Kodi Community Forum
XBMC Commander - Yet another unofficial third-party XBMC remote for iPad - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: XBMC Commander - Yet another unofficial third-party XBMC remote for iPad (/showthread.php?tid=81018)

- jabba_29 - 2011-10-25

Quote:ATTENTION:
Support for nighly builds is considered experimental atm.
That is, 95% of things are working properly, and i'm trying hard to keep up with the missing 5%.
Sorry, first post in this thread.

I knew about the JSON issues, but I have had previous nightlies working: though probably went pear-shaped around September, so yes your comment applies UPDATE, september 10th

I thought that was the comment above and it had been resolved. No worries.

- herod98 - 2011-10-26

grywnn Wrote:The JSON API was very much in flux over the last two months, making it impossible to post an update that wouldn't break again (probably before it got approved by apple).
Things seem to have settled now on the JSON nightly front.
I'm through with adapting to the JSON changes, and the update is currently in testing (and thats good, since i've already had to fix a few bugs in the last few days)

@herod98
First thing to check: Is your youtube addon working? meaning, can you playback youtube videos when going through XBMC usual menus?

@jabba_29
Which sticky?
I tried to post everywhere that nightlies > 05/09 aren't save. Did i miss a post? Smile

@The Spirit
XBMC Commander isn't working with current nightlies due to massive changes in the JSON API. Fix is currently in testing.

Log file showing YouTube integration issue:
http://pastebin.com/RtBZxwyL

Standard YouTube 2.6.3 plugin working perfectly with conventional infrared remote.

Cheers

- grywnn - 2011-10-26

herod98 Wrote:Log file showing YouTube integration issue:
http://pastebin.com/RtBZxwyL

Standard YouTube 2.6.3 plugin working perfectly with conventional infrared remote.

Cheers

Thx, see the problem now.
Will be fixed in the next update.

- markus3000 - 2011-10-26

Grywnn

I cant seem to be able to get icefilms plugin to show any list of films to scroll thru, meaning when i comes down to showing the film list it either is blank or just doesnt navigate to it. It will show the folders that contain the films like genre or latest releases, ect. but when it come to actully seeing the film choices inside the folders or catagories its not there. Wasnt sure if your aware of this or do you need a pastebin?

- NineT9mustang - 2011-10-27

Just got this app, doesn't work for me either :\ Soon as it connects to my library it shuts down immediately (I'm running a nightly)

I know the guys working on this, just wanted to throw in my input is all... looking forward to an update Smile

- gprime - 2011-10-27

I bought this today, but I can't get it to display any content Sad Gestures seem to work fine, though. When I go into "movies" or "tv shows" i just get a little spinning icon (forever). Any ideas?

If it helps I'm running xbmc-live on a PC. And it's an iPad2 with iOS4

EDIT:
I'm running this version:
XBMC 9.11 r26018) (COMPILED: AUG 19 2010)
I guesss I need something newer huh?

EDIt2:
Cool, upgrading xbmx resolved that issue! Now everything seems good except I don't see movie cover art (i see tv series images fine, though).

I've cleared the cache and restarted the app; still not showing any movie cover art. Any suggestions?

- grywnn - 2011-10-27

Just yesterday i thought about dropping the "doesn't work with 9.11" note because i thought "no one is using 9.11 anymore".
Looks like i've been wrong Smile
As for the missing thumbnails:
I'd guess the problem is rather with XBMC. Please try re-scraping your movies (remove movie source; re-add it; toggle database scan)

- grywnn - 2011-10-27

markus,
plugins / addons work more by accident then by design.
There's no official interface for addons in the JSON API.
Some addons seem to expose themselves to XBMC in a directory / file structure up to some level, and are thus visible through the file browser.
How deep this works highly depends on the way the addon is coded.
So i'm afraid i can't do anything about it.

BTW i don't know / use the icefilms plugin

- gprime - 2011-10-27

grywnn Wrote:Just yesterday i thought about dropping the "doesn't work with 9.11" note because i thought "no one is using 9.11 anymore".
Looks like i've been wrong Smile
As for the missing thumbnails:
I'd guess the problem is rather with XBMC. Please try re-scraping your movies (remove movie source; re-add it; toggle database scan)

I see the cover art in xbmc just fine, but I will try this anyways, thanks.

- grywnn - 2011-10-27

Uh another idea:
I just stumbled over the "automatically fill fre space with usic" switch in itunes.
XBMC Commander needs some free space to save the thumbnails. Maybe your iPads is full?

- gprime - 2011-10-27

Actually, the first thing you suggested (removing then re-adding the source) worked like a charm, thanks!
Love this app. Never really used my iPad until now.

- TheAstronaut - 2011-10-27

The Updated version appeared in the AppStore today, but I'm still having issues with the video library on my ATV2. Browsing the TV library works fine, but clicking on the Movies tab results in a spinning icon for about 20 seconds, followed by the spinning icon and the "no connection" icon then the whole app crashes. I'm using the nightly dated October 25th, is there a particular nightly you tested with? Do I need to delete and rescan my database?

Music playlist buttons - peter_rjs - 2011-10-27

Hi Grywnn,

is it possible to change the spacing between the "Play", "Enqueue", and "Play Album" buttons on the music tab? (when choosing songs from a CD)

I use this to create playlists and it is brilliant, but it's very easy to tap the adjacent button when you've had a few beers...

Also, the ability to drag tracks on the playlist into a different order would be extremely cool.....

I use this app constantly, and it is utterly brilliant! Smile

- rbcarnevale - 2011-10-28

Great! It's working again.

- Drol - 2011-10-28

grywnn, thanks for the update.

1. Is it possible to add fast scrolling button? I have over 1000 albums and it is a nightmare to scroll down this way.

2. Can you change the icons for skipping to next/previous song. Currently the one looks like this > for next and < for previous.
it was supposed to look like this >| for next, or |< for previous. 4 people used XBMC commander at my place and all 4 got confused over skipping controls. Try it yourself on some people.