be that this had something to do with a corrupted cache item.
Clearing the cache only clears the thumbnail cache (known bug, already fixed in source), while deleting the app and reinstalling actually clears all user data.
Thats the only explanation i have atm. Glad it works for you now, though Smile

Quote:As to the wishes - will it be possible to add Audio track button in remote control menu to choose audio track without entering OSD?
Oh, and I use modified keyboard.XML (I had to remove f and space key bindings for various reasons). Space is the key that pauses playback in xbmc and f fast forwards playback. I assume your app uses space and f keys, because my pause and fforward buttons do not work. Not a big problem, just something I thought you should know.
The remote control menu will be customizable soon (basic coding already done), that will enable you to add an audio track entry yourself.
And you're right, i'm sending keyboard events for the playback controls. I'll think about making these customizable too...

Quote:Also, can you add virtual keyboard too, please? For some reason the only action I can perform when entering text when naming movie, for example, is double tap which deletes character, therefore I must use iXBMC which has virtual keyboard and then your app again.
As zepfan correctly stated:
The code for this is ready, but i've been facing quite a few situations where it didn't work as expected (ex. when XBMCs virtual keyboard was onscreen, keyboard events sent by the remote didn't work - which kind of negates all the use Sad)
This is a feature i want (need) myself, so i'll get back to it.
Kind of busy right now with bugfixing though Smile

- thomash72 - 2010-11-22

I will definetly purchase this app as soon as I upgrade to Dharma (I am just waiting for the official XBMC release). I am very eager too see if this application satisfies my music needs. As of now I am using the Squeezebox/Squeezepad solution for music, but I really want to go 100% XBMC, and this app may turn out to fill in the missing pieces with regards to efficient music searches/playlist management. I have been following this thread with great interest - keep up the good work!

- Bkam - 2010-11-22

i have found a bug , sometime when i try to close a movie info with the X nothing happens, the only thing to do is press outside the cover to close it.

- waltermalter - 2010-11-23

Bkam Wrote:i have found a bug , sometime when i try to close a movie info with the X nothing happens, the only thing to do is press outside the cover to close it.

This happens here (sometimes) too. I have not seen it with movies (maybe because i use the App. 95% for music) but it happens often, when i group by artist and then select an artist and then an album. The X shows a glow effect which indicates that the iPad realizes that i have pressed the button but the album does not close.

The work around is to click (tapp) somewhere on the screen ( Same As mentioned by Bkam.) This is probably due to only one small thing.

Cheers,
Walter

- grywnn - 2010-11-23

Bkam Wrote:i have found a bug , sometime when i try to close a movie info with the X nothing happens, the only thing to do is press outside the cover to close it.
Gotcha.
Happens if the app receives a memory warning from the os (which happens at about ~8MB of used RAM. It's like coding for a 486 again :p).
Fixed this in the codebase.

Now that 4.2 is officially out i'll release the next update (mainly bugfixes, will start on multitasking features afterwards) quite soon.

- Bkam - 2010-11-23

grywnn Wrote:Gotcha.
Happens if the app receives a memory warning from the os (which happens at about ~8MB of used RAM. It's like coding for a 486 again :p).
Fixed this in the codebase.

Now that 4.2 is officially out i'll release the next update (mainly bugfixes, will start on multitasking features afterwards) quite soon.

lol 8mb yea that is going bakwards Big Grin

some one asked back if it would be possibly now with 4.2 and multitasking to link a movie to a trailer on youtube , would be soo nice to be able to watch trailers on the ipad that way Smile
or atleast that when you press trailer youtube open up and the name on the movie is pasted in to the search field and if possibly search done to

- GinSoakedBoy - 2010-11-23

Bkam Wrote:lol 8mb yea that is going bakwards Big Grin

some one asked back if it would be possibly now with 4.2 and multitasking to link a movie to a trailer on youtube , would be soo nice to be able to watch trailers on the ipad that way Smile
or atleast that when you press trailer youtube open up and the name on the movie is pasted in to the search field and if possibly search done to

I think just putting a YouTube link into an app points the iPad to the YouTube app. If you click a link in Mail it opens YouTube. So it should be possible I hope.

- johnny utah - 2010-11-23

Hi grywnn,

Excellent App!! Would love to be added to next beta if that's possible.
I'm planning on buying the app this week.

Some feedback...
-a flat background (as you already mentioned) would be cool...maybe a dark color like the greyish iPad background on some apps? or graphite stone type look?

