Kodi Community Forum
XBMC Commander - Yet another unofficial third-party XBMC remote for iPad - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: XBMC Commander - Yet another unofficial third-party XBMC remote for iPad (/showthread.php?tid=81018)

- akhlaq768 - 2011-09-13

after a quick google/youtube search i've tried to set the htpc to have a static ip address...

after getting the details from ipconfig and entering them into the properties of lan network under ipv4 or something... but trying numerous times. i still couldn't access to the internet!!!

what am i doing wrong... so i gave up and removed the details entered and resorted back to the default option...

what should i do now?

- trdmlc - 2011-09-13

akhlaq768 Wrote:after a quick google/youtube search i've tried to set the htpc to have a static ip address...

after getting the details from ipconfig and entering them into the properties of lan network under ipv4 or something... but trying numerous times. i still couldn't access to the internet!!!

what am i doing wrong... so i gave up and removed the details entered and resorted back to the default option...

what should i do now?

1. If you are now able to connect to the internet, do the following:
  2. Go to Start > Run
  3. Type CMD to bring up a command prompt
  4. At the prompt, type ipconfig /all
  5. write down the following info: IP Address, Subnet Mask, Gateway address, and the DNS servers (there will probably be 2 of these)
  6. Now you can close the command window and go to your network adapter properties
  7. Select an IP address in the same range as the one you wrote down. In other words, if your IP is 192.168.1.2, then assign yourself the address 192.168.1.50.
  8. Enter the remaining info exactly as you had written down (subnet, gateway,DNS)
  9. Close the properties, give it a second and try to connect.

- waltermalter - 2011-09-15

SanderBroek Wrote:The thing i really miss in Commander, is editing playlist. Now you only can add tracks, not delete them or save a playlists.

It's true, you can't change the order nor can you save the playlist ...

but you can delete single items (tracks) from the playlist.

Just swipe with one finger from right to left on the item you wish to delete and you'll get a DELETE button on the right hand side of the item - tap it and the item is deleted from your playlist

Cheers,
Walter

- grywnn - 2011-09-16

BTW this is not because i don't want playlists to work comfortably, but because this is about all that i can do atm through the JSON API.
Playlist support in XBMC is really crappy when you start looking at the details...
But this is somewhere on the XBMC roadmap, i think for v12. v11 (aka Eden) will offer support for reordering.

- meridius - 2011-09-17

any new updates mate ?

- jakjak - 2011-09-17

I love the Program - i can't wait for a update ^^

- grywnn - 2011-09-19

OK folks, i'm officially going crazy.
I'm about to finish adapting to the latest changes in JSON namespace and had a look at the corresponding post to check something - only to discover that there have been more changes yesterday.
Quite fundamental ones too.
Unfortunately this will delay the next update a little more, since i have to go for these changes, too.

Swipes not working - seth.feinberg - 2011-09-20

I'm sorry if this is already in this thread somewhere (I searched, I swear!) but I recently uploaded (?) a custom keymap for my ATV2 to take better advantage of the extra buttons my Harmony remote offers. All that is working great but now my XBMC Commander doesn't work correctly. I can still single tap to select and double tap to go back but cannot navigate the menus by swiping. I did not change any of the Global Values (I don't think, heres my joystick.AppleRemote.xml for good measure http://pastebin.com/fTeaSzhG). Commander still works great with my HTPC but I'd like its full functionality back in my bedroom. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

P.S. Swipes still work for the native Apple iPhone remote. as in when I swipe it moves the highlight to the next option...

- chander - 2011-09-20

grywnn Wrote:OK folks, i'm officially going crazy.
I'm about to finish adapting to the latest changes in JSON namespace and had a look at the corresponding post to check something - only to discover that there have been more changes yesterday.
Quite fundamental ones too.
Unfortunately this will delay the next update a little more, since i have to go for these changes, too.

Keep up the good work! XBMC Commander is the best remote app i've seen on iPad!

- trdmlc - 2011-09-20

seth.feinberg Wrote:I'm sorry if this is already in this thread somewhere (I searched, I swear!) but I recently uploaded (?) a custom keymap for my ATV2 to take better advantage of the extra buttons my Harmony remote offers. All that is working great but now my XBMC Commander doesn't work correctly. I can still single tap to select and double tap to go back but cannot navigate the menus by swiping. I did not change any of the Global Values (I don't think, heres my joystick.AppleRemote.xml for good measure http://pastebin.com/fTeaSzhG). Commander still works great with my HTPC but I'd like its full functionality back in my bedroom. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

P.S. Swipes still work for the native Apple iPhone remote. as in when I swipe it moves the highlight to the next option...

