Kodi Community Forum
XBMC Commander - Yet another unofficial third-party XBMC remote for iPad - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: XBMC Commander - Yet another unofficial third-party XBMC remote for iPad (/showthread.php?tid=81018)

RE: XBMC Commander - Yet another unofficial third-party XBMC remote for iPad - idaho - 2012-06-01

@one800higgins
In the global settings menu of your ios device choose "commander" and activate "disable moviesets"

RE: XBMC Commander - Yet another unofficial third-party XBMC remote for iPad - ClayM - 2012-06-01

My XBMC seems to crash on startup, right after connecting. Is there any way to address this? I'm not even sure where to start looking.

RE: XBMC Commander - Yet another unofficial third-party XBMC remote for iPad - grywnn - 2012-06-01

I hope its the app that crashes, not XBMC...
If so please try to reinstall - that is remove the app from both the device and iTunes and re-download.
Background: I don't know why yet, but sometimes the settings i save can get corrupted (seems to happen most often while updating). Reinstalling is unfortunately the only way atm to wipe out all userdata and settings.

RE: XBMC Commander - Yet another unofficial third-party XBMC remote for iPad - rskadk - 2012-06-03

(2012-04-21, 21:31)rolandb5 Wrote: A very descent plugin for spotify is currently in development for XBMC (http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=125147&page=15). It would be absolutely great to be able to control this plugin via XBMC commander.

Spotify integration into XBMC Commander will be great. The whole music setup in the app is soon getting outdated -Since more and more people are using music streaming apps, and doesn't keep music files stored on the computer anymore...

RE: XBMC Commander - Yet another unofficial third-party XBMC remote for iPad - rskadk - 2012-06-03

RE: XBMC Commander - Yet another unofficial third-party XBMC remote for iPad - meridius - 2012-06-05

Hi there just a quick couple of questions

Q1 Is there a way to stream your movies and videos from xbmc to the ipad and will it ever be added and if so what would you need to make this work ?
Q2 is there a new version due out soon for the bug fixes ?

cheers keep up the good work its the best app i have ever owned and used and oyu have done some exellent work to this app

cheers

RE: XBMC Commander - Yet another unofficial third-party XBMC remote for iPad - grywnn - 2012-06-05

Q1 since the ipad can't playback most video content natively, this would require on the fly transcoding by XBMC (or me programming an universal video player for iOS - which is way over my head Smile ).
This had been on the roadmap when there still was one, so i think this will be possible sooner or later (rather later i'm afraid)
Q2 i've submitted an update to apple that fixes the enqueuing problem (old items still lingering around in playlists).
I still got no idea whats wrong with your settings not being remembered. Couldn't reproduce it, and didn't have any other reports. Did you already try reinstalling the app btw?

(I'm having a few deadlines queueing up at work atm, didn't have time for a deeper look into the sorttitle issue yet...)

RE: XBMC Commander - Yet another unofficial third-party XBMC remote for iPad - meridius - 2012-06-05

Cheers I have not tried to reinstall it to see if it fixes the sort order but I will when an update comes out that fixes the sort title order

Cheers

RE: XBMC Commander - Yet another unofficial third-party XBMC remote for iPad - meridius - 2012-06-06

Hi there

I was wondering the keyboard in xbmc commander on the iPad can it be used to quick jump to tv shows and movies in my library as when I use the keyboard option it does not do anything or is not ale to jump to show by pressing a letter

It's just that my library has grown large and it's harder to get to the movie or show by using the scroll on the touch pad. Just wanted a quicker way to jump to movies and tvshows.

Is there a way

Thanks

RE: XBMC Commander - Yet another unofficial third-party XBMC remote for iPad - Bladerunner1962 - 2012-06-06

problem with all the XBMC Ipad/Iphone solutions (I have all in order to find my
best solution)...the concept,
the idea is great, but the loading times of covers, information are very long..
this refers to all solutions...
so, if you would start the homecinema evening with your Ipad in order
to select a movie you have to calculate at minimum 10-20 minutes...until
all thumbs information are loaded...even all the solution have a
cache management...each time I start one of the solution...same
as described about

I have around 700-800 movies...perhaps the solutions áre running
perfect with only e.g. 100 movies

do you have other experiences?

RE: XBMC Commander - Yet another unofficial third-party XBMC remote for iPad - grywnn - 2012-06-06

@meridius:
hm never thought about that.
Is this posible with XBMC when using a normal hard wired keyboard? If so there should be a way to do it with the virtual one too. You might need to send capital letters though.

@bladerunner:
Sounds like something is seriously wrong with either your XBMC installation or your network.
As far as XBMC Commander is concerned:
- A list of 700 movies should load in a few seconds (max.15s)
- Thumbnails should load on request, that is while you're scrolling. loading them the first time might take about a second per thumb, once a thumbnail has been loaded it should be available almost instantly the next time.
- Movie information too is loaded / refreshed every time you access (aka tap on) a movie.
Of course, XBMC must be running and accessible for this to work.
So, what exactly are you doing? which version of XBMC are you using?
As mentioned before, the fact that this happens with any remote hints that theres something wrong with either your XBMC installation or your (WLAN) network. You might want to try changing XBMC web port (in settings->network)

@all:
I'll be camping from tomorrow till sunday, so don't expect any answers in the next few days... Smile

RE: XBMC Commander - Yet another unofficial third-party XBMC remote for iPad - meridius - 2012-06-06

(2012-06-06, 20:10)grywnn Wrote: @meridius:
hm never thought about that.
Is this posible with XBMC when using a normal hard wired keyboard? If so there should be a way to do it with the virtual one too. You might need to send capital letters though.

Hi there

Yes it does work on the keyboard but only if u use the shift key plus the letter u need to select. Pressing the letter on its own does not work

I hope this can be added as it would help in quick jumping

Also maybe adding letters to your video and tv show thumbnail side selection like the iPad does in the music app as at the moment it's hard to judge where to jump on the side sliding bar. Maybe a option ?

Cheers, have a good camping trip.

RE: XBMC Commander - Yet another unofficial third-party XBMC remote for iPad - Bladerunner1962 - 2012-06-07

(2012-06-06, 20:10)grywnn Wrote: @bladerunner:
Sounds like something is seriously wrong with either your XBMC installation or your network.
As far as XBMC Commander is concerned:
- A list of 700 movies should load in a few seconds (max.15s)
- Thumbnails should load on request, that is while you're scrolling. loading them the first time might take about a second per thumb, once a thumbnail has been loaded it should be available almost instantly the next time.
- Movie information too is loaded / refreshed every time you access (aka tap on) a movie.
Of course, XBMC must be running and accessible for this to work.
So, what exactly are you doing? which version of XBMC are you using?
As mentioned before, the fact that this happens with any remote hints that theres something wrong with either your XBMC installation or your (WLAN) network. You might want to try changing XBMC web port (in settings->network)

ok...let's go through it
1. XBMC and Commander on the Ipad have a connection
2. Yes, XBMC is running, otherwise Commander on the Ipad would'nt load the information
3. I use XBMC 11.0 Eden
4. I setted my port to the common 80 Port...which kind of portnumbers I should try?

RE: XBMC Commander - Yet another unofficial third-party XBMC remote for iPad - grywnn - 2012-06-07

Id guess its a port problem, often port 80 is used by some other program too. Try any high ranging, like 8082. Remember to adjust this in both xbmc and the ap.

RE: XBMC Commander - Yet another unofficial third-party XBMC remote for iPad - Bladerunner1962 - 2012-06-07

thanks a lot for quick answer!
I wil try that as you suggested.