Kodi Community Forum
XBMC Commander - Yet another unofficial third-party XBMC remote for iPad - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: XBMC Commander - Yet another unofficial third-party XBMC remote for iPad (/showthread.php?tid=81018)

- Slipx - 2010-11-27

Bkam Wrote:I like the new layout but 2 things , possibly to skip the rating stars and perhaps a light grey color , becouse your screen shoot is really dark (but perhaps it look better irl Smile )

I've just bought the app. Works very well, thank you. I had a few crashes while it was cacheing my library data, but since then it has been stable. I prefer the new layout and really like the idea of having the movie rating shown. It helps when picking movies to watch out of a large library.

Keep up the good work.

- grywnn - 2010-11-27

fufubar Wrote:I´d love to be able to directly manipulate the "progressbar" of a running movie, so that it would be possible to jump to certain point rather than fast-forwarding to it by two-finger swiping. "HD Remote" does a good job implementing that, but don´t worry: other than that your app is far superior to HD Remote.
Consider it done (not in the next update though: I will push this to apple today) Big Grin

- Slipx - 2010-11-27

Any chance you could add an option to clean the library i.e. a "clean library" button next to where there is the option to update the music and movie libraries.

- johnny utah - 2010-11-27

grywnn Wrote:Hi Johnny, feedback is always appreciated Smile

I just finished an alternate layout thats kinda like the bookshelf, just without all the artwork.
Clean thumbnails, black background, title and rating under each thumb.

Wait, i'll add a screenshot...

...here you go

Hi grwynn,

Thanks for your being so open-minded to consider some of the feedback and for the quick reply.

New layout looks great! Personally I prefer not to have the star ratings because they are from imdb - not my own (if I'm not mistaken). Would really appreciate if the ratings were optional to show on the screen if possible...but again, just my opinion. Plus if you look, you'll notice most ratings for most movies are very similar (6-9 stars) so really hard to judge any difference like that.

By the way, check out an app called movies now...has a clean backdrop with covers only in case it gives u any ideas.

Thanks again for making this awesome app!! Looking forward to the next update! Smile

Johnny

- grywnn - 2010-11-27

johnny utah Wrote:Would really appreciate if the ratings were optional to show on the screen if possible...but again, just my opinion. Plus if you look, you'll notice most ratings for most movies are very similar (6-9 stars) so really hard to judge any difference like that.
Hehe nice coincidence: I've spend the last 2 hours coding configurable ratings Smile
The ratings i get are XBMCs internals, that is i'll display anything in your database. XBMC alway gives me ratings from 0-10.
I've just added options to
- display them as 10 star ratings (as before)
- display them as 5 star ratings (scaled down from 0-10)
- display the number
- display no ratings at all
These will be selectable in the system settings.

- zepfan - 2010-11-27

Loving the Beta, especially with the new design.

- GinSoakedBoy - 2010-11-27

The new design is great for the poster views but it doesn't work for banner view for TV shows, it looks pretty bad.

I think with the new layout I'm definitely leaning towards using posters for TV view though.

- grywnn - 2010-11-27

Quote:The new design is great for the poster views but it doesn't work for banner view for TV shows, it looks pretty bad.

I think with the new layout I'm definitely leaning towards using posters for TV view though.
Well i'd say thats up to personal taste Wink
It just occurred to me that i might add an option show seasons an a seperate page instead of sliding them between the banners. Just like i do in poster view.

Is there any way to have it so that shows with only one season e.g. Firefly just go straight to the episodes?

- grywnn - 2010-11-27

GinSoakedBoy Wrote:Is there any way to have it so that shows with only one season e.g. Firefly just go straight to the episodes?
I just started to watch last sundays "the walking dead" episode and was thinking the same thing Cool
No probs here in poster view, i can easily flip those. I'll have to see if this works with banners too (technical: Sure, esthetical: We'll see)

Ah, The Walking Dead, a great show and a great series of comics.

- fufubar - 2010-11-28

Hm, maybe I´ve found a bug, at least strange behavior: When I play a song directly (without using the app) in xbmc and switch to fullscreen, I´ve set it to show fanart, which works nice. But when I choose songs with xbmc commander an hit the fullscreen-button, I dont get fanart-pictures, just the regular background picture.

Or am I doing something wrong?

- Bkam - 2010-11-29

I have 2 profiles on my XBMC one for me and one for my kid. I change from my profile to his everything work , but when i change back it messed up all my covers and wouldnt load them.

Any one has it working with 2 profiles?

- grywnn - 2010-11-29

Bkam Wrote:I have 2 profiles on my XBMC one for me and one for my kid. I change from my profile to his everything work , but when i change back it messed up all my covers and wouldnt load them.

Any one has it working with 2 profiles?

Sounds like you run into this bug.

Basically two things happen:
- XBMC stops responding to requests after switching from master profile to another and back again.
- XBMC Commander uses cached data from there on. Since XBMC Commander itself isn't profile-aware (just reacts to profile changes by reloading lists in the latest beta), the cached data is that of the last request - which is the wrong profile. Thumbs that aren't cached wont work at all from here on.

Solutions:
- Wait for the bug to be fixed in XBMC (according to trac this has been fixed in svn 6 days ago, so it should be fixed in rc2/final)
- For now: restart XBMC after switching back to master profile
- On my own todo list: Make the cache profile-aware. This won't help with this issue though, since XBMC Commander would still be stuck on the kid's profile after switching back to master profile.

Quote:Hm, maybe I´ve found a bug, at least strange behavior: When I play a song directly (without using the app) in xbmc and switch to fullscreen, I´ve set it to show fanart, which works nice. But when I choose songs with xbmc commander an hit the fullscreen-button, I dont get fanart-pictures, just the regular background picture.
Hm i can only guess:
As far as i know music-fanart-slideshow is handled by the skin.
I'd say the skin somehow isn't able to find the source folder for the items in the playlist i create when playing an album.
I've made a note, digging deeper into playlists is next on my todo list.

- zepfan - 2010-11-29

WOL Works for me with the second revision you send out!