Kodi Community Forum
XBMC Commander - Yet another unofficial third-party XBMC remote for iPad - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: XBMC Commander - Yet another unofficial third-party XBMC remote for iPad (/showthread.php?tid=81018)

- jtucker1972 - 2010-12-29

I want to start a movie with home cinema script. I setup a keycap shortcut and created a new menu item to send the key command. This works ok but with my large video collection it is cumbersome to gesture to find the movie I want. I really like the bookshelf view, but can't figure out how to get then play button to start cinema. It just starts the movie directly. Could there be a way to configure what the play button does?

Also, how does the enqueue work? I tried pressing that to add it to the video queue and then click my cinema menu button, but it doesn't find the movie to play.

- jabba_29 - 2010-12-29

clipper99 Wrote:You are using the modern view and he changed te home screen to match the minimalist theme. I don't like it either, it looks far too plain and i've grown accustomed to great visuals on my iPad! Laugh
To get it back you have to switch back to bookshelf view.

Cheers
Thanks. Forgot about that setting but found it eventually.

Movie collections - no covers - shadowfighter - 2010-12-29

JBNY Wrote:Does anyone else use movie collections? Posters are not showing up in collections for me. Using the current version from the app store.

Hi,

Yes I have the same, running the latest version from the (dutch) appstore. I verified but on the XBMC machine self the covers do show, so they are in the movieDB.

I am using XBMC 10.10..

So probably a bug in this SUPER program !!!

Some other Q's:
- can you show the version of the XBMC commander somewhere in the GUI?
- would it be possible to edit the video / music locations from the XBMC Commander APP instead of within XBMC?
- rescan / rescrape a specific movie, with the XBMC Commander it is very quick to see which covers I am missing, when I miss something and I have updated the info (externally) I would like to rescape a file.

thanks for this nice proggie, worth the money !!!
Big Grin

- mrloofer - 2010-12-31

Love this app. Finally I may be able to replace my Harmony! Quick question: Is there a trick to getting it to remember my sort order? It keeps defaulting to sort by year if I close the app/re-open (or rather when the app is removed from memory). Have tried the clean cache method but this didn't fix it.

Great work!!

- retret66 - 2011-01-01

jtucker1972 Wrote:I want to start a movie with home cinema script. I setup a keycap shortcut and created a new menu item to send the key command. This works ok but with my large video collection it is cumbersome to gesture to find the movie I want. I really like the bookshelf view, but can't figure out how to get then play button to start cinema. It just starts the movie directly. Could there be a way to configure what the play button does?

Also, how does the enqueue work? I tried pressing that to add it to the video queue and then click my cinema menu button, but it doesn't find the movie to play.

LOL, I use Ultimote and cinema experience wont start either. I posted this issue on other thread but I believe Slaveunit have a solution for me..For now, I modified the keyboard.map and assign the cinema script to the 'Enter" key and it worked but will not work when mouse1 is clicked to select a movie. I think this is the same behaviour when we select a movie from most of these xbmc remotes. I will try to download autohotkey and assign mouse1 to "Enter" key and see if this works..never have the time yet but will try in couple days..

- r4nd0m - 2011-01-02

drunkendragon Wrote:1.6.5 does not crash! Thanx Grywnn!! Merry Christmas!

any information when a new version is available?

- nugentgl - 2011-01-02

I have the latest version from the AppStore and starting with Dharma final, when I select Movies or TV Shows, the bookshelf view starts, it thinks for a few seconds and then closes program. I have rebooted the iPad and my HTPC, but I still have the same problem. Prior to Dharma final, I was able to see my Movies and TV Shows.

Is this a known issue?

- zepfan - 2011-01-02

nugentgl Wrote:I have the latest version from the AppStore and starting with Dharma final, when I select Movies or TV Shows, the bookshelf view starts, it thinks for a few seconds and then closes program. I have rebooted the iPad and my HTPC, but I still have the same problem. Prior to Dharma final, I was able to see my Movies and TV Shows.

Is this a known issue?

Yea, 1.6.5 should be hitting as soon as it clears. I'm pretty sure he submitted it on the 25th (maybe the 26th).

- r4nd0m - 2011-01-02

well I saw that there was an issue that apple didnt allow new apps to be submitted but I wonder how long it might take to get a working version as I havent got any since I bought it ...

- AgeOfPanic - 2011-01-02

I decided to start using Media Companion to download all the fan art and banners and stuff. I removed all the sources for video files in XBMC and then readded them to make these changes appear. Now I have a couple of comments.
In banner view it shows part of the poster instead of the banner.jpg, that is available in the root folder of the show. Do I need to switch something in XBMC. It worked before, when I used XbMC to scrape.
In movie sets, I don't see the individual movie posters. The movie set has a poster, but after selecting it, I don't see the individual ones.
I would like e visual conformation upon pressing a button in the remote section.

