Kodi Community Forum
XBMC Commander - Yet another unofficial third-party XBMC remote for iPad - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: XBMC Commander - Yet another unofficial third-party XBMC remote for iPad (/showthread.php?tid=81018)

- waltermalter - 2010-11-23

Hello grywnn,

unfortunately I got some "crashes" today. As far as I have noticed they happen mostly at "TV series" (not sure about movies). I'll try to find a way to reproduce the crash. For now I can only tell, that the app shows the episodes in the list just fine. But if i click on one of the episodes to play it, the app closes without any message. I think I have seen this with music too. Fortunately this happens so rare, that I can't give more accurate information right now, but I will try to keep an eye on it in order to be more specific. Let me know if you need a crash log for this.

Yet another point for the wish list (to do list?): Is it possible to have a full text search?
What I'm looking for is the ability to search for a song (e.G. searching for "Penny Lane" should display the song in the Magical Mystery Tour Album of The Beatles and of course should give me the option to open the album or play the song directly). Right now, only album titles are searched, not the songs in the albums.

THX,
Walter

- thomash72 - 2010-11-24

waltermalter Wrote:Hello grywnn,

Yet another point for the wish list (to do list?): Is it possible to have a full text search?
What I'm looking for is the ability to search for a song (e.G. searching for "Penny Lane" should display the song in the Magical Mystery Tour Album of The Beatles and of course should give me the option to open the album or play the song directly). Right now, only album titles are searched, not the songs in the albums.

THX,
Walter

+1 for full music text search. Ideally, I would like a "Penny Lane" search to display 3 hits:
[Artist] Beatles
[Album] Magical Mystery Tour
[Song] Penny Lane

You then have the option to drill down from these three initial findings

- johnny utah - 2010-11-24

grywnn Wrote:Streaming is far from easy, requires server side scaling etc.
And i've just added one "+" to picture library Smile

Thanks for your reply. Is this easier to implement with Plex? Klexi got it implemented/working...but I would prefer to use XMBC for OSX since the new Plex is a bit buggy.

Look forward to seeing how this develops.

- Cheeshead - 2010-11-25

Loving the new beta...

Not one crash yet!

Recently added / not watched yet filters are great additions.

Ignoring the "the" option took me a bit of fiddling to get going...it didn't work at first, I had to flip it off...completely exit app (bring up task manager and kill task) enable it, then open app again...didn't work from initial install.

- grywnn - 2010-11-25

Quote:Ignoring the "the" option took me a bit of fiddling to get going...it didn't work at first, I had to flip it off...completely exit app (bring up task manager and kill task) enable it, then open app again...didn't work from initial install.
Yeah i've got some problems with this myself, tv shows at home aren't sorted correctly... i'll have a look at this.

On second thought:
I think i'll hardwire this and drop the settings switch completely. Or is there anyone out there who really want's "the a-team" appear under "t" instead of "a"?

- jeromem75 - 2010-11-25

grywnn Wrote:Yeah i've got some problems with this myself, tv shows at home aren't sorted correctly... i'll have a look at this.

On second thought:
I think i'll hardwire this and drop the settings switch completely. Or is there anyone out there who really want's "the a-team" appear under "t" instead of "a"?

Nope I don't care and I do like the changes especially the option features.
I bought your app but enjoying the Beta :p

- mastermischke - 2010-11-25

has somebody been able to reproduce the problem i mentioned one page ago?

crashing app when i click on movies or tv shows.

XBMC dharma rc1 ... windows 7

tried different ports. 8080 or 5050 or what ever Wink

in xbmc i ALLOWED control over xbmc from other systems etc. double checked that

app still crashes the moment i click on movies or tv shows .... the remote function says "connecting" all the time Sad

- R_N_B - 2010-11-25

Nice work - upgraded to 4.2.1 on my ipad and now it is no longer connecting to the XBMC

- waltermalter - 2010-11-26

mastermischke Wrote:has somebody been able to reproduce the problem i mentioned one page ago?

Have you upgraded to Rc1 from an older version?

Sometimes there are problems with updated settings and databases. You can easy check this, if you rename your userfolder. Of course you'll have to configure your xbmc again (incl. Your Media sources). For testing it might be suitable to only add one source and See if it works.

