Kodi Community Forum
XBMC Commander - Yet another unofficial third-party XBMC remote for iPad - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: XBMC Commander - Yet another unofficial third-party XBMC remote for iPad (/showthread.php?tid=81018)

- rbcarnevale - 2011-10-19

When Will we have it working again?

- markus3000 - 2011-10-19

grywnn,

Is there any way to have commander not display all the rar files when searching for movies thru the files part of the the app. i dont un rar my movies since xbmc doesnt need them to be but when i goto to files and to the source where my shows and movies are located in it diplays each of the rar files and the movie as opposed to xbmc which only displays the movie. sometimes have to scroll thru 50 rar files to get to the movie at the bottom. thx

- isamu.dragon - 2011-10-19

jackmeehan Wrote:Does XBMC Commander work ok under iOS 5?
works perfectly in iOS 5.
Just you can't use it with current nightlies.

- grywnn - 2011-10-19

There are some small glitches with iOS 5, but they're purely cosmetically.
Like in bookshelf view the top bar doesn't have the right texture.

An update that will work again with nightlies is currently in testing.
Sorry for the long delay, but there have been a LOT of changes to adapt. And these changes did apear one by one over nearly two months, breaking my app again and again.
But according to the XBMC devs things have settled now, so it should be save to release the update.

@phreaq
Not sure what's happening there.
Since i haven't heard of this before, i'd guess it's an XBMC issue.
XBMC Commander is quite dumb, accessing XBMCs thumbnail cache with filenames XBMC tells him.
Maybe the drive holding your XBMC Metadata is full? Maybe your iPad is full (XBMC Commander caches the thumbnails and reads them from the iPads disc)

@markus3000
No way to circumvent this atm.
I'd either have to implement a stacking filter, or better: Make a feature request to XBMC devs to add a filter option die directory requests.
I'd recommend using the library for now Smile

grywnn Wrote:@markus3000
No way to circumvent this atm.
I'd either have to implement a stacking filter, or better: Make a feature request to XBMC devs to add a filter option die directory requests.
I'd recommend using the library for now Smile

Xbmc already has this feature.. Rars don't show up in the folders.. Sorry maybe I am misunderstanding what feature to request.

- grywnn - 2011-10-19

Yeah, XBMC has this feature. But it's not visible for 3rd party apps (like XBMC Commander) through the JSON API.
When i ask XBMC for the contents of a directory through JSON, i get every single file, regardless if stacking is turned on in XBMCs settings or not. This includes multi-file movies (CD1, CD2) as well.

So i'll rather request that stacking should be applied to output to 3rd party apps before doing it myself (especially since XBMC offers some neat features like custom stacking).

grywnn Wrote:Yeah, XBMC has this feature. But it's not visible for 3rd party apps (like XBMC Commander) through the JSON API.
When i ask XBMC for the contents of a directory through JSON, i get every single file, regardless if stacking is turned on in XBMCs settings or not. This includes multi-file movies (CD1, CD2) as well.

So i'll rather request that stacking should be applied to output to 3rd party apps before doing it myself (especially since XBMC offers some neat features like custom stacking).

I hate to even contradict what you are saying because I am not at all very well versed in the technical details of programming such an app, but I do have several remotes from the app store that do just that... which is just show the movie and no rars. One is XBMC controller , and the other is Soulmate. They may be just different types of remote.. Idk. Yours is my fav remote and without a doubt the very best in the app store, so no disrespect intended... Just pointing this out.

- jonnery - 2011-10-21

Just a quick question while the dev is around!?
I love my xbmc commander app. I have xbmc running on a windows 7 htpc.
I am able to control everything I want.

The only issue I have right now is, that I sometimes when I don't hibernate my xbmc that I have to manually launch xbmc via other apps and than switch back to xbmc commander...
WOL is working well to start the htpc, but would it be possible to have a button to launch xbmc?!
I hope you understand what I mean!?

When anybody has an other solution, please let me know...

- herod98 - 2011-10-21

Hi,

Does this particular iPad remote application integrate with the youtube plugin?

Can I use this remote application to search for/select/navigate to a video in youtube and have it display on the XBMC media player connected to TV?

thanks

- isamu.dragon - 2011-10-21

herod98 Wrote:Hi,

Can I use this remote application to search for/select/navigate to a video in youtube and have it display on the XBMC media player connected to TV?

thanks

In nightlies you can use airplay for non-DRM video (music is unsupported)

to enable install the bonjour service (installed with iTunes).
go to settings/network in XBMC
Enable "Announce these Services to Other Systems via Zerconf"
Enable "Allow XBMC to Recieve AirPlay Content"

- markus3000 - 2011-10-21

herod98 Wrote:Hi,

thanks

yes it does.. very well too... can search via remote and have it displayed on ur tv

- The Spirit - 2011-10-24

i just installed a eden dev build to use airplay. but now the xbmc commander isn´t working anymore.
any ideas?
it is connected, but it crashes all the time when looking into the libraries. the wipe gestures also don´t work anymore. but klicking is just fine Confused

- jabba_29 - 2011-10-24

The sticky states that there is partial support for nightlies - up to what date?
I haven't been able to get this to work for ages now.

I am on atv2 with 20110926 and the latest commander.
Nothing shows up when playing and clicking movies and tv shows just crashes the app on iPad - not iOS 5 yet.

Will post relevant logs if this version of XBMC is supposed to be supported. Shame as it was a really good app.

- herod98 - 2011-10-25

markus3000 Wrote:yes it does.. very well too... can search via remote and have it displayed on ur tv

I purchased the App today for iPad.

I'm running crystalbuntu which is essentially a ubuntu image running on the original appletv v1.

It runs Dharma 10.1.

The app was able to successfully connect, but the youtube integration did not work.

When I chose the option to play the media on the xbmc, I would receive an error after a few minutes on the XBMC stating the media could not be played.

I typed in "Michael Jackson"

The youtube plugin on the ATV is 2.6.3
http://code.google.com/p/youtubexbmc/

I'll try get a log later in the day.

- grywnn - 2011-10-25

The JSON API was very much in flux over the last two months, making it impossible to post an update that wouldn't break again (probably before it got approved by apple).
Things seem to have settled now on the JSON nightly front.
I'm through with adapting to the JSON changes, and the update is currently in testing (and thats good, since i've already had to fix a few bugs in the last few days)

@herod98
First thing to check: Is your youtube addon working? meaning, can you playback youtube videos when going through XBMC usual menus?

@jabba_29
Which sticky?
I tried to post everywhere that nightlies > 05/09 aren't save. Did i miss a post? Smile

@The Spirit
XBMC Commander isn't working with current nightlies due to massive changes in the JSON API. Fix is currently in testing.