-would be great to have the option to see the posters only, without the see-through cover

-also the rating stars...just my opinion, but 10 seems like a lot and sometimes takes attention away from the text, etc. since they're also green. any way to change this to a number system ie. 6/10 or option to hide the ratings?

-not sure if it's possible, have a look at the way reFocus skin uses a small fanart thumbs for tv shows, may be nice/stylish option to have as well for TV in XBMC Commander, assuming it's easy to do and not a perfomance hit.

-lastly, big + for picture library support and in-device streaming option...both would be excellent features for future releases...similar to what klexi has now for Plex.

Thanks for the great work! Big Grin

- mastermischke - 2010-11-23

well

today i found some time to test the app

but it does not work ... at least not with dharma RC1 , does it?

every time i click on movies, or tv shows ... i got a "crash to desktop"

I'm using windows7 dharma RC1 with iPad 3.2.2

maybe somebody can confirm this?Smile

- grywnn - 2010-11-23

mastermischke Wrote:but it does not work ... at least not with dharma RC1 , does it?
every time i click on movies, or tv shows ... i got a "crash to desktop"
I've received no crash reports related to rc1 so for, using it myself without problems.
What exactly do you mean by "crash to desktop"?
Does XBMC crash or does the app crash?

One more thing i found out today - maybe this is the cause:
The new JSON API relies on port 9090 being free. If this port is already used by an other application (transmission for example), XBMCs internal JSON server won't start (which doesn't affect normal usage), and this will cause my app to misbehave.
Since this is a problem with XBMC (port 9090 seems to be hardcoded) theres nothing i can do about this.
Btw this is not to be confused with port 8080. Port 8080 is used for http communication. The requests are internally wraped to port 9090 from there.

grywnn Wrote:I've received no crash reports related to rc1 so for, using it myself without problems.
What exactly do you mean by "crash to desktop"?
Does XBMC crash or does the app crash?

One more thing i found out today - maybe this is the cause:
The new JSON API relies on port 9090 being free. If this port is already used by an other application (transmission for example), XBMCs internal JSON server won't start (which doesn't affect normal usage), and this will cause my app to misbehave.
Since this is a problem with XBMC (port 9090 seems to be hardcoded) theres nothing i can do about this.
Btw this is not to be confused with port 8080. Port 8080 is used for http communication. The requests are internally wraped to port 9090 from there.

sorry for being not very clear

When i say crash to desktop i mean that the app crashes.
port 9090 is not being used by any other application so far (double checked it)
in xbmc I'm using 8080

:/

- grywnn - 2010-11-23

GinSoakedBoy Wrote:I think just putting a YouTube link into an app points the iPad to the YouTube app. If you click a link in Mail it opens YouTube. So it should be possible I hope.
I've already played a little with this Smile
This works with links to single videos, but i've found no way (yet) to do a search query in the youtube app.
Linking to a youtube search url opens safari. Which is 90% as good Wink

Quote:-a flat background (as you already mentioned) would be cool...maybe a dark color like the greyish iPad background on some apps? or graphite stone type look?
-would be great to have the option to see the posters only, without the see-through cover
-also the rating stars...just my opinion, but 10 seems like a lot and sometimes takes attention away from the text, etc. since they're also green. any way to change this to a number system ie. 6/10 or option to hide the ratings?
Two features, but basically the same effort.
If i've got some spare time and my todo list is empty i'll do it Wink

Quote:-not sure if it's possible, have a look at the way reFocus skin uses a small fanart thumbs for tv shows, may be nice/stylish option to have as well for TV in XBMC Commander, assuming it's easy to do and not a perfomance hit.
I know what you mean, but since this is highly skin dependent i'd rather skip this.

Quote:-lastly, big + for picture library support and in-device streaming option...both would be excellent features for future releases...similar to what klexi has now for Plex.
Streaming is far from easy, requires server side scaling etc.
And i've just added one "+" to picture library Smile

- grywnn - 2010-11-23

mastermischke Wrote:sorry for being not very clear

When i say crash to desktop i mean that the app crashes.
port 9090 is not being used by any other application so far (double checked it)
in xbmc I'm using 8080

:/

OK, please send me a iPad crashlog and a xbmc log.
Since the xbmc log contains only the last session, please make sure you used my app somewhere during this session.
Send these to info(at)xbmc-commander.de, and i'll see if i can find the problem.

grywnn Wrote:OK, please send me a iPad crashlog and a xbmc log.
Since the xbmc log contains only the last session, please make sure you used my app somewhere during this session.
Send these to info(at)xbmc-commander.de, and i'll see if i can find the problem.

done! Smile