Kodi Community Forum
XBMC Commander - Yet another unofficial third-party XBMC remote for iPad - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: XBMC Commander - Yet another unofficial third-party XBMC remote for iPad (/showthread.php?tid=81018)

- marillionkb5 - 2011-01-20

Benjie Wrote:I'm wondering if it's possible to change or get rid of the wooden shelf in the background when browsing movies to something more modern or just floating on a black background?

Whoops ! Beaten to it, never mind Wink

- grywnn - 2011-01-20

My pleasure Smile

I admit, this is a bit hidden.

btw i'm thinking about making the layout selectable per screen (through the options dropdown; with a default setting via system settings). And adding new layouts, namely smaller versions of the existing ones.

Question on the keyboard - theotocopulitos - 2011-01-20

Uuuuuh...

I am using Beta 1.7, and everything seems ok, but I cannot get the keyboard... It's supposed to appear when xbmc requires some input in a text field, right? Or have you suppressed it again?

Thanks.

- grywnn - 2011-01-20

Quote:I am using Beta 1.7, and everything seems ok, but I cannot get the keyboard... It's supposed to appear when xbmc requires some input in a text field, right? Or have you suppressed it again?
There's no way for the app to autodetect the need for text input, so you'll have to bring up the keyboard yourself. It's one of the default buttons on the remote screen, or, if you edited them, you can re-add it - it's the first option under "special keys" or "builtins" - not sure which atm Smile

- theotocopulitos - 2011-01-20

grywnn Wrote:There's no way for the app to autodetect the need for text input, so you'll have to bring up the keyboard yourself. It's one of the default buttons on the remote screen, or, if you edited them, you can re-add it - it's the first option under "special keys" or "builtins" - not sure which atm Smile

oooops... Thanks!

- opeters - 2011-01-20

@grywnn

I like to apply for your beta version, if there is any spot available!

I have only two issues with the current release:

The Music library does not show the track number (only zeros) and I can figure out how to get the season thumb in the TV shows area.

I like this app. Best arrount. Keep up the development.

- zepfan - 2011-01-21

My keyboard doesn't work on the new beta.
Ubuntu 10.10, XBMC SVN from Mario, port 8080

- grywnn - 2011-01-21

Quote:I like to apply for your beta version, if there is any spot available!
1.8 is already in review with apple, but i could add you to future betas.
PM me your email address and your device id.

Be aware though that the next beta has just been considerably delayed, since i'll be messing around with XBMC on the iPad for the next few days Cool

Quote:The Music library does not show the track number (only zeros)
I'm taking the tracknumbers i'm getting from XBMC, so i'd guess theres something wrong on XBMCs side.
Zeros simply means that i didn't get one.
I remember having this issue too for some albums, but i can't find them anymore....
I've put on my list to add something reasonable when tracknumbers are missing. Like increasing numbers, starting with 1 Smile

Quote:I can figure out how to get the season thumb in the TV shows area.
Does XBMC show season thumbs?
If no, heres how to add them.

Quote:My keyboard doesn't work on the new beta.
Works for me, and i didn't change anything for quite a while on the keyboard.
Maybe it's a svn problem.

- opeters - 2011-01-21

Thanks grywnn,

Guess I m using the wrong season poster filename. Thanks for the link.
All my music albums have correct numbering. I can see them in XBMC. So I am wondering what is causing this behaviour.

Well I might jailbreak my iPAD to test XMBC on it. I just don't see the point. Since all my movies are in 1080P the iPAD won't be able to play them anyway.

I might get me an AppleTV though Smile

- grywnn - 2011-01-21

opeters Wrote:Since all my movies are in 1080P the iPAD won't be able to play them anyway.
As far as i understand it, they will.
Only limit would be the file size - if transferring them via wlan takes longer than playback you'll have a problem of course Smile
Can tell you more tomorrow Big Grin

- Metsadah - 2011-01-22

this app is the best. Only waiting for airplay support coming to xbmc.

I have one problem btw, the volume slide doesnt work for me.

The rest is very (!) impressive.

Are you making an iphone app too? I could see this app being ported for the iphone, current iphone apps are not very intuitive and there is no way to see your library.

- Scottland - 2011-01-22

Hi grywnn,

You may possibly remember a couple of pages back I was saying I was having some problems with keyboard input. Well I think it's not so much the keyboard not working, but more a problem with input lag.

I'm now using a new xbmc install on a new pc since I last posted and there seems to be quite a bit of lag when using the remote to browse around, and this translates for the keyboard too - typically when trying to type there's about a 30 second delay before it inputs a letter. And whilst using the remote to browse the UI, about a 5 second delay.
Have you seen anything like this before?

Cheers,
Scott

- Slipx - 2011-01-23

Just tried 1.8. Movie sets still dont show all the movies in the set - only shows 14 of the 30 + movies. When using the file browser (files icon), I can see my directories but when I select a directory it does not show any content. Just returns a blank screen. I get this for Pictures, Videos and Music. Seems to only return content when I select a Music or Video Add-on.

- clipper99 - 2011-01-24

Slipx Wrote:Just tried 1.8. Movie sets still dont show all the movies in the set - only shows 14 of the 30 + movies. When using the file browser (files icon), I can see my directories but when I select a directory it does not show any content. Just returns a blank screen. I get this for Pictures, Videos and Music. Seems to only return content when I select a Music or Video Add-on.

Pretty much the same results here plus a ton of crashing back to the desktop....disappointing. Sad

- invad3r - 2011-01-24

On my setup I too get problems with 1.8. Lots of crashes back to springboard and no working file browser. I did clear the cache...