Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Vimeo (Video) Plugin - De facto default standard Vimeo Addon for XBMC - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Vimeo (Video) Plugin - De facto default standard Vimeo Addon for XBMC (/showthread.php?tid=81052)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24

RE: [RELEASE] Vimeo (Video) Plugin - De facto default standard Vimeo Addon for XBMC - Silverfox64 - 2013-10-26

Just used this to fix my problem with Vimeo plugin problem.
Thanks

(2013-10-25, 23:30)ruuk Wrote: I mucked around and got my Vimeo to work.

Replace this in your ~/.xbmc/addons/plugin.video.vimeo folder (right click, save as)

http://xbmc.2ndmind.com/VimeoPlayer.py

I can't guarantee this is stable, won't cause errors, will last long, etc... I just messily jammed in some code.
If it breaks again, don't ask me for a fix, as I am not the maintainer of this addon. I'm just posting this in the hopes that it will be useful.

RE: [RELEASE] Vimeo (Video) Plugin - De facto default standard Vimeo Addon for XBMC - styleito - 2013-10-26

It worked for me too.
Thank you ruuk.

RE: [RELEASE] Vimeo (Video) Plugin - De facto default standard Vimeo Addon for XBMC - ticrandall - 2013-10-26

(2013-10-25, 23:30)ruuk Wrote: I mucked around and got my Vimeo to work.

Replace this in your ~/.xbmc/addons/plugin.video.vimeo folder (right click, save as)

http://xbmc.2ndmind.com/VimeoPlayer.py

I can't guarantee this is stable, won't cause errors, will last long, etc... I just messily jammed in some code.
If it breaks again, don't ask me for a fix, as I am not the maintainer of this addon. I'm just posting this in the hopes that it will be useful.

Nice jamming.. worked for me.. crossing fingers this continues.. Hack the planet!

RE: [RELEASE] Vimeo (Video) Plugin - De facto default standard Vimeo Addon for XBMC - bengan - 2013-11-03

Do not work for me. Downloaded but it seems the same as I already have.

A diff shows that. Could you do a diff on your changes?

xbmc@xbmc:~> LANG=en_US diff --report-identical-files .xbmc/addons/plugin.video.vimeo/VimeoPlayer.py VimeoPlayer.py
Files .xbmc/addons/plugin.video.vimeo/VimeoPlayer.py and VimeoPlayer.py are identical

RE: [RELEASE] Vimeo (Video) Plugin - De facto default standard Vimeo Addon for XBMC - ruuk - 2013-11-03

The authors appear to have updated the repository with the changed file.
This only fixes the issue with playing video.

There is another issue when browsing from the addon which is caused by Vimeo rate limiting the addon.
Logged in users should not have a problem.

RE: [RELEASE] Vimeo (Video) Plugin - De facto default standard Vimeo Addon for XBMC - bengan - 2013-11-03

(2013-11-03, 15:48)ruuk Wrote: The authors appear to have updated the repository with the changed file.
This only fixes the issue with playing video.

There is another issue when browsing from the addon which is caused by Vimeo rate limiting the addon.
Logged in users should not have a problem.

Quite right. Now I'm logged in and everything works fine. Thank you.

RE: [RELEASE] Vimeo (Video) Plugin - De facto default standard Vimeo Addon for XBMC - PantsOnFire - 2013-11-04

Anyone having 'download video' problems? Im often able to play videos but downloading them sometimes fails to start. Would need to test further to see if there's any pattern but just seeing if anyone had similar.

RE: [RELEASE] Vimeo (Video) Plugin - De facto default standard Vimeo Addon for XBMC - taalas - 2013-11-24

Like some other users I still have the problem that searches and/or categories don't return any results. I can't watch any video on Vimeo any more with the latest version. Did anybody find a fix for this issue?

RE: [RELEASE] Vimeo (Video) Plugin - De facto default standard Vimeo Addon for XBMC - gerosil - 2013-11-30

Hi there,

is there anything new about accessing private (pw protected) videos? since you answer is already 2 years old...
when I try to access a pw protected video, the whole "files" section is missing in the json-response.
nice work, anyway!

thx, gerosil

(2011-11-06, 14:52)HenrikDK Wrote:
nerve Wrote:It work's great !
Is there any solution to view private video ?

If you're talking about password protected videos then no, not yet, we'll need to create a script way of authenticating such videos, and that wont happen until we've given the plugin a makeover like the youtube plugin.

RE: [RELEASE] Vimeo (Video) Plugin - De facto default standard Vimeo Addon for XBMC - pasha_ - 2013-12-02

Anyone has problem accessing paid content? I bought a film, it's in my 'watch later' folder and it plays on pc or tablet in browser but when I play it in XBMC (ATV1) it redirects to the official trailer.

RE: [RELEASE] Vimeo (Video) Plugin - De facto default standard Vimeo Addon for XBMC - spookybathtub - 2013-12-09

If I understand correctly, password-protected videos are currently unsupported. But what about my own password-protected videos? When I'm logged in, I can browse all my passworded albums and videos, seeing all thumbnails, but when I try to play one, it doesn't work. Is this a known limitation? If not, I'd be happy to upload my log file.

No title after playback of a video - cojms1 - 2013-12-10

Hi,

I'm using version 3.5.3 of the plugin and found that each time a video is played the playlist shows "No title" as the video information. Having looked at the source this seems to come from line 112 in VimeoPlayer.py. Changing the line to

Code:
title = collection['video']['title']

fixes the issue.

Just thought I'd post that here. Apologies if it has already been mentioned but I couldn't see it in the thread (must admit I didn't read all 26 pages though). Wink

RE: [RELEASE] Vimeo (Video) Plugin - De facto default standard Vimeo Addon for XBMC - styleito - 2013-12-11

Thanks cojms1,

I was also getting "No title".
Your fix seems to work for me as well.
It was just a minor annoyance but, it's nice to have it fixed now.

RE: [RELEASE] Vimeo (Video) Plugin - De facto default standard Vimeo Addon for XBMC - pike - 2014-01-19

This thing seems to be broken with Gotham ?

RE: [RELEASE] Vimeo (Video) Plugin - De facto default standard Vimeo Addon for XBMC - flokohlert - 2014-01-19

This seems to have stopped working on XBMC 13 Gotham.