Thats it. Thanks for all the work.

- grywnn - 2011-01-03

Hey guys,

i've been completely offline for the last week (some stupid thing called "vacation").
So lets start digging through all the posts that piled up in the meantime:

Quote:In banner view it shows part of the poster instead of the banner.jpg, that is available in the root folder of the show. Do I need to switch something in XBMC. It worked before, when I used XbMC to scrape.
In movie sets, I don't see the individual movie posters. The movie set has a poster, but after selecting it, I don't see the individual ones.
I would like e visual conformation upon pressing a button in the remote section.
Banner/poster: Not sure myself.
All i do is basically ask XBMC "give me the thumbnail for show xy", and use what i get. Might be this defaults to poster.jpg if your directory contains both poster and banner (Thats the case for you, right?). In this case banner.jpg is something the skin uses.

Movie sets:
Sets are not (yet) working with the new JSON api, so i had to do some dirty hacks to get them working at all. Thumbnails missing for some installations is a known issue, but i decided to wait for the API to fully support sets (which it will) and than do it "the right way", rather than introducing further workarounds.

Button feedback: Noted.

Quote:Yea, 1.6.5 should be hitting as soon as it clears. I'm pretty sure he submitted it on the 25th (maybe the 26th).
Unfortunately i couldn't, submission was closed down from 23rd to 29th too.
Submitted it now, review usually takes ~7 days.

Quote:I have the latest version from the AppStore and starting with Dharma final, when I select Movies or TV Shows, the bookshelf view starts, it thinks for a few seconds and then closes program. I have rebooted the iPad and my HTPC, but I still have the same problem. Prior to Dharma final, I was able to see my Movies and TV Shows.
Sounds like the iOS 3.2 bug i introduced in 1.6.3
Is Updating your iPad to 4.2.1 an option?

Quote:Quick question: Is there a trick to getting it to remember my sort order?
Fixed in the version i just submitted to apple.

Quote:- can you show the version of the XBMC commander somewhere in the GUI?
- would it be possible to edit the video / music locations from the XBMC Commander APP instead of within XBMC?
- rescan / rescrape a specific movie, with the XBMC Commander it is very quick to see which covers I am missing, when I miss something and I have updated the info (externally) I would like to rescape a file.
1) Yeah why not, might add a small info button.
2) and 3) unfortunately no can do, cause these actions are not available through XBMCs API

- AgeOfPanic - 2011-01-04

Thanks for the feedback. I'll wait for the movie sets to work. Don't put too much effort in it now, if they are still working on it. I don't understand whats happening with the banners. The poster view in the app works fine, but switching to banner view cuts out part of the poster and displays it as a banner. I even switched to a banner view in XBMC to see if that would change anything.

- jtucker1972 - 2011-01-04

retret66 Wrote:LOL, I use Ultimote and cinema experience wont start either. I posted this issue on other thread but I believe Slaveunit have a solution for me..For now, I modified the keyboard.map and assign the cinema script to the 'Enter" key and it worked but will not work when mouse1 is clicked to select a movie. I think this is the same behaviour when we select a movie from most of these xbmc remotes. I will try to download autohotkey and assign mouse1 to "Enter" key and see if this works..never have the time yet but will try in couple days..

I tried autohotkey, but the issue is that I couldn't figure out how to only have the hotkey trigger when you are in movies. I'm sure there is a way, but didn't see any advantage over keymap.

I agree with your other post. It may help if we knew what API function was being called when we click on the play button. Either having the ability to modify the behavior of the button in XBMC Commander or finding how to alter the default action associated with the API call would be the only options to do what we want I think.

As for now, the best option I've found is to assign a custom key via keyboard.xml and then add a new item in XBCM Commander remote to trigger this key. I have an item to go directly to Movies, but haven't figured out how to trigger search so I don't have to scroll through hundreds of movies to find the one I want.

So close, yet so far away.

- grywnn - 2011-01-04

• hitting "play" an a library item toggles a XBMC.Play JSON command with the item id as parameter
  • "enqueue" does a VideoPlaylist.Add (or AudioPlaylist.Add).
Not much to customize here, sorry.

I've got no experience with home theater experience myself (sorry, HAD to pull that one off).
How is the script invoked? If it's a "simple" command i could add a hte button to the movie libraries items (with a toggle switch in the system settings).

EDIT:
After looking through the HTS threads a little it seems to me that the script is working on the currently selected item. This would make it impossible to start it from XBMC Commanders library screens.
Please anyone correct me if i'm wrong and there's a way to pass an item id or a filename to the script.

- stoli - 2011-01-04

And if I am not mistaken there is no way (yet) to call a script or other add-on via the json interface, is there?