Kodi Community Forum
XBMC Commander - Yet another unofficial third-party XBMC remote for iPad - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: XBMC Commander - Yet another unofficial third-party XBMC remote for iPad (/showthread.php?tid=81018)

- meridius - 2011-08-05

Can anyone tell me how to get the banner views working on commander as I have set the skin up on xbmc to use banners and for some reason I can not delete the banner pictures on commander as there sqashed poster views. I have tried to delete the cache bit it's not working.

The views are setup right on xbmc and have banner picture on the skin as everything looks perfect but I can not delete the poster pics in tv shows view

Any ideas

Thanks

- meridius - 2011-08-06

meridius Wrote:Can anyone tell me how to get the banner views working on commander as I have set the skin up on xbmc to use banners and for some reason I can not delete the banner pictures on commander as there sqashed poster views. I have tried to delete the cache bit it's not working.

The views are setup right on xbmc and have banner picture on the skin as everything looks perfect but I can not delete the poster pics in tv shows view

Any ideas

Thanks

anyone help on this

- isamu.dragon - 2011-08-06

are your banners saved as folder.jpg or banner.jpg?

If folder.jpg, it should be automatically, but to auto select go into settings on the iPad and set the config for commander to banners.

If banner.jpg, then your S.O.L. (S**t Outta Luck) and J.W.F (Jolly Well F****d).

- meridius - 2011-08-06

isamu.dragon Wrote:are your banners saved as folder.jpg or banner.jpg?

If folder.jpg, it should be automatically, but to auto select go into settings on the iPad and set the config for commander to banners.

If banner.jpg, then your S.O.L. (S**t Outta Luck) and J.W.F (Jolly Well F****d).

thanks for the help but you are not right as i have fixed the problem.

i have in my folder

Folder.jpg
poster.jpg
banner.jpg

the folder.jpg can be used in xbmc if you pick it for poster view but its normaly used for making your windows desktop folders look like it has covers.

Poster.jpg is used for poster view in xbmc and for info view when you press i

banner.jpg is used for the banners in xbmc

now there is an option in xbmc to let you use posters instead of banners in xbmc as some people have there banners named as posters and this makes it easier to use instead of trying to rename posters to banners when you add tv shows to your library.

the problem is that i did not use the banners.jpg when i picked the tv shows picture when i created my library, I used posters.jpg picture instead which is a dvd size cover and not a banner size cover which is fine if your not going to use banners which i did for a few weeks but then decided i wanted to use banners view.

The problem with that is when you use a program such as commander it will use the poster.jpg for its banners which xbmc has cached in its own folder as it never uses the picture from the main folder you picked it from as it always creates a cache of them pictures so this is no good as it will stretch the picture and will not fit the banners view in commander but for posters view it will work great.

So when you hit i for info button xbmc uses the poster.jpg for the larger info screen from your tv shows folder as if you had posters instead of banners selected it would just use the posters.jpg or folder.jpg for the info screen so one picture would do both. If you do not have it selected it would just show a blank with no picture in the info screen as you would need a poster.jpg in the folder to use it.

you have to select a banner.jpg when selecting the tv show cover art and deselect use posters instead of banners as you want to use banners.jpg, but if you dont have banners.jpg but have banner pictures named as posters.jpg you need to select use posters instead of banners so that you dont ahve to rename all your posters to banners.

the problem is that there is a bug in xbmc commander as when you clear the cache it works on movies but not on tv show banners which i hope will get fixed so if like me you lloaded up commander when u used poster view it will use them instead for banner view and will not work and your buggerd.

but theres hope the only way to get it to work right is to uninstall xbmc commander from the iphone or ipad and reinstall it but making sure you have corrected your tv show library first before loading xbmc commander and once you do that all the banners load up right which i have done.

its all working now so i thought i would post this just in case others need help.

just a recap

for banners view have

banner.jpg
poster.jpg same pic as folder
folder.jpg same pic as poster

turn off use posters instead of banners

pick the banner.jpg for banners view

load a fresh install of xbmc commander and select force banners in options and then select the tv show button and it show get the banners.

for tv show poster view have

poster.jpg same pic as folder
folder.jpg same pic as poster

pick the poster.jpg for poster view

load a fresh install of xbmc commander and select force posters in options and then select the tv show button and it show get the poster view.

as i have siad there is a bug in teh clear cache for tv shows so the only option is to uninstall and reinstall but pick a view and keep with it or you have to do this all the time

hope this helps

New bug w/ svn - Playlist for file mode - Robikonobi - 2011-08-07

With the latest svn, it appears that xbmc commander is not fully working with file mode. Specifically when enqueuing videos using file mode, it no longer shows up on the playlist menu on xbmc commander. Trying to skip ahead to next video on the playlist will also stop xbmc itself. Has anyone else encounter this problem?

- espengaasemyr - 2011-08-08

Possible to have pesudotv support? Whould be awsome to have the tv guide on the iPadWink

- meridius - 2011-08-08

Dont know what's happened to the developer but he has not been on for 6 weeks don't know if this app has stoped been developed for.

Shame.

- zepfan - 2011-08-09

meridius Wrote:Dont know what's happened to the developer but he has not been on for 6 weeks don't know if this app has stoped been developed for.

Shame.

He could be on vacation or could be having family issues. 6 weeks really isn't that long.

- Rafiki - 2011-08-10

Is anyone else having problems connecting to their media center? I updated to the latest version of MQ2 last night and ever since then commander has not been able to connect saying "Authentication needed".

I have made sure that "allow programs on other systems to contol xbmc" in network settings has been selected.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

- Slipx - 2011-08-11

Heiner is fine, just busy with work. Looks like the next update may only be once IOS 5 is released.

- peter_rjs - 2011-08-11

Slipx Wrote:Heiner is fine, just busy with work. Looks like the next update may only be once IOS 5 is released.

That's great to hear! (Was worried something bad had happened).

For my requirements (mainly music) this is still the best XBMC app by a long way.

- shadowfighter - 2011-08-12

Rafiki Wrote:Is anyone else having problems connecting to their media center? I updated to the latest version of MQ2 last night and ever since then commander has not been able to connect saying "Authentication needed".

I have made sure that "allow programs on other systems to contol xbmc" in network settings has been selected.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Please only request support if issues with Dharma version. Anything else is not officially supported. Eden is not released Smile

- meridius - 2011-08-21

I all just wanted some advice.

If you have 2 accounts setup on xbmc and both accounts have different movies how would that work with the xbmc commander ? when you switch profiles would the profile change on the xbmc commander to the other movie cache set ?

can you have 2 profiles on the ipad or would it just joing both accounts together and show both movie sets

thanks

- phyrros1 - 2011-08-21

Slipx Wrote:Heiner is fine, just busy with work. Looks like the next update may only be once IOS 5 is released.

I am starting to get worried. No posts from him since end of June. In the past he even gave notice before going on vacation and now he went AWOL all of a sudden.
I really hope everything is ok and that he can continue supporting this gem of an app. I can't imagine not being able to use it anymore should it become incompatible with future iOS or XBMC versions.

Please Heiner - give us a peep...

Worried in Berlin

- meridius - 2011-08-22

Try sending him an email on his website and ask him to post in here to let us know if everything is going well if he has stopped this program I would like to know.