Kodi Community Forum
XBMC Commander - Yet another unofficial third-party XBMC remote for iPad - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: XBMC Commander - Yet another unofficial third-party XBMC remote for iPad (/showthread.php?tid=81018)

- danceresort - 2011-03-09

Don't suppose it would be possible to get a "marked as watched" button for tv shows and movies? Some times xbmc dosnt mark it correctly after watching or I find a movies I have seen. At the moment I have to swap to another remote to do this. Thanks again for all your hardworking!

Films not showing in commander - dibsta - 2011-03-09

Here's my update I've uninstalled Xbmc Dharma deleted all files associated with it even files from appdata roaming.
Reinstalled Xbmc added all my sources same outcome as my previous post.
Can someone please help

Once again everything shows up in Xbmc library mode I can't figure this out
Ive tried Xbmc remote app all show up in that,but xbmc commander looks better and does more in theory

Please can someone help (Grywnn)

- x-com - 2011-03-10

grywnn Wrote:Please everyone, don't confuse a remote control with a skin.
A skin, since "running" on the same machine as XBMC, can look into directories for things like landscape.jpg or banner.png and show these as thumbnails instead of the ones XBMC got scraped.
A remote control can't. I can only present what XBMC gives me as a thumbnail for a certain item via http interface.
So for XBMC Commander to show posters, XBMC itself must be set up to scrape for posters (thats somewhere in the scrapers settings), and all items must be scraped to the library using this setting (just changing it won't help).
I know this can be a pain in the a**, and as far as i know team xbmc is about to change this sooner or later, allowing posters and banners to live side by side.
But right now (apart from some skins that "hack" around this) you'll have to choose once whether you want posters or banners, set up your scraper accordingly, and build your tv show library around this setting.

Again:
XBMC Commander won't download any banners or posters for you. It will "just" display whatever xbmcs interface offers.
It won't directly access your userdata directory or anything else on your htpc.
It will cache all thumbnails and metadata on the ipad for quicker loading though.

thanks for putting out that clearly. that put some things in the right perspective.

anyway the tv-show banners or posters aren't showed correctly. sorry to repeat that over and over but it's driving me nuts, because i can't find a solution. am i the only one who's experiencing this?

the long story: if i change a banner or poster in xbmc the new picture is immediately shown in xbmc itself. xbmotec (ipad app) does show it correctly. file view in xbmc commander does show the thumbnail correctly. but the tv-show view in xbmc commander doesn't. some time ago it took my tv-show posters, sliced out a piece in the size of a banner and stuck to it. if i set the xbmc commander to banners, that slice will be displayed as banner, if i set it to poster that slice in squeezed to poster size. changing the picture in xbmc does not change the picture in the tv-show view of xbmc commander. again: seasons are scraped correctly, scraper is set prefer posters, cache in xbmc commander is cleared, reinstalled xbmc, rescraped library, reinstalled xbmc commander. nothing worked. somehow that old slices of pictures are stuck in the commander's tv-show view. again: it's displayed correctly in commander's file view. i'm helpless: Sad any idea, please?

nevertheless: great app! please keep up the good work and the dedicated support! Nod

- grywnn - 2011-03-10

Finally, back at my development machine Smile
After working through tons of stuff that piled up at work during my vacation, i now find some time to look through these posts.

@x-com:
Looking through my code, i think i found the issue.
You've got a pm.

@dibsta:
Looking at your screenshots, i notice you're using movie sets.
These are not really supported through the official interface the app is talking to XBMC with.
I had to go through hell and back to get them working at all (you'll notice that in quite a few other remotes, they're not).
I'd like to have look at the response the app is getting from XBMC. For this, please use any browser and paste the following URL:
Code:
http://*xbmcIP*:*xbmcPort*/xbmcCmds/xbmcHttp?command=queryvideodatabase(select%20*%20from%20movieview)
...replacing *xbmcIP*:*xbmcPort* with the ip / port of your server.
If you're using a password, use *user*:*pass*@*xbmcIP*:*xbmcPort* instead.
You should get a page full of movie info gibberish. Save that page (don't copy and paste, but actually choose "save as"...) and send the result to info(at)xbmc-commander.com
I'll see if i find out what makes the html parser choke again (cause thats what i think what happens)

@danceresort:
Sorry, but that's not available through the interface.
You shouldn't need to switch to another remote though, you can open the context menu for an item with the "menu" button, available on the remote control page in landscape mode.

@clipper99:
Good point with the badge colors, i think i will go for yellow / orange for the watched badge.

- clipper99 - 2011-03-10

Awesome grywnn, thanks!

Cheers

Films not showing up in Commander - dibsta - 2011-03-10

Hi Grywnn will do what you've asked im just in process of rescanning my movies with Ember Media Manager to see if thats helps will let you know
Cheers Dibsta

Films noter showing in commander - dibsta - 2011-03-12

Hi Grywnn just to let you know where i am ive deleted all my film data and rescaned all my films with EMM all the films now show up even Movie Sets
The only bug i have now not all meta is showing when i click on movie cover it flips but there is no movie data shown any ideas
Cheers Dibsta

Add ability to play on ipad - plankanater - 2011-03-14

Do you think you will add the ability to play xbmc items on the ipad?

