Kodi Community Forum
XBMC Commander - Yet another unofficial third-party XBMC remote for iPad - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: XBMC Commander - Yet another unofficial third-party XBMC remote for iPad (/showthread.php?tid=81018)

- clipper99 - 2011-04-26

Grywnn, I've reverted back to the official 10.1 and all is back to normal. I'll run the nightly builds seperately just to satisfy my bleeding edge curiosity.

Cheers

- Tossik - 2011-04-27

Hi there, I have an issue of the commander not connecting to xbmc like 90% of the time.. It's just says connecting and nothing happens. Or just says disconnected.. The way I fix it is by going to setting on the commander and change the port from 80 to 8080 then back and sometimes it connects and sometimes it does nothing.. Am I doing something wrong? Does it have a specific port it needs to be on? Thanks!

- BruceH - 2011-04-28

grywnn Wrote:@BruceH, considering movie set thumbnails:
I'm doing a VideoLibrary.getMovies, and take the thumbnails that i get in the response. The command looks something like this:
Code:
{"jsonrpc": "2.0", "method": "VideoLibrary.GetMovies", "id": "1"}
pre-svn should return thumbnails by default, so look for your sets in the response and see if they got a "thumbnail": item.

I used the chrome REST plugin to send this command.
For a "normal" movie (not a set), I get:

Code:
"fanart" : "special://masterprofile/Thumbnails/Video/Fanart/f59cbb18.tbn",
            "file" : "smb://STORAGE/media/Videos/!Kids DVDs/Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.mkv",
            "label" : "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory",
            "movieid" : 5,
            "thumbnail" : "special://masterprofile/Thumbnails/Video/f/f59cbb18.tbn"

For a set, I get:

Code:
"fanart" : "special://masterprofile/Thumbnails/Video/Fanart/ffffffff.tbn",
            "file" : "videodb://1/7/36/",
            "label" : "Terminator"

In the XBMC client, the movie set does have an assigned thumbnail.
Any idea why it's not coming through in the JSON?

Thanks,
Bruce.

- Drol - 2011-04-30

grywnn Wrote:Hi everyone.
Still on vacation...

Vacation is an opportunity to work on the remote Smile

grywnn Wrote:I've heard about the stop button a few times now, i'll check this when i'm home.

I have this same problem.

grywnn Wrote:Yep i thing i'm just displaying artist - track up there. You're right, i should add some more info.

Thanks. I figure adding Album name can't be that much of a hassle.

Also when playing YouTube video remote screen displays last played Album art or Video cover next to progress slider. Its nothing critical but you can either display YouTube logo or screencap of the currently playing YouTube video.

Can YouTube search display more results then it does now?

- x23piracy - 2011-04-30

Hi,

with a big library it's hard to navigate through all the content without an alphabetic sliderbar/jumpbar, can this be implemented?

Something like that:

Greetz X23

- Metsadah - 2011-04-30

I downloaded the lite version on my iphone and I find it as usefull as it's big brother that I used on an ipad a while ago. Especcially the youtube thing is extremely handy, finally a way to search fast on youtube.

I have a few complains though, the area for gestures doesnt work. Also the shortcuts for menu etc dont work. This makes it unusable as a replacement for my harmony. Has this anything to do with me installing the drivers for the harmony remote (since my apple remote doesnt work as well). I know its probably that, but how can I configure xbmc to work with both?

- ihjones - 2011-05-01

grywnn Wrote:@ihjones:
Hard to debug without detailed insight to your systems / libraries.
Missing items are usually related to exotic caracter encodings that make the jSON parser choke and stop parsing. Duplicate items i haven't heard of yet though.
Please check if everything is looking fine on XBMCs web interface, to rule out any errors on the servers side.

What do you need please?? as for the web interface, haven't yet been able to get it up and running.... Sad

- Tossik - 2011-05-01

I updated to 2.0.3 and I have sources perfectly set, but on the commander it is not showing anything... Any help please? Do I need to change to port to something different? Plz help..

Thanks

Deleted items on xbmc server still displayed by Commander? - neoliv - 2011-05-02

I've tried to read as much of this thread as possible but there is quite a lot of historySmile

Context:

xbmc 2:10.1-ppa1-lucid
running on an Ubintu 10.04.2

Commander is on an iPad2 (4.3.2)

My problem:

When movies are deleted on the server (and no more visible when I browse files on the server side via xbmc) they still appear on the commander client.
I tried the circle-arrow thingy left of the "search" box but it just empties my view so I guess this is not the manual "refresh/reload" I'm looking for?

