Kodi Community Forum
XBMC Commander - Yet another unofficial third-party XBMC remote for iPad - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: XBMC Commander - Yet another unofficial third-party XBMC remote for iPad (/showthread.php?tid=81018)

- grywnn - 2011-02-20

Hidd3nFury Wrote:This is a few pages back now but I want to second this request. I would love to be able to hand my iPad to someone when I'm out of my house and have them look through my collection with info cached in order to select a movie to watch later on.

Just had a brilliant idea how to do this, will add it.

- kees667 - 2011-02-20

Thanks, just found it by accident (tapped too long). Guess I was used to the interface of XBMC remote which just listed is as a folder entry. More roads lead to Rome!

grywnn Wrote:I need to write some more documentation Smile
Tap & hold on a folder will popup a dialog to enqueue / play it recursively.

- xypus - 2011-02-21

grywnn Wrote:No idea atm, will investigate this tomorrow.

Thanks!

It worked as long as I had the paths on the htpc, but after i formated it and just added the advanced settings file they went away in commander..

- kees667 - 2011-02-21

Any chance you could show album art in file mode? I like the control file mode offers, all my folders have a folder.jpg image and this images is also embedded in every mp3.

Movie Set - dibsta - 2011-02-22

Hi Gywnn

Wondered if you could help i have 4 movie sets each with 6 movies inside 3 of the movie sets show up fine but 1 only shows 4 films

All films are showing up in XBMC Dharma

Please Help if you can

Dibsta

- grywnn - 2011-02-23

Quote:Wondered if you could help i have 4 movie sets each with 6 movies inside 3 of the movie sets show up fine but 1 only shows 4 films
You're not the first, and i think i just found the solution yesterday...
Just to be sure: Does one of the missing movies have a "&" in its title?
If yes: This could cause my XML parse to crash... easily fixed though.

If the "&" is the cause of the issue, this will be fixed in the next update - which shouldn't take long (say: ~1-2 weeks)

@all:
Todays update features selectable layouts per screen, and new layouts!
The update after that wil feature IPHONE SUPPORT!

Movie sets - dibsta - 2011-02-23

Cheers Grywnn worked a treat this was my file name (batman & robin) also this was not showing up ( batman-the dark knight) so I removed - and it picked it up straight away maybe you could look at adding this to next release cheers for your help
Dave (dibsta)

- ashlar - 2011-02-23

Hmmm... first time I notice this, honestly.

My first impression was, without meaning offense: "No way I'm gonna use something that presents XBMC content on wooden shelf".

- Kode - 2011-02-23

It's in keeping with iBooks.

- grywnn - 2011-02-23

Well maybe i should update the first post and especially the screenshots...
...because the bookshelf is only what i started with, by now there's also a plain view with gray background available to choose from, either with big icons, small icons or a list Smile
I'll post some new screens tomorrow, promise

- x-com - 2011-02-23

thanks for the update to version 1.9.3!

some things that troubled me with the new version:

- since 1.9.3 xbmc commander does autodetect if you use banners or posters for tv shows. well, it doesn't for me. Huh i use posters, but xbmc commander does show banners. and since the setting for poster/banners in xbmc commander is gone, i can't force it back to the poster view. any idea what i'm doing wrong? of course, it would be GREAT to bring back the banner/poster switch in the next update!!!!!

- since 1.9.3 some "flashing" occurs if you close dvd and cd cases. let's say you browse you video collection, open a dvd case and close the dvd case. immediately after closing the case, the last item in that row (the most right dvd case on the shelf) flashes up and for a short time you see the dvd disc symbol instead of the poster. the same thing happens with cds cases in music mode. open the picture of an artist, up comes the cds of that artist, open a cd, close this cd und the last cd on that shelf flashes up. not a big thing, but quite annoying, especially because this didn't happen in the previous version of the app. perhaps there is an issue with reloading / refreshing ?

- browsing pictures on a windows machine does work now. nice! but for almost all pictures it says that the picture is to big for preview (10mpix, 2mb). is there a filesize limit?

- after hitting the options button, the dropdown-menues don't have the right size. they're to short. after closing and opening again, they're sized correctly.

- after the update the app crashes quite often. much more often than the previous version did. Sad i couldn't encircle it yet, but it seems that handling of pictures/posters/images causes some problems.

don't get me wrong: i don't intend to criticize. i love xbmc commander so much, but unfortunately the 1.9.3 feels like a drawback to me. any improvements underway?

btw.: bookshelf view is great! please don't get rid of it!