Cheers,
Walter

- zepfan - 2010-11-26

R_N_B Wrote:Nice work - upgraded to 4.2.1 on my ipad and now it is no longer connecting to the XBMC

Try deleting the app and reinstalling it. That worked for me.

- mastermischke - 2010-11-26

zepfan Wrote:Try deleting the app and reinstalling it. That worked for me.

that fixed the problem for me!

- Archigos - 2010-11-26

I wasn't going to bother, but since I noticed others still asking, accepting more beta testers? (I just bought your app about a minute ago and syncing it over now).

- R_N_B - 2010-11-26

zepfan Wrote:Try deleting the app and reinstalling it. That worked for me.

Thanks mate will try that again - I thought I had done that once before but obviously not. Oo

edit: As strange as it seems the app works fine on the RC1 that I have just installed on another machine but refuses to see the other which it did before??

Can only assume that son has been messing around with the XBMC again (budding coder Smile it seems) so I will wait for them to get back from school and then let them sort their own mess out.

Just to repeat - error is on the XBMC side and not the app at all.

- johnny utah - 2010-11-26

Hi grwynn,

I bought your app last night! Great job! Was up until 2am testing/playing with it. =)
I got a ton of feedback I thought I would share. I hope you don't mind if I do.

Feel free to read, use, or ignore any/all parts. Just my humble opinion....I see a lot of opportunities with this app because the performance is already there!

Performance:
-awesome! quick, smooth, big thumbs up for the local caching of thumbnails! This is definite must have in this app.

-the remote feels a bit buggy when scrolling with two fingers it's hard to get much movement with one swipe across the screen or get any inertia on the XBMC screen.
Would be great if there was a way to click left or right (like a keyboard) to have more control over how fast one could scroll horizontally.

Views:
-For Movies - love the current view. Any chance you could consider adding a list view including the cover so you can also read the movie titles, similar to the view in the HD Remote app? Same for music. See here: http://ipad.diqiu.me/

-Would be great to get an letter list to flip to that section of the library quickly.

-The flipping is a cool effect, but would be awesome if you could consider expanding the view when it flips to show the poster on one side of the screen and the description + play button on the other, just like the view on the Apple Movie section...I think it would be easier to read long descriptions and press the play button if bigger:
Apple view: http://www.flickr.com/photos/51790290@N03/4767706241/

-If you could please consider adding a "more info" button on the back of the movie covers so the when it's clicked it would show the "more info" screen on the TV as well...would be awesome in place of the Apple type view on the iPad! =)

Remote:
-As metioned above...the scrolling doesn't feel that smooth when using the horizontal 2 finger scroll...but maybe it was just me.

-Also the volume bar on the bottom has a delay after you use the slider...it doesn't move until 1 or 2 seconds later even though the volum has already changed.

-Would be awesome if there a way to add a button shortcut (optional) for each of the areas in XBMC (ie. movies, pictures, music, weather) so that the screen would open that library without having to go back to the main screen.

Design & Fonts
-something I found a bit strange is that there's about 3 or 4 different fonts used throughout the app.

-The title for the movie that shows up when the cover flips seemt to be Times Roman or something...but the description and buttons are Arial.

-The font for music is also different...looks like Futura Md. And then the remote has the chalky schoolbook type font.

-No criticism...but you may want to use the same font for the Music/Movies/description sections...The font used in the reFocus skin may be a good one (I don't remember the name), since the kerning is not wide you can get lots of words in even in smaller sizes.

Wake fron Sleep & Shutdown
-not sure if this is a bug, but the shutdown button didn't work for me at all

-also tried to connect after my mac mini was put to sleep and didn't work

-if it helps, may want use bluetooth to connect...I have a logitech dinovo mini keyboard which connects to the mac via bluetooth and that seems to wake it up without any issues. not sure if the problem with wake-up via the app is my problem or if others experience the same.

Oh and lastly, a big ++ for iPhoto albums integration for the pictures section. I know it's handled via the plugin, but would be great to see those come though on the iPad if that's a possibility.

By the way, if you are interested in adding Spanish to the app languages down the line let me know...I can help.

Thanks for reading,

Johnny.

- brownstein - 2010-11-26

Cannot find the alternate layout in beta 1.3, have tried deleting and reinstalling and cannot seem to find this option anywhere?