Clearing the cache does not work either.
Restarting Commander ... no more luck.

Any idea? I may be missing something obvious so feel free to bash my head on walls if need be Smile

Thank you for this very nice app (one of the very few I'm happy to have paid for).

Olivier

- lndiana - 2011-05-02

Hi,

Very beautifull App and nice job : bravo!
I had just one problems with it : when I setup xbmc to launch a playlist on startup (with Confluence or Transparency), Xbmc was very slow to respond to Xbmc Commander's commands and not all actions are launched.
Can someone test it?
Maybe a interraction with a python script?

Thank you for this wonderful App.
I had test it and have some ideas to improve it (and 1 or 2 small bugs).
I would pleased to tell you if you want.

Franck

- Phuqz - 2011-05-03

@neoliv

I had the same problem, to get round it I removed the XBMC settings in the remote options and created a new entry to the same XBMC machine. This then downloaded everything fresh.

- neoliv - 2011-05-04

Thx Phuqz
But this not an option. Every time I watch and delete a movie I would have to delete/recreate the xbmc server entry in XBMC Commander?
Come on Smile I guess there is a "right way"™ to do that... or else this is not the app I was hopping for.

Olivier

BTW: it seems it worked the first time but not later on (deletre/recreate to have a fresh view of the server files)

- grywnn - 2011-05-04

Hi there,

I'm back!
And finally find the time to go through the posts here, and answer the mails that stacked in my time off.

I've broken my ankle during my vacation, so i guess i'll be up for a lot of time to fix & improve things in the next 6 weeks Smile

@Phuqz / neoliv:
I've implemented a way to autodetect when items are added to your libraries, but no way to detect the deleting of items.
If you're running commander on an iPad, you can force reload the lists by hitting the small reload button next to the search field in the options menu.
I just noticed that i forgot to add this button to the iPhon variants. I'll fix that asap.
(Note: This buttons sometimes doesn't work as expected. It's on my list of things to review.)
Completely shutting down the app (double press home button; long press an app untill they go wibbley wobbley; stop commander) and restarting it again should refresh your lists too.

@neoliv:
Stupid question: Did you just delete the movies from your hard disc? If so, they might still be present in your xbmcs library. Check if you can still see them when browsing xbmc in library mode.

@Indiana:
Remote control actions are send as UDP Packets, that is launch and forget. My guess would be that your XBMC server is somewhat busy on startup and drops a few of these.

@Tossik:
Changing the port would be the first thing that crosses my mind.
XBMCs default port 80 (on Windows) isn't such a good choice in my opinion, since it is usually reserved for full fledged webservers and will easily collide if you're running -eg- an apache parallel to xbmc.
Try switching to port 8080 both in xbmcs system settings and in xbmc commander.

@Ihjones:
The webinterface not running hints to something wrong with your xbmc setup. Might be your libraries aren't set up correctly. What are you seeing in XBMC when you switch to library mode?

@Medsadah:
Sounds like XBMCs event server isn't properly set up. Check out the troubleshooting page on http://www.xbmc-commander.com

@x23piracy:
I've got a jumpbar cooking, but so far i'm not very content with the representation. Having problems when sorting by year for example, the bar get awful big when displaying 4-digit numbers Smile
But i'm working on it.

@Drol:
YouTube will be improved, what you have now was just a first quick shot that i wanted to share before my vacation.

@BruceH:
No idea. I dont think it's a xbmc bug, since movie sets are working fine with my own test setup. But since tehy aren't present in the JSON response, there's obviously something wrong on XBMCs end.

EVERYONE WITH UNRESOLVED ISSUES / UNANSWERED QUESTIONS:
Please raise a virtual hand here. I've lost track of this forum a little in the last 2 1/2 weeks Smile

- lndiana - 2011-05-04

Hi Grywnn,

Sorry about your ankle.
Fortunately, this is not the wrist! Wink

grywnn Wrote:Remote control actions are send as UDP Packets, that is launch and forget. My guess would be that your XBMC server is somewhat busy on startup and drops a few of these.
Maybe, but it's not only on startup and it lasts until I run manually a track or run a random mix.

- ralob - 2011-05-04

I just won an Ipad 2 last week and thought of controlling XBMC as soon as I got it. This looks like one helluva app to do so. As soon as nightly support is reinstated, I am definitely going to buy it. Excellent work, grywnn.