Kodi Community Forum
XBMC Commander - Yet another unofficial third-party XBMC remote for iPad - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: XBMC Commander - Yet another unofficial third-party XBMC remote for iPad (/showthread.php?tid=81018)

- grywnn - 2011-01-24

Quote:I have one problem btw, the volume slide doesnt work for me.
No idea, just calling basic json commands aon the apps side.
Maybe your using digital passthrough for audio? Cause there's no volume changing for that.

Quote:Are you making an iphone app too? I could see this app being ported for the iphone, current iphone apps are not very intuitive and there is no way to see your library.
Sorry, no plans atm.

Quote:I'm now using a new xbmc install on a new pc since I last posted and there seems to be quite a bit of lag when using the remote to browse around, and this translates for the keyboard too - typically when trying to type there's about a 30 second delay before it inputs a letter. And whilst using the remote to browse the UI, about a 5 second delay.
Have you seen anything like this before?
Very strange indeed. Haven't heard of anything like this before.
Some ideas:
- network issue.
- issue with XBMCs internal web server. You might try if the web interface also misbehaves
- XBMCs internal web server is single threaded, it can handle only one request at a time. Do you have any other remotes running that are keeping the web server busy?

Quote:Just tried 1.8. Movie sets still dont show all the movies in the set - only shows 14 of the 30 + movies. When using the file browser (files icon), I can see my directories but when I select a directory it does not show any content. Just returns a blank screen. I get this for Pictures, Videos and Music. Seems to only return content when I select a Music or Video Add-on.
Still no idea about the movie set issue.
File browser:
What kind of sources do you have (lokal / smb shares / upnp...)?

Quote:plus a ton of crashing back to the desktop
Everybody with crashing issues please send your crash logs to info(at)xbmc-commander.com

- grywnn - 2011-01-24

Found the bug why windows directories are empty.
Fix is on it's way.

- invad3r - 2011-01-24

Cool, that's a quick one Wink I love to have filebrowsing!
Thanks for your good work.

- opeters - 2011-01-24

Feature Request:

The possibility to add a custom background for the modern view!

- Slipx - 2011-01-24

grywnn Wrote:Found the bug why windows directories are empty.
Fix is on it's way.

Great. My shares are all accessed via smb.

- Mikesch - 2011-01-24

Bought your great app recently and am really happy with it. Just one thing which I really hope for: as I use posters instead of banners for my tv shows, is there a chance for an optional tv show view with posters?

- grywnn - 2011-01-24

Mikesch Wrote:Bought your great app recently and am really happy with it. Just one thing which I really hope for: as I use posters instead of banners for my tv shows, is there a chance for an optional tv show view with posters?
There is.
Edit your servers settings within the app, there's a switch for this Smile

- Mikesch - 2011-01-24

grywnn Wrote:There is.

Aw man, I was so sure I had looked everywhere for it. Laugh Thank you very much, I now love your app even more!

- delarobbie - 2011-01-24

hi grywnn,

just got a new ipad, it's running 4.2.1, i've got a windows PC running the latest XBMC 10.0 in Windows7, on the PC it works fine,
and today i bought the XBMC commander plugin it's version 1.8, it's not really working, or i don't understand how it works, so i've got a few questions, and some are the same as i read a few mails back, like under 'files' not showing files in the directory's. under 'movies' i'ts shows only the wooden background, under pictures i't shows the directory where i've got my pictures, when i click that.., it show the empty wooden background.
i should have shown my directory's containing my pictures, it
i't shows some music when clicking the 'music' tab on the bottom, i't only shows the music i manually check in in xbmc under the music tab, but it doesnt show all the music i checked in.

i read you are working on an upgrade, when i'ts there can i upgrade mine, or do i have to buy a new one...

- stoli - 2011-01-24

grywnn Wrote:There is.

Might I suggest moving this and the clear cache option to a more intuitive location? Maybe the Poster/Banner in the Settings when in TV mode and the clear cache, while redundant, in Movies, TV and Music settings? Or move them to the Settings in the Apple Settings app?

I know I spent a bunch of time this weekend looking for it and had to come back to the forum and search for the answer. It just doesn't seem like something that should be in server settings.

- stoli - 2011-01-24

delarobbie Wrote:hi grywnn,

just got a new ipad, it's running 4.2.1, i've got a windows PC running the latest XBMC 10.0 in Windows7, on the PC it works fine,
and today i bought the XBMC commander plugin it's version 1.8, it's not really working, or i don't understand how it works, so i've got a few questions, and some are the same as i read a few mails back, like under 'files' not showing files in the directory's. under 'movies' i'ts shows only the wooden background, under pictures i't shows the directory where i've got my pictures, when i click that.., it show the empty wooden background.
i't shows some music when clicking the 'music' tab on the bottom, i't only shows the music i manually check in in xbmc under the music tab, but it doesnt show all the music i checked in.

i read you are working on an upgrade, when i'ts there can i upgrade mine, or do i have to buy a new one...

Do you have all of your movies and tv shows scanned into your library in xmbc or do you just access them in file/video mode?

Updates have been free in the past...but that's always grywnn's call.

- isamu.dragon - 2011-01-25

Does this handle Movie Sets?

- grywnn - 2011-01-25

Quote:just got a new ipad, it's running 4.2.1, i've got a windows PC running the latest XBMC 10.0 in Windows7, on the PC it works fine,
Like stoli said, sounds like you didn't set up your movie / music library in XBMC.
As to missing music items:
Since the music tab in XBMC Commander is strictly album based, i've got no way to represent tracks that have no album information stored with them.
I'm still trying to figure out a way to improve this though...

Quote:i read you are working on an upgrade, when i'ts there can i upgrade mine, or do i have to buy a new one...
Updates will always be free.

Quote:Might I suggest moving this and the clear cache option to a more intuitive location? Maybe the Poster/Banner in the Settings when in TV mode and the clear cache, while redundant, in Movies, TV and Music settings? Or move them to the Settings in the Apple Settings app?
You're right.
The Cache button is a leftover from the very early beginnings of coding this baby, and totally misplaced by now.
Poster/banner switch: This covers about 50% of the support i'm doing by mail Smile

Atm i'm planning to move the whole layout specific settings from system settings to the options menu, and to offer some new "sub"-layouts: "icons", "small icons" and "list" (depending on content type; icon view in playlists eg. doesn't make much sense).

- grywnn - 2011-01-25

isamu.dragon Wrote:Does this handle Movie Sets?
Ups nearly forgot that one:
Yes it does.

- delarobbie - 2011-01-25

thanks for the tips