Kodi Community Forum
XBMC Commander - Yet another unofficial third-party XBMC remote for iPad - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: XBMC Commander - Yet another unofficial third-party XBMC remote for iPad (/showthread.php?tid=81018)

- drunkendragon - 2010-12-11

clipper99 Wrote:If pictures were added I may just have to visit Germany (did i get that right?) and personally pay you an upgrade fee grywnn! Laugh

Unbelievably I have yet to come across a good picture viewer app for the iPad al-la ACDSee that will work over wifi to my shared photos on the PC. Not wanting to hijack this thread further, if you are reading this and know of an app that will do this please send me a PM.

Cheers

I would already be happy starting a slide show from the ipad.... Germany is our neighbor so i could say hello Wink

- zepfan - 2010-12-11

Ethendrel Wrote:i already removed the app from the ipad and reinstalled it. still no movies displayed :/

That wasn't fully what I had said. Try deleting the app on the ipad, then delete the app from the computer (iTunes) then redownload through iTunes store. You have to click buy again, but don't worry it wont charge you. Let me know if that works.

- Ethendrel - 2010-12-12

zepfan Wrote:That wasn't fully what I had said. Try deleting the app on the ipad, then delete the app from the computer (iTunes) then redownload through iTunes store. You have to click buy again, but don't worry it wont charge you. Let me know if that works.

sorry, i didnt fully write what i did. i did remove the app from itunes und redownloaded it too. i rebuilt the complete database on my xbmc box. still no success.

right now im thinking about resetting the ipad.

- zepfan - 2010-12-12

Ethendrel Wrote:sorry, i didnt fully write what i did. i did remove the app from itunes und redownloaded it too. i rebuilt the complete database on my xbmc box. still no success.

right now im thinking about resetting the ipad.

Give that a try and let me know, maybe i can help more.
Edit: By resetting you mean turn off and turn on, not restore right?

- sho - 2010-12-12

Movies on my Windows test machine work just fine, so I am inclined to think it's something specific to that (Live RC2) machine in conjunction with the app, rather than the app installation itself.

- PelleBoA - 2010-12-12

Hello.

I have a problem with the sort order "Recently Added". When having the genre set at "all" i ONLY get the latest movies I added to my library. However when selecting a specific genre, say comedies, I get ALL comedies listed in whatever order I added them to my library.

And what I really want to have is the ability to sort my movies in the order I've added them to my library, so that the latest added movie comes first. And I want to be able to do this without selecting a genre. I'm pretty sure this wa possible before the latest update, or am I wrong?

- AgeOfPanic - 2010-12-12

Hi Grywnn
Thanks for the answers. I will try to find a keyboard shortcut for shutdown. If I find anything, I will let you know. Again, I'm very happy with app.

- stoli - 2010-12-13

@grywnn - maybe I just missed it somewhere, but how can you switch between banners and posters for tv shows?

Great app - thanks!

Edit: Never mind. I'm a little slow today. Big Grin

- grywnn - 2010-12-13

Hi folks,

i've been out of town since saturday, let's try to catch up...

Movies not showing:
This is really strange.
Basically, all i'm doing is sending a "VideoLibrary.GetMovies" with static parameters
Code:
{
"fields":
   ["playcount", "year", "rating", "genre", "trailer"],
"sort":
   { "method": "sorttitle", "order": "ascending", "ignorethe": true }
}
So the request itself is pretty basic stuff with very little room for errors.

So what could happen?
Two things cross my mind:

- I've set up a timeout of 2 seconds for these requests. Maybe you run into this. In this case you should see a spinning cursor for about 2 seconds when switching to the movies tab (or hitting the reload button in the options menu)

- Could be the response gets corrupted somehow (could be an encoding problem for example). Maybe it's one single movie that's messing up the response.
Could you please try to (if you don't mind)
- backup your library
- delete your video sources
- create a source with a single movie in it, scan it
- see if this shows up?

Recently Added:
This is actually a bug. Recently added in conjunction with genre filter doesn't work at all as expected Rolleyes
Problem with "recently added" is: If i query XBMC i "only" get the newest 25 items.
What you were seeing when the whole list was sorted in the order your movies were added was actually a list sorted by itemID. This looked like "recently added", since this ID is continuously increasing as you add items to the library. But you can't rely on this.
I'll need to redo that part in any case to fix the bug, i'll see if i can do something like "sort the first 25 items as reported by XBMC, sort the rest by id".

Picture library:
Good news everyone! I've taught the toaster to feel love!
I've started on the file browser a few days ago, and it turns out i get the picture library for free while doing that.
What i'm currently working on:
- browsing your music / video / picture sources, file based (done)
- viewing pictures on the iPad, full size, per directory (nearly done)
- starting slideshows, per directory
- slideshow controls
- starting / enqueuing video & music files

- drunkendragon - 2010-12-13

grywnn Wrote:Picture library:
- browsing your music / video / picture sources, file based (done)
- viewing pictures on the iPad, full size, per directory (nearly done)
- starting slideshows, per directory
- slideshow controls
- starting / enqueuing video & music files

one word: WHAHOOOOEEE!!!