Post #1067 in this thread has instructions for this workaround. You need to update (or create) your keyboard.xml file.

- seth.feinberg - 2011-09-21

grywnn Wrote:*beep*

sorry for the long silence.
As some of you suggested, i've been quite busy on my job for the last months.
This didn't mean that i dropped XBMC Commander though.
Since the current version is running pretty stable and near bugfree, i decided to rip appart the core of the project, and implement a totally different caching mechanism (database driven). For this i adapted a iOS framework called core data, learning how to work with it btw.
Well, after two months of struggling with core data i've got something up and running that is running somehow, but far from stable.
And every problem i fix seems to give birth to two more...
I'm very seriously considering dropping back to the version i forked from about 2 months ago, and start adding features again instead of improving the base.

BTW there is a "bug" in recent nightlies, preventing gestures from working:
Turns out the keycodes i used for up/down/left/right (found them by trial and error) have been fixed in XBMCs codebase.
I'll adapt to this asap.
For now, there's a workaround:
Add the following to your keyboard.xml

Code:
<keymap>
<global>
<keyboard>
<!-- XBMC Commander fix -->
<ampersand>Up</ampersand>
<leftbracket>Down</leftbracket>
<percent>Left</percent>
<quote>Right</quote>
</keyboard>
</global>
<FullscreenVideo>
<keyboard>
<!-- XBMC Commander fix -->
<ampersand>BigStepForward</ampersand>
<leftbracket>BigStepBack</leftbracket>
<percent>StepBack</percent>
<quote>StepForward</quote>
</keyboard>
</FullscreenVideo>
</keymap>
(Thanks Vincent for the tip)

So long,
Heiner

(I have only read through the last page of new posts here, so if there's something urgent, feel free to give a note)

I'm sorry to essentially ask this twice (thanks to @trdmic for trying to help me avoid this), but the post in #1067 seems to be a fix for PC/Mac versions of XBMC, but is there a fix for my Apple TV? i dropped that code into my custom keymap (joystick.AppleRemote.xml) file but, as expected, it returned an error in the Log. Absolutely love the app, and would love to use it again, so please let me know if theres any tweaks I should make to allow it to work on my ATV2...

edit: Just re-read (and actually processed) what trdmlc said. Should I create a keyboard.xml for the ATV2 even though it doesn't use a keyboard? I would've though dropping the keyboard tagged bits of code into the appropriate sections of my keymap would've worked (that is in the global and FullScreenVideo sections but after the <joystick=AppleRemote> tags...

- grywnn - 2011-09-21

XBMC Commander emulates keyboard events, even on a system without keyboard.
So: Yes, you'll need to create a keyboard.xml and put the code in there.

- grywnn - 2011-09-21

Again, more changes in the JSON API.
I'm currently done with adapting to the namespace changes from sept 5th, nearly done with the playlist / player changes from september 18th.

Yesterday the "fields" parameter that is used in almost every function call that retrieves some kind of information from XBMC has been renamed to "properties". Meaning i have to adjust about 80% of my function calls.
This is delaying the update a little more.
Sorry folks.

- Memphiz - 2011-09-21

grywnn Wrote:Again, more changes in the JSON API.
I'm currently done with adapting to the namespace changes from sept 5th, nearly done with the playlist / player changes from september 18th.

Yesterday the "fields" parameter that is used in almost every function call that retrieves some kind of information from XBMC has been renamed to "properties". Meaning i have to adjust about 80% of my function calls.
This is delaying the update a little more.
Sorry folks.

You could contact Montellese for knowing what is on his plan according to JSON-RPC ... his changes are all from his TODO list / roadmap afaik ...

keep it up Big Grin

- seth.feinberg - 2011-09-22

grywnn Wrote:XBMC Commander emulates keyboard events, even on a system without keyboard.
So: Yes, you'll need to create a keyboard.xml and put the code in there.

Of course, def should've tried that before I posted. Thanks for the great app and the help...