Kodi Community Forum
XBMC Commander - Yet another unofficial third-party XBMC remote for iPad - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: XBMC Commander - Yet another unofficial third-party XBMC remote for iPad (/showthread.php?tid=81018)

RE: XBMC Commander - Yet another unofficial third-party XBMC remote for iPad - Bkam - 2012-03-20

grywnn sounds really goood Smile now i just need to get hold of then they start to sell them on friday here Smile

RE: XBMC Commander - Yet another unofficial third-party XBMC remote for iPad - grywnn - 2012-03-20

Good luck Wink

RE: XBMC Commander - Yet another unofficial third-party XBMC remote for iPad - meridius - 2012-03-20

Hi mate just a quick question. Is there a way to jump to different letter locations in the movies library as I want to jump fr a to j as at the moment I can only scroll to j or am I missing somthing.

Cheers

RE: XBMC Commander - Yet another unofficial third-party XBMC remote for iPad - Bkam - 2012-03-20

grywnn thx mate, i will need it apple it not famus to have alot in stock on release day :p

Are you getting one for your self or are you holding on to the ipad 2 ?

RE: XBMC Commander - Yet another unofficial third-party XBMC remote for iPad - grywnn - 2012-03-20

@meridius:
Been trying to implement a jumplist / scrollbar, but with no satisfying result so far.
Still on my list...

@Bkam:
Already got one Tongue

grywnn: Oo cool , worth the upgrade from the 2:nd?

Do you have any plans on a new theme for your app ?

and about scoll list , is it possibly to have a hiden numeric keypad (Telephone keypad) that we can access with a key or sweep
and from there pick a letter we want to go to or use as a search, just a ide ?

Worth the upgrade? Hmm depends. While the display is really cool it's not that big a step as from ipad 1 to ipad 2.
I'd say: If you've got a good use for the old one, it's well worth it.
New themes: Too much on my todo list atm Smile

RE: XBMC Commander - Yet another unofficial third-party XBMC remote for iPad - fatal. - 2012-03-25

Hey gywnn,

Just purchased the app (wish it would have been the first one I purchased) and everything is working superbly. Love the interface, the screens, everything just flows really well and I have not had any issues setting it up or trying to control my xbmc. Excellent job! The remote control screen is pure genius.

The only issue I have run into (although it might be related to xbmc), is that the playlist gets filled by a ton of .tbn files every now and then (it happened when it first connected to by xbmc and got the collection). If I try to hit "Clear" on the playlist when this happens it freezes the app and then it closes. It might have something to do w/ the fanart screensaver, I have turned it off for now and will update if it stops it from happening.

I have a couple of feature requests, or if it already exists, I did not find how to do it:

1. Show production year for movies (on the detail/info page)
2. Show cast for movies (on the detail/info page)
3. Option to only show season level if more than 1 season exists for the series, otherwise show the episodes when the series is selected
4. Ability to view smart playlists, as I have my movie collection separated by Kids, English, Hindi etc.
5. Maybe use a little bit more real estate for the Web 2.0 view for selecting song track information

Also, are pictures viewable through this application? I see the "Files" section, but the only thing that shows up under any of the 3 available options for Movies, Music, Pictures is under movies...I see the locations I have defined under xbmc and the files pull up fine....but nothing shows up under music or pictures. Also, when in these view if I hit the "refresh" button (after pulling the screen down to show those extra options, and assuming that is a refresh button), it acts like a back button instead and takes me back a level instead of refreshing....ie, If I hit that button if i'm under "Files/Pictures/Pictures" etc.

Thanks again for this wonderful app Smile

Take Care

RE: XBMC Commander - Yet another unofficial third-party XBMC remote for iPad - grywnn - 2012-03-25

Hi fatal,

The issue you mention could very well be the screensaver. I guess the screensaver creates some kind of picture playlist, which are strange beasts in XBMC.
I'll investigate, but i don't know if i can do much against it...

As for your requests:
4) XBMC currently offers no way to query smart playlists. So you won't get this in any remote for a while - until the XBMC devs sort out the whole playlist handling, which is on their roadmap for the next release (v12, not Eden)
I'll consider the rest Smile

Now to the empty sources in the files tab:
This usually happens when you're using password protected network shares as sources. The problem here is, that the username / password aren't transfered to the remote (for security reasons), and when the remote tries to dive into the source it get rejected because of missing auth credentials (kinda scizophrenic...)
The good news is that theres a workaroud for this. You'll have to move the auth details from your sources.xml to another file.
If added a short howto to XBMC Commanders webpage:
http://xbmc-commander.com/page2/page9/page9.html
...near the bottom.

Viewing pictures isn't perfect though.
The app will only download & show pictures < 3MB, because anything bigger quickly causes memory trouble.

RE: XBMC Commander - Yet another unofficial third-party XBMC remote for iPad - steve1977 - 2012-03-25

(2012-03-18, 21:29)grywnn Wrote: Ten minutes ago i submitted another update featuring
- Music video support!!

How is this being implemented? I just updated, but didn't find a new tab for music videos?

RE: XBMC Commander - Yet another unofficial third-party XBMC remote for iPad - grywnn - 2012-03-25

Simple answer:
The update you loaded is from before the announcement.
The update featuring music video support is unfortunately still stuck in apple "waiting for revision" queue.
Looks like they're getting overrun with retina updates, normally they're faster.
But after more than a week it shouldn't take long now.

RE: XBMC Commander - Yet another unofficial third-party XBMC remote for iPad - steve1977 - 2012-03-25

Got it, this is great!!!

One thought - any appetite to extend this app or create a new app that only acts as a remote for XBMC, but also allows to access sabnzbd, SB, CP and HP?

There is already one, it's called safari Wink
Seriously, while it sounds easy at first glance, it would be a hell of a job, since as far as i know non of these tools have an official API. Would be like programming the whole thing 4 times over.

(2012-03-25, 15:57)grywnn Wrote: Seriously, while it sounds easy at first glance, it would be a hell of a job, since as far as i know non of these tools have an official API. Would be like programming the whole thing 4 times over.

They have APIs (sabnzbd and SB for sure; not certain about CP). There is Android Media Dog and plenty of other apps around who do that. Given how many sabnzbd IOS apps are out, I may say that it may be easier than you anticipate.

Your next question will be why I don't use any of the dozens of others out. Well, your remote is also a class-on-its-own compared to the dozens of others out there.

RE: XBMC Commander - Yet another unofficial third-party XBMC remote for iPad - Orillion - 2012-03-25

any chance you will make a trail/free version of the app so i/we could try it before we are buying it ?