- grywnn - 2011-02-24

x-com Wrote:- since 1.9.3 xbmc commander does autodetect if you use banners or posters for tv shows. well, it doesn't for me. Huh i use posters, but xbmc commander does show banners. and since the setting for poster/banners in xbmc commander is gone, i can't force it back to the poster view. any idea what i'm doing wrong? of course, it would be GREAT to bring back the banner/poster switch in the next update!!!!!
Basically i download the first thumbnail i get (shows are ordered by sorttitle), check whether it's landscape or not (width>height), and choose the corresponding view type accordingly.
Works flawless with all my test setups.
I could only guess atm: Since banners are the default, it could be that this thumbnail is either corrupted or some landscape picture. Could you check that?
Otherwise it should be no problem to add a switch like "force tv show posters" to the system settings, consider it done Smile

Quote:- since 1.9.3 some "flashing" occurs if you close dvd and cd cases. let's say you browse you video collection, open a dvd case and close the dvd case. immediately after closing the case, the last item in that row (the most right dvd case on the shelf) flashes up and for a short time you see the dvd disc symbol instead of the poster. the same thing happens with cds cases in music mode. open the picture of an artist, up comes the cds of that artist, open a cd, close this cd und the last cd on that shelf flashes up. not a big thing, but quite annoying, especially because this didn't happen in the previous version of the app. perhaps there is an issue with reloading / refreshing ?
This isn't new, it did before.
I'm refreshing the images after i close the detail view, since they could have been dropped on a memory warning.
Sidenote:
I've noticed that performance on the ipad can differ from day to day. I think this has something to do with how many apps are currently running, or maybe the fragmentation of the filesystem... don't know exactly.
I'm currently trying to improve thumbnail loading a lot by preloading them to memory (atm they are always loaded from "disc", which results in the slight stuttering). This will improver performance a lot, but i have to be very careful not to blow the iPads quite limited memory Smile

Quote:- browsing pictures on a windows machine does work now. nice! but for almost all pictures it says that the picture is to big for preview (10mpix, 2mb). is there a filesize limit?
The size limit is 3MB.
Consider this feature a preview, as soon as XBMC features server side image scaling (i think this is already available in svn), the size won't matter anymore.

Quote:- after hitting the options button, the dropdown-menues don't have the right size. they're to short. after closing and opening again, they're sized correctly.
That's one of those annoying last-minute-bugs, already fixed in my codebase.

Quote:- after the update the app crashes quite often. much more often than the previous version did. Sad i couldn't encircle it yet, but it seems that handling of pictures/posters/images causes some problems.
Crash logs please
(info(at)xbmc-commander.com)

Quote:don't get me wrong: i don't intend to criticize. i love xbmc commander so much, but unfortunately the 1.9.3 feels like a drawback to me. any improvements underway?
See above Smile

Quote:btw.: bookshelf view is great! please don't get rid of it!
I won't.
It's just: Either you love it, or you hate it.

You've deleted the part about offline viewing Wink
I'm walking a thin line there.
To determine that i'm offline, the connection attempt has to time out.
If i choose that timeout too short (which i did in the last version), timeouts will occur in various other places, since the requests are blocking (that is request B has to wait till request A is done). If it's too big, you'll have to wait ages for the cached date to appear.
I just had the brilliant idea to make this variable, that is take a low timeout value while disconnected, and a longer one once connected.
I'll play with that.

New fullscreen window instead of popup - GaiusOmnibus - 2011-02-24

I would prefer if the info of a choosen movie would open up a new fullscreen window , would leave room for more information + fanart just like this.

The app (HD Remote) isn't very good making more and more problems but I love this view ;-)

greetings
Omni

- thesilentype - 2011-02-24

I have the following problems:

When using xbmc command I receive timeouts every time i close and reopen the application, the only workaround to fix the timeout is to disable and re enabel my ipad's wifi. Since this fixes the problem I suppose it's not my xbmc server that's causing this issue. Any idea's? Might it be in common with the xbmc plugin virtual keyboard handling?

Xbmc commander also frequently crashes when playing DVD's.

Any ideas to what's causing my problems?

Quick and dirty idea how music view could look like - GaiusOmnibus - 2011-02-24

Made it with Gimp- no text.
Showas possible Band view.

gruß Omni