- sho - 2010-12-13

Found the culprit, movie filename contained an accented character (í).
IIRC the author of XBMoteC fixed a filename issue that stopped library content from showing (might be related).
Luckily the offending movie was early in the alphabet Wink

But btw how are you able to get Movie Sets working where everyone is failing?
Are you using JSON-PRC or the to-be deprecated HTTPAPI?

And is "Multidisc" the best term for such sets?

- BigCheese - 2010-12-13

Hi grwynn,

looks really nice your app Smile unfortunatly up to now i use PLEX on the mac, because xbmc is a bit slow playing HD content (or a bit jerky with RC2 on my machine)...
Do you support PLEX in the near future?

Is the library in "offline mode" (if no xbmc is running) saved in the app or must it be downloaded every time when starting the app?

And another question: i am trying myself a bit in iphone coding, but with the JSON RPC, I am really blind - can you tell me (perhaps PM) on which URL i have to send the JSON string ?? I think i know the layout of the strings, but I have problems - and no response Sad would be great to see a code snipet of this section Smile

cheers,
bigcheese

- mobious - 2010-12-14

I just got to say one thing, I was excited when I found out about the wtouch web interface add on, and then I saw this. My god it was an instant buy for me, I am no longer going to use my rii mini wireless keyboard! This app is amazing. Any plans on porting to to the iPhone?

Also i can't believe I am the first one to review this app. Come on guys give it the praise it deserves! Tongue

- clipper99 - 2010-12-14

mobious Wrote:I just got to say one thing, I was excited when I found out about the wtouch web interface add on, and then I saw this. My god it was an instant buy for me, I am no longer going to use my rii mini wireless keyboard! This app is amazing. Any plans on porting to to the iPhone?

Also i can't believe I am the first one to review this app. Come on guys give it the praise it deserves! Tongue

I thought the same...there was only 1 negative review when I submitted mine. I have since come to the conclusion that you only see reviews from your home country.

- grywnn - 2010-12-14

Quote:Any plans on porting to to the iPhone?
Not right now.

Quote:Do you support PLEX in the near future?
Sorry, but no. PLEX forked from XBMC long before the JSON API started to evolve, so "talking" to PLEX isn't the same as talking to XBMC anymore.

Quote:Is the library in "offline mode" (if no xbmc is running) saved in the app or must it be downloaded every time when starting the app?
- I'm caching all data as it is requested
- Thumbnails will always be read from cache, metadata / lists will be read from cache if no connection is available
- Drawback: Thumbnail changes in XBMC might not be reflected on the ipad
- Drawback: When offline, you'll only see thumbnails / details for items you've browsed to when online.
- Big Plus: Speed Smile

Quote:And another question: i am trying myself a bit in iphone coding, but with the JSON RPC, I am really blind - can you tell me (perhaps PM) on which URL i have to send the JSON string ?? I think i know the layout of the strings, but I have problems - and no response would be great to see a code snipet of this section
No Problem.
Remember that when using JSON over http, you'll have to POST your request-data with the url.
Also, i'd highly recommend using ASIHTTPRequest for doing your requests. This library add some neat features like being able to cancel a download that's in progress, or setting a timeout.

Code would look something like this:

Code:
    NSURL *url = [NSURL URLWithString:@"http://xbmc:8080/jsonrpc"];
NSString *postData = @"{\"jsonrpc\": \"2.0\", \"method\": \"JSONRPC.Ping\", \"id\": 1}";

ASIHTTPRequest *request = [ASIHTTPRequest requestWithURL:url];
[request appendPostData:[postData dataUsingEncoding:NSUTF8StringEncoding]];

[request startSynchronous];

NSError *error = [request error];
if (!error) {
   NSString *response = [request responseString];
}
Of course you'll rather want to add this request to a NSOperationQueue than starting it synchronous.

Quote:Found the culprit, movie filename contained an accented character (í).
IIRC the author of XBMoteC fixed a filename issue that stopped library content from showing (might be related).
Luckily the offending movie was early in the alphabet
Since this seems to be platform dependent, i'd suspect this a XBMC issue.
I'll try to reproduce this anyway, and see if i can do something about it.

Quote:But btw how are you able to get Movie Sets working where everyone is failing?
Are you using JSON-PRC or the to-be deprecated HTTPAPI?
You just stumbled upon my dark little secret Smile
You're right, i'm doing quite a few things via the old http api, until they are implemented in JSON - at which time i'll switch.
Movie sets is one of the less obvious cases. When i encounter a set in my JSON response (movieid=0), i grab the setID from the virtual file thats delivered with the response, and fall back to http api requests from there on.

Quote:And is "Multidisc" the best term for such sets?
Not very confident with this myself, suggestions welcome. Tried "set", but thats somehow to short to look good on the badge. "movieset" might be a solution?