Kodi Community Forum
XBMC Commander - Yet another unofficial third-party XBMC remote for iPad - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: XBMC Commander - Yet another unofficial third-party XBMC remote for iPad (/showthread.php?tid=81018)

- User 98387 - 2011-07-23

Hi, i'm new to xbmc and to the commander.
I tested a bit around and have a few questions about handling.

How can i change the subtitles / audio tracks during play?
I notice a subtitle control, but it only enables or disables a selected subtitle track.

Thanks for your reply.

Edit: Found it, great Software. Would be nice if Control Buttons (Play / Rewind....) are even configurable...

- AgeOfPanic - 2011-07-27

After being a very happy user of your app for a while, I decided to switch to an Android tablet. I know there is an official XBMC remote for Android and they are working on tablet support too, but it felt to me this app was way ahead of them. Any plans to expand this app into Android?

- meridius - 2011-07-27

Whats happened to grywnn ? Has this app been stoped been improved at all.

Is there any way to wake up the pc from sleep mode using this app at all and if u can how ?

Thanks

Great app

- zepfan - 2011-07-27

meridius Wrote:Is there any way to wake up the pc from sleep mode using this app at all and if u can how ?

Yes, You need to have wake on lan enabled, and it needs to be a wired connection. You will need to put the MAC address in the field under host settings.

- francescob - 2011-07-28

am i the only one having trouble with the latest xbmc nightly builds?
The app seems to connect, but it can't interact with xbmc and after a few seconds it disconnects.
Everything was fine since a week ago (approximately)

- zepfan - 2011-07-28

francescob Wrote:am i the only one having trouble with the latest xbmc nightly builds?
The app seems to connect, but it can't interact with xbmc and after a few seconds it disconnects.
Everything was fine since a week ago (approximately)

Last I had heard, the JSON commands are breaking on and off with nightly builds. If you want stable, don't run them!

- meridius - 2011-07-28

Thanks for that. Another question can u setup an option on xbmc commander to be able to switch audio devices ? Say have audio out of hdmi then u hit a button on the command remote to change the audio out to optical and vice versa is this possable as it's a pain to keep going to the settings and changing it

Cheers

- zepfan - 2011-07-29

meridius Wrote:Thanks for that. Another question can u setup an option on xbmc commander to be able to switch audio devices ? Say have audio out of hdmi then u hit a button on the command remote to change the audio out to optical and vice versa is this possable as it's a pain to keep going to the settings and changing it

Cheers

I'd imagine you could set up a script for that. Try asking in the subforum for your os. Once you have it, you can add <f12>RunScript(script.xxx)</f12> and the f12 button on your keyboard can run that script. Then you can make a button on the side of the app, and call it, Change audio or whatever, and set the button to the corresponding function key that you had set.

Hope that helps!

- meridius - 2011-07-30

There seems to be a small bug in that when the pc is in sleep mode and u open the app the onscreen display sometimes does not show the wake up button

- meridius - 2011-07-31

Removed as I sorted the problem myself

- d1910 - 2011-08-01

meridius Wrote:Removed as I sorted the problem myself

How did you fix it? I'm having the same problem. It works most of the time but it takes around 10-15 seconds before it switch over to the "wake up xbmc" button.

On rare occasions Commander doesn't even switch over to that and I have to kill the app and reload it to get the button to appear.

Thanks

- meridius - 2011-08-01

Sorry I still have that problem thought I had fixes it by deleting te app reinstalling it, seemed to work but it has not as it's still doing it.

Just hope this project is not dead as the developer has not been seen in ages

- mulb - 2011-08-01

Hello,

I'm new to commander, and I'm searching how to launch my playlists?
I mean the ones in XBMC directory
/.xbmc/userdata/playlists/

I'm using those to play internet radio, where I just put the flow address in the .m3u file.

That would be nice to see them.

Regards
Mulb

- smil3y - 2011-08-02

Hi,

great App.

Is it planned to include "TV functionality" (to switch channels with press on tv logos (cached logos from xbmc, like movie posters etc?), view EPG on ipad, plan to record a show/movie inside of EPG menu...) before XBMC will support PVR/Live TV officially?

Kind regards
smil3y

- meridius - 2011-08-03

Found a couple of bugs

1. The iPad will somtimes go nuts when using the swip remote option as it will just go loopy on the screen like it auto swiping through the menus

2. Same as above but will lock the commander app up and will not connect, even force closing the app down and restarting pc still does not fix it and also will cause the app to lock up on the iPhone I'd I open it in this state you have to turn the power off the iPad and iPhone to do a proper reset as it must be sending somthing all the time een if the pc is off the app just hangs does not even tell u there's no device.

Cheers