Small request - martdj - 2011-03-14

My first post in this thread. I'll admit that I tried out XBMC Commander for free for a while, but today I actually bought it as I think it's a brilliant app and deserves support. The other reason I bought it is so I can ask for another feature without feeling like a cheapskate Wink

Next to selecting my movies with my friends, I also use XBMC Commander to listen to music without needing to switch on the TV (my media center is connected to my amp). When finished I'd like to switch my media center off which for me always means putting it in suspend mode. XBMC Commander has a shutdown command, but it brings up the shutdown menu. to select Suspend from there I have to switch on the TV. My normal remote (which I now hardly use anymore) has the "red button" programmed to take the shutdown action from the XBMC settings (System Settings-Power Savings-Shutdown function setting). Is it possible to put a button like that in XBMC Commander?

Edit:
I searched this thread a bit (probably should have done that before posting my question, but anyways) and found that AgeOfPanic apparently had the same wish and found a way to change the default shutdown behavior to this option. Any hint on how he did it (what's the command to enter)?

- grywnn - 2011-03-14

plankanater Wrote:Do you think you will add the ability to play xbmc items on the ipad?
This is one of the features that's been asked for the most, probably quite a few times in this thread too (i'm loosing track Smile )
Answer is still the same:
If at some point server side transcoding and streaming is added to XBMC, i'll add this to the app. Until the it's not possible.

Quote:My first post in this thread. I'll admit that I tried out XBMC Commander for free for a while, but today I actually bought it as I think it's a brilliant app and deserves support. The other reason I bought it is so I can ask for another feature without feeling like a cheapskate

Next to selecting my movies with my friends, I also use XBMC Commander to listen to music without needing to switch on the TV (my media center is connected to my amp). When finished I'd like to switch my media center off which for me always means putting it in suspend mode. XBMC Commander has a shutdown command, but it brings up the shutdown menu. to select Suspend from there I have to switch on the TV. My normal remote (which I now hardly use anymore) has the "red button" programmed to take the shutdown action from the XBMC settings (System Settings-Power Savings-Shutdown function setting). Is it possible to put a button like that in XBMC Commander?

Edit:
I searched this thread a bit (probably should have done that before posting my question, but anyways) and found that AgeOfPanic apparently had the same wish and found a way to change the default shutdown behavior to this option. Any hint on how he did it (what's the command to enter)?
Welcome to the not-so-dark-side Smile
You might try to add a custom button: Hit the tools icon on the commands list, and have a go at the various XBMC builtin commands. There's a ShutDown and a Powerdown for example. I haven't tested these myself but one of these might do what you're looking for.

- grywnn - 2011-03-14

dibsta Wrote:Hi Grywnn just to let you know where i am ive deleted all my film data and rescaned all my films with EMM all the films now show up even Movie Sets
The only bug i have now not all meta is showing when i click on movie cover it flips but there is no movie data shown any ideas
Cheers Dibsta

Please send me the output of the command i've posted a page back.
I think there still are some special characters in your servers responses which make the apps parser choke, and i'd like to find out which and get rid of the problem.

- martdj - 2011-03-14

grywnn Wrote:Welcome to the not-so-dark-side Smile
You might try to add a custom button: Hit the tools icon on the commands list, and have a go at the various XBMC builtin commands. There's a ShutDown and a Powerdown for example. I haven't tested these myself but one of these might do what you're looking for.

Found it. Works perfectly. Thanks!

Airplay - krijeck - 2011-03-16

Works perfect your app!
just one question ... is it possible to link the Trailer Button to the iOS internal Youtube App and not to Safari?

Then Airplay would also work! Wink

- therage79 - 2011-03-16

Morning,

Just want to say...great app, I using it with the dharma build of xbmc and it all works pretty much perfectly...exactly what I was looking for.

1 slight issue I have noticed though, is sometimes when the app is in landscape mode all I can do is load to the remote screen and when I press any of the other buttons/paths e.g. Music, TV etc. it crashes back to the home screen (of the ipad). This will happen everytime until I change the orientation to portrait, which seems to stop it.

I have re-installed app (version 1.8) etc. and the issue remains...any thoughts?

- grywnn - 2011-03-16

krijeck Wrote:Works perfect your app!
just one question ... is it possible to link the Trailer Button to the iOS internal Youtube App and not to Safari?

Then Airplay would also work! Wink

Unfortunately, it isn't Sad
YouTube only opens when linking to a single clip.
Since i have to link to a search page, it's safari that jumps in...
That's not my choice, but the way iOS behaves.

I'd have to use youtubes api and do the search within the app, then link to the first result or display the results within the app. While this is theoretically possible (thought about it when adding the youtube link), i haven't found it to be worth the effort yet.