Kodi Community Forum
XBMC Commander - Yet another unofficial third-party XBMC remote for iPad - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: XBMC Commander - Yet another unofficial third-party XBMC remote for iPad (/showthread.php?tid=81018)

- grywnn - 2011-06-23

@sho
there is

- sho - 2011-06-23

If implemented would it allow a dialog similar to the GUI, resume or start from beginning?

- grywnn - 2011-06-23

Yeah,
i could check if a position > 0:00 is returned by xbmc. If so, i could present a dialog and tell xbmc to jump to that position if desired.

- Synes - 2011-06-25

Just bought the app. Great little app so far, but I can't seem to get the controls working in the left menu of the remote (full screen, subtitles,...). All of the other gestures are working however...Firewall settings are ok, I enabled aTV workaround, so I don't know what I'm doing wrong. Can someone help me out ? Thanks !

- jackmeehan - 2011-06-26

A suggestion:

Have a different view type for landscape and portrait mode. I like both the list and fanart views for tv shows but find it irritating to switch between the two. It would be amazing to be able to just turn the iPad to switch between the two.

- jackmeehan - 2011-06-26

Also, a bug:

Steps to reproduce
  1. Search for a movie
  2. Tap a movie
  • Keyboard remains in place, requiring user to manually press hide keyboard button.

- grywnn - 2011-06-26

@jackmeehan:
switching view modes - i won't be able to do this "smooth", sinc i'd have to reload all items . And i think it would be a little confusing for the first time user. But i'll think about it.
The bug is an easy fix.

@Synes:
Do you have a custom keyboard layout in your keyboard.xml? Because the app is sending keypresses like "i" for info or "tab" for fullscreen.
BTW the commands for scanning library contents changed in nightlies a few days ago, rendering these two buttons unusable (very recent nightlies only))

- jackmeehan - 2011-06-27

grywnn Wrote:@jackmeehan:
switching view modes - i won't be able to do this "smooth", sinc i'd have to reload all items . And i think it would be a little confusing for the first time user. But i'll think about it.

You're right. Maybe it could be an option that is disabled by default? Or when a view mode is selected the user is asked if they would like to apply that to landscape or portrait mode or both.

I realise that I have been suggesting a lot of features, sorry about that! I just love the app and wanted to throw a few ideas out there.

- yallah - 2011-06-27

grywnn Wrote:@yallah:
Not sure i get you right:
Powering up a tv isn't posible, since you can't send infrared signals with the ipad - unless you have some kind of ir dongle, which would the require an extra software.
If you're talking about controlling multiple xbmc installations: That's no problem, you can add multiple servers and switch between them. You can't control both simultaneously though.

Thx but i try to swap between 2 different server but i find command also from first server in your application when i m logged in second server :/

- grywnn - 2011-06-28

Finally i see the problem Smile
Yeah, the remote control menu is global, not per server.
My intention was that you'd probably want the same commands on all your installations.
Doesn't make that much sense with the generic commands though.
I'll have to redo the whole menu soon to make it compatible with the iphone version, i'll keep this in mind. Maybe a checkbox to make a command per server / globally available.

@jackmeeham
I'm not keeping track of who proposes what, and all suggestions are always welcome!
I've took a note for landscape views, gonna play with it when i find the time.

- yallah - 2011-06-30

ohoh thx....

I'm still waiting Smile

Not working for 80% of movies? - oarthus - 2011-07-01

Hello

I'm using xbmc commander with iPad1 and ATV2 (version 10.0.9).

The only problem I have so far is that movie info (fan art, summary, title...) is only showing up for 20% of my movies. For 80% nothing is displayed it stays blank. This info exists on the ATV2 itself.
Any idea what could be wrong?

Thanks

- dibsta - 2011-07-02

I think your issue is in your setup since your having same problem with Soulmote

Hello

I'm using Soulmote with iPad and ATV2. I really like the simple set up as it detects the xbmc servers automatically.
The only problem I have so far is that movie info (fan art, summary, title...) is only showing up for 20% of my movies. For 80% nothing is displayed it stays blank. This info exists on the ATV2 itself.

Thanks

- oarthus - 2011-07-03

dibsta Wrote:I think your issue is in your setup since your having same problem with Soulmote

Hello

I'm using Soulmote with iPad and ATV2. I really like the simple set up as it detects the xbmc servers automatically.

Thanks

Correct I have the same issue with another software.
What could be wrong in the set up as all is fine in xbmc on ATV2
Which set up are you talking about?

Thanks

- dibsta - 2011-07-04

have you enabled ATV2 workaround in settings