Kodi Community Forum
XBMC Commander - Yet another unofficial third-party XBMC remote for iPad - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: XBMC Commander - Yet another unofficial third-party XBMC remote for iPad (/showthread.php?tid=81018)

- grywnn - 2011-05-04

@ralup
since 2.0.3 nightlies are working 95%.
Forgot to update the first post of this thread - done now Smile

@lndiana:
Sounds like a xbmc issue to me. I'll try to reproduce it.

- Scidd0w - 2011-05-04

grywnn;

Thank you for this great application.
I really like the simple way you can add new commands. Now I have subtitle searching and next audio language one click away! Smile

- ralob - 2011-05-04

Hmmm, just got the app, and it looks great. Unfortunately, when I press play on a tv-show, nothing happens. I am running XBMC nightlies. I can see my library, just not do anything with it.

- grywnn - 2011-05-04

@ralob:
Grmlbpf this was still working when i left for vacation...
Will be fixed in the next update, sorry for that.

- lndiana - 2011-05-04

2 others little bugs I discover :
When you go from playlist to remote then to playlist : it crash the App.
And sometimes, the App loozes the sort I select for music and goes to "by artists grouped".
Maybe could you add volume control in playlist mode?
And for the end : There is no highlight or "on touch" effects on the Party button. So when you press it, you have no visual return. It could be disappointing.

My 2 cents. Smile

Franck

- x23piracy - 2011-05-04

Hi,

feature request:

- Is it possible to implement a search like spotlight?
- What about an alphabetical slider? You may have overlooked:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=786278&postcount=830

Greetz X23

- Mathazar - 2011-05-04

Hi grywnn - welcome back! I'm having a small issue with cached metadata when disconnected from my network.

Windows 7
XBMC 10.1 Dharma
Commander 2.0
iPad2 4.3.2

Commander works great when my iPad is connected to my home network - no issues there with control of XBMC or displaying library contents. I set Commander to cache everything (300+ movies, 900+ TV episodes, and thousands of MP3 albums). All looks great while connected to the network. When I look at my Commander XBMC library contents offline, like when I'm at work showing someone what's all on my HTPC at home, Fan Art is missing for about 80% of the movies in the library (generic thumbs are being shown instead). Here is some other data:
  • All Fan Art for TV Shows is displayed while off the network
  • Thumbnails, Small Thumbnails, List, and Bookshelf art work all display fine for Movies, TV Shows, and Music while off the network
  • The missing Fan Art for Movies reappears when my iPad is reconnected to the network
  • I've tried "download all data" for caching a few times in case it "missed" anything during previous attempts.

Summary: Movies always seem only about 20% populated for Fan Art when disconnected from the network yet TV Shows are 100% populated for Fan Art. Any ideas?

Thanx!
Kris

- Montevideo - 2011-05-04

grywnn Wrote:EVERYONE WITH UNRESOLVED ISSUES / UNANSWERED QUESTIONS:
Please raise a virtual hand here. I've lost track of this forum a little in the last 2 1/2 weeks Smile

Sorry to hear about your ankle...

I posted a crashlog relating to my woes with the music aspect of Commander (stuff that is in the XBMC library not showing up, and when you try to 'play album' it quits the app).

If you could have a look that would be great.

Feature requests - GaiusOmnibus - 2011-05-05

-Smaller Fanart display. At least on my iPad the fanart is not show in original Aspect Ratio in 16:9 u see that parts of the pictures are missing at the sides,
i think heiner should kkep the original ratio and this would also leave more room to make cover art a bit bigger.

- Support for Apple Movie trailers plugin to be able to browse and start the trailer from iPad.

greetings
Omni

- grywnn - 2011-05-05

@GaiusOmnibus
Fanart display: Image size is optimized for landscape mode; but i'm guessing most of you don't use that anyway (i don't), so i might do something about it.
Apple Trailers: I might run into problems with these, since there is no public api to access the trailers. I'm pretty sure apple will reject the app once it lists their own trailers in some sort of way.

@Montevideo
Fixed the crash, but i'm still trying to figure out why items are missing.

@Mathazar
This is *kind of* by design.
I'm storing fanart in the "official" temporary folder of the iPad, which is organized and purged by the OS. All other stuff is stored in a permanent cache within the app.
The intention was to keep the cache small, since fanart will increase it a great deal.
Also, fanart isn't downloaded when pre-caching, since at the time of implementing it i thought of it as "a little extra feature".
I'll have to rethink the caching mechanism a little, and do some size calculations.
I guess i'll add a button for fanart caching, a button for cleaning up the cache (that is removing non up to date items), and maybe some info about cache size.

@x23
Both features are planned.

@Indiana:
Playlist crashes sometimes on changes, must have something to do with bad timing. Hard to debug, but i'm already on it.
Don't know why sort ordering is lost, but that's also already on my list.
The volume slider shouldn't be a problem, although i don't know yet where to place it in the iPhone version. Maybe i'll simply drop it there.
Highlight: I think i just got some colors wrong there, since the highlight effect is there when using bookshelf style layouts.

- x23piracy - 2011-05-05

Hi,

grywnn Wrote:@x23
Both features are planned.

im glad to see that you are working on it Smile Thank you

Greetz X23

- grywnn - 2011-05-05

...just don't expect them too soon, i've got quite a couple of small fixes/improvements that i want to push out first.

- x23piracy - 2011-05-05

Hi,

grywnn Wrote:...just don't expect them too soon, i've got quite a couple of small fixes/improvements that i want to push out first.

the main intention was to push this on the list Smile
If it not takes a year im pleased...

Greetz X23

- lndiana - 2011-05-05

I just discover the Fanart view : Woohh.. What a nice work!!
I aggree with x23piracy : it could be nice if the Fanarts will be cached too.

Ontoerh one for the wish list - waltermalter - 2011-05-06

Glad to read that you're working on the crashes. I still face plenty of crashes, mostly when in the music library. So looking forward to test the next build Big Grin

Here's one for the wish list:

Particular for the music library I'd love to see a "Last played albums" sorting. XBMC itself offers a sorting like that - at least for their monitor front end. Can't tell about the JSon-Interface ..

Regarding JSON: Any news about a full text search? Still hopeing to be able to search for a particular song in my hole library....

Cheers,
Walter