Kodi Community Forum
XBMC Commander - Yet another unofficial third-party XBMC remote for iPad - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: XBMC Commander - Yet another unofficial third-party XBMC remote for iPad (/showthread.php?tid=81018)

- peter_rjs - 2010-12-23

Brilliant app thus far. I'm only using it for music, but one odd thing is that it fails to show quite a few albums which are in the "Various Artists" folder.

Some show up, some don't. I can't see any reason when comparing between them.

I've tried updating the library, and even deleted the app, reset iPad, and re-installed the app, but still the same.

The albums are there - they show up on my Android remote just fine, and play fine. When I play them on the Android remote, they show up as playing on the iPad?

Any ideas?

- peter_rjs - 2010-12-23

Well, very odd. It seems playing a missing album with another remote, and then using the iPad to pause it, or basically interact with it causes it to appear in the library.

Still a bit odd, as under "Artist" flat sort, some "various artists" albums appear under "v" and some are elsewhere. But none appear under "Artist" grouped sort.

I'm using the latest app - I think, but can't seem to find the version number to check.

- clipper99 - 2010-12-23

The sorting bug in this newest version is kinda disappointing and deleting the cache doesn't work for me to fix it as the previous version would.

Also not a big fan of the new main menu to match the modern view. Makes the app look kinda soulless, perhaps it could also be an option as the library views are?

Cheers

- efty.edge - 2010-12-23

Hi grywnn,

I have the same problems with the latest itunes version. Everytime i tap on a library icon it takes up to 4 seconds an then i'm back on springboard. Shocked

I use the stable XBMC Dharma 10 and a fresh jailbreaked iPad with 3.2. Deleting the Commander and installing it new is no solution. By the way, i cleard the cache.

I hope for a quick fix.

Thanks
Efty

- DazFC - 2010-12-23

Bkam Wrote:Do any one now if its possibly to make a key to open the download subtitles app when you play a movie, soo i can make my own shortcut for it Smile?

I don't imagine it'd be overly difficult. perhaps a bit of editing in the keymap.xml. I'll have a look next time I'm home long enough to fire up a PC

Turns out that the menu save does work its just the special keys which aren't saving.

That said I've not tried the update with the new front-end (which I'm looking forward too as I'm not a fan of the wood - personal preference)

- Bkam - 2010-12-23

thx for trying Smile, i just thougt it would be nice to be able to 1 click to open the download for subs and skip open up the OSD

- PeeBee - 2010-12-23

Downed XBMC 10 and bought this app today.
I'm amazed till now and exploring on my iPad.

- Slipx - 2010-12-23

efty.edge Wrote:Hi grywnn,

I have the same problems with the latest itunes version. Everytime i tap on a library icon it takes up to 4 seconds an then i'm back on springboard. Shocked

I use the stable XBMC Dharma 10 and a fresh jailbreaked iPad with 3.2. Deleting the Commander and installing it new is no solution. By the way, i cleard the cache.

I hope for a quick fix.

Thanks
Efty

Also running jailbroken Ipad with IOS 3.2 and the app keeps crashing. As a matter of interest what OS is your xbmc running on?

I know its a long shot but does anyone know where I can download the previous version or perhaps even a beta so I can get it running again.

- efty.edge - 2010-12-23

@Slipx

Hi,

Dharma runs under Windows 7 32 Bit with all actual ServicePacks and Hotfixes installed. Hope this helps.

Efty

@grywnn
When can we expect a fixed version!? Huh
In the meantime is it possible to join the beta program!? Rolleyes

Thanx
Efty

- Bkam - 2010-12-23

It sound like its 3.2 iOS that is the problem becouse its work perfect for me and i am on 4.2 with jb

- AgeOfPanic - 2010-12-24

Yep, running iOS 4.2 as well and downloaded the newest version yesterday as well. So far, it is running fine. I found the option in the menu to reprogram the shutdown button to send the pc into hibernate. Amazing app and it can now function completely to play music without the use of the tv. With the news that somebody cracked Airplay for XBMC, who knows what the future brings.
The only thing I noticed is that hitting a button in the new remote layout doesn't give you any feedback whether you pressed the button or not. especially with commands like hibernate, this would be nice. Thanks for this app.

- krowie - 2010-12-24

Is there a way to change the view for tv shows ? Currently in the box view and you can't really tell which show is which because the box is cutting the banner .. Would prefer tv shows in banner mode can't seem to find whereto change this option

- drunkendragon - 2010-12-24

Crashing with the latest update on Ipad JB 3.2, cleared the cache Sad Running final on win7

- OcnewB - 2010-12-24

Running xbmc live10.00 stable dharma release installed on hdd. Xbmc commander on ipad + 4.2.1 Library's of music/tv series work. When i enter the movie lib. the app crashes. No JB on my ipad.

Pls help dev :-)

- grywnn - 2010-12-24

Hi everyone,

i'll try to get an hour off from family tomorrow and see if i can fix the crashing issue.
Unfortunately iTunes connect (thats the developers backend to the store) is offline due to holidays until 29.12., so i will push this out as a beta.

SO, EVERYONE WITH CRASHING ISSUES:
Send me your email address and your device id (to info(at)xbmc-commander.com).