Kodi Community Forum
XBMC Commander - Yet another unofficial third-party XBMC remote for iPad - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: XBMC Commander - Yet another unofficial third-party XBMC remote for iPad (/showthread.php?tid=81018)

- grywnn - 2011-01-14

sfar Wrote:Have you considered, or are you planning, support for Live TV?

What I would like to have as a first step is a list of all channels available with the name of what's currently on and then being able to tap on a channel and have xbmc tune into it.

As a second step it would be great to have the TV-Guide with all future shows.

As a third step I would like to be able to manage recordings from the TV-Guide and have it indicated in the guide if a program is queued for being recorded.

Otherwise, many thanks for your work so far on a very promising app!

I'm using the pvr branch myself, and making this app a tv remote was one of the reasons i started coding.
But right now live tv commands aren't available through the api, so this will have to wait until pvr capability is finally added to xbmc. Otherwise i would end up coding one remote for mythbox, one for xbmc-pvr with vdr backend, one for xbmc-pvr with tvheadend... you see where this is going Smile

- steve1977 - 2011-01-14

This app has come a long way. I have bought it day-1, but havent used it. Just using it again now, it is amazing and very impressive work. Thanks a lot!!!

I would have 2 feature requests:

1) Any chance for a default-setting whether "descending sort-order is used depending on the "sort-type" (i.e., by year: start most recent; by name: start with A; by rating: start with highest; recently added: start with most recently added). This would make life for my wife much easier and avoid pressing too many buttons in the remote to get what everyone wants anyways. Of course, I would suggest to keep the "descending" button to change the default order.

2) Can sorting by year reflect the day of release (i.e., show Dec 2010 first and then Nov 2010, etc.).

Thanks again so much for a fantastic app!!!

- grywnn - 2011-01-15

steve1977 Wrote:1) Any chance for a default-setting whether "descending sort-order is used depending on the "sort-type" (i.e., by year: start most recent; by name: start with A; by rating: start with highest; recently added: start with most recently added). This would make life for my wife much easier and avoid pressing too many buttons in the remote to get what everyone wants anyways. Of course, I would suggest to keep the "descending" button to change the default order.
Good point.
How about simply remembering the sort order by sort type?
That is, when you switch from sort-by-year to sort-by-name, the order the ordering automatically switches back to whatever was selected when you last switched away from sort-by-name.
Done Big Grin

Quote:2) Can sorting by year reflect the day of release (i.e., show Dec 2010 first and then Nov 2010, etc.).
Sorry, XBMC only stores the year.

- steve1977 - 2011-01-15

grywnn Wrote:Good point.
How about simply remembering the sort order by sort type?
That is, when you switch from sort-by-year to sort-by-name, the order the ordering automatically switches back to whatever was selected when you last switched away from sort-by-name.
Done Big Grin

This is great. Assume I can see this in 1-3 weeks once the next release is pushed through the appstore?

grywnn Wrote:Sorry, XBMC only stores the year.

That's a pity, but it is how it is.

- AgeOfPanic - 2011-01-15

grywnn Wrote:Hey guys,
Banner/poster: Not sure myself.
All i do is basically ask XBMC "give me the thumbnail for show xy", and use what i get. Might be this defaults to poster.jpg if your directory contains both poster and banner (Thats the case for you, right?). In this case banner.jpg is something the skin uses.

Wouldn't it be possible to ask for the banner.jpg or poster.jpg directly (depending of what you choose in settings) in stead of asking for a thumbnail?

- Zero1 - 2011-01-16

One thing i've noticed recently is that when in Movies, with 'unwatched only' ticked, it seems to be picking up some movies that are watched (browsing XBMC itself with this option on doesn't show them).

I'm guessing though this is a problem with the API rather than Commander, as you're only interpreting what it sends you!

- marillionkb5 - 2011-01-19

Love the app.

Is it just me or if you play a music album and then try to go into the fullscreen "now playing" view then you don't see the artist background / fanart ?

Cheers !

- Slipx - 2011-01-19

Any idea when movie sets are going to be working 100%. Currently have a large set with 30+ movies and XBMC Commander only shows that the set has 20 movies in it. When opening the set on XBMC I can see all the movies.

Thanks

- grywnn - 2011-01-19

Zero1 Wrote:One thing i've noticed recently is that when in Movies, with 'unwatched only' ticked, it seems to be picking up some movies that are watched (browsing XBMC itself with this option on doesn't show them).

I'm guessing though this is a problem with the API rather than Commander, as you're only interpreting what it sends you!
You're right, i'm "only" checking for playcount > 0.

marillionkb5 Wrote:Is it just me or if you play a music album and then try to go into the fullscreen "now playing" view then you don't see the artist background / fanart ?
Isn't this dependent on the skin you're using?

Slipx Wrote:Any idea when movie sets are going to be working 100%. Currently have a large set with 30+ movies and XBMC Commander only shows that the set has 20 movies in it. When opening the set on XBMC I can see all the movies.
Now this is new to me.
Movie sets are completely broken in the json api, i'm using the old api to access the database directly. Since the queries are rather simple, i can't imagine why there should be any items missing. (i'm hearing of this for the first time btw)
Well, long story short:
- i've changed some things concerning thumbnails in movie sets for the next release (should be available in a few days). This included altering the sql query, so maybe this solves this issue too (i doubt it though).
- movie sets will be available through the json api sooner or later, at which point i will switch to it.

- flipped cracker - 2011-01-19

i just came across this app the other day, and i have to say that i love it. it works brilliantly for me, and it's super simple. Thanks!

- jabba_29 - 2011-01-19

I really like this app. No complaints at all.
Do you have somewhere to make feature requests?

I use ATV for streaming my music and don't have movies mapped in a library - would it be possible to hide the movie & music buttons at the bottom?

Thanks & keep up the good work.

- zepfan - 2011-01-19

Just thought I'd pop in and say that everything is working 100% for me on the current beta, a couple crashes, but only when first downloading the thumbs for tv series. No worries, started back up and picked up right where it left off.

- marillionkb5 - 2011-01-20

grywnn Wrote:Isn't this dependent on the skin you're using?

Actually, that's a good point, am using Confluence Touch as I have a 10" touchscreen attached to the PC as well. Using the touch screen or mouse to play stuff back then it shows the Fanart....

...having said that, as your app is better suited, I really don't need the touchscreen now and was going to move it to my other system...will try with a few other skins and see what happens...thanks for that :-)

- Benjie - 2011-01-20

I'm loving this app, thanks for working on it.

A couple of questions.

I'm wondering if it's possible to change or get rid of the wooden shelf in the background when browsing movies to something more modern or just floating on a black background?

Also is it possible to have Blu-Ray cases instead of the clear cases surrounding the cover art?

- grywnn - 2011-01-20

FYI:
1.8 is currently in progress for review with apple, featuring playlist & file browser support.

Quote:I use ATV for streaming my music and don't have movies mapped in a library - would it be possible to hide the movie & music buttons at the bottom?
This will be available as soon as i hit apples 5 button limit for the tabbar, at which point the "more" button will appear and rearranging will be an easy thing to code. And i think i'll be hitting that limit soon Smile

Quote:I'm wondering if it's possible to change or get rid of the wooden shelf in the background when browsing movies to something more modern or just floating on a black background?
Take a look at the iPads system settings, there should be an XBMC Commander icon there somewhere...

Quote:Also is it possible to have Blu-Ray cases instead of the clear cases surrounding the cover art?
Not right now, theres currently no way of getting this info at list level without slowing things down considerably. But i'm pretty sure this info will be added to the things i get back when querying XBMC, add which point i'll add it to the Commander.