Kodi Community Forum
AMD Fusion based hardware for a HTPC? - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=222)
+--- Forum: Hardware (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=112)
+--- Thread: AMD Fusion based hardware for a HTPC? (/showthread.php?tid=81286)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

- darkscout - 2011-05-31

dazombie46 Wrote:its the same NEMEK ISO!!!!!!!No i already had this, and it didnt work to get it on USb!

So i asked you guys to give us the "whole IMAGE" of your USb Stick you missunderstood me Huh nemeks iso didnt work with Lili's Tool

Sorry. This was an aside to your comment. I would have done this anyway.

Do you want people to do a 'dd if=' and create a raw disk? Otherwise why shouldn't Unetbootin work?

- dazombie46 - 2011-05-31

do a 'dd if=' and create a raw disk? i dont know what that means,sorry

someone managed to make a working usb stick right?, so if someone would upload the files from their stick ,i could copy the files to my own stick.

- magnetik - 2011-05-31

dazombie46 Wrote:someone managed to make a working usb stick right?, so if someone would upload the files from their stick ,i could copy the files to my own stick.

I don't think you quite understand the comment - simply copying the files to a USB key won't work, since it wont write in the required boot loader/etc. required to get the USB key to 'boot' - hence why the full setup is passed around as an ISO.

Best bet would be to use the 'Startup disk creator' in Ubuntu, or if on a Windows machine try the Unetbootin utility to write the ISO to a empty USB key.

- gaspo100 - 2011-05-31

magnetik Wrote:Best bet would be to use the 'Startup disk creator' in Ubuntu, or if on a Windows machine try the Unetbootin utility to write the ISO to a empty USB key.

This is what I did exactly. Took nemek's rar files, extracted to ISO and using Unetbootin created a bootable USB key.
I did not have any problems to install XBMC from that USB key.

Some USB keys can't be made bootable, so you might to try few different ones.

- nemek - 2011-05-31

Quote:so if someone would upload the files from their stick ,i could copy the files to my own stick.
This iso will boot without any "extra" work only if burned to cd as 1:1 copy. So you cant just "copy" files either to cd or usb. There must be some boot loader capable of booting from usb. Using unetbootin is easiest way to do this on windows.

- gaspo100 - 2011-05-31

Is anyone having issues when running XBMC?

I have the following problems:
  1. Slow down or freeze: Sometimes, not too often but enough to experience it, when I do a lot browsing through XBMC menus, especially browsing the movies in library mode, the user interface slows down, there are pauses of 10-30 before next keyboard press is recognised. On occasion XBMC completely freezes and I need to hard reset.

2. Shut down or exit from XBMC. Shut down system doesn't work with default theme - XBMC just restarts. With some other themes it work (ie. Xbox 720).
    Exit from XBMC always restarts it. Should not exit from XBMC drop you out to command shell?

Everything else seems to be working fine.
VAAPI for E350 and HDMI pass-through work as expected, no skipped frames. When watching bluray rip of Avatar the CPU cores run at 15-25%.

Thank you Nemek for making the image file, you have saved me lots of headaches and time trying to build it myself Smile
There is a new version of AMD driver. How would I go about updating it?

- Bootlegninja - 2011-06-01

First of all thank you Nemek for making this ISO. But I have only one issue with it. I can't get the xbox dvd playback kit to work with it regardless of any tutorial I find regarding this problem. Is there any guide you can give that can get this little problem fixed? Thanks!

- dazombie46 - 2011-06-02

ok now the iso works Rolleyes

buuuut ,NO LAN !! is this normal because of the driver support?

any help

- c-shadow - 2011-06-02

gaspo100 Wrote:Is anyone having issues when running XBMC?

[*]Slow down or freeze: Sometimes, not too often but enough to experience it, when I do a lot browsing through XBMC menus, especially browsing the movies in library mode, the user interface slows down, there are pauses of 10-30 before next keyboard press is recognised. On occasion XBMC completely freezes and I need to hard reset.

Same here. GUI slows down and often freezes. I usually connect via SSH drom other machine and restart xbmc-live service.

Quote:
[*]Shut down or exit from XBMC. Shut down system doesn't work with default theme - XBMC just restarts. With some other themes it work (ie. Xbox 720).
Exit from XBMC always restarts it. Should not exit from XBMC drop you out to command shell?

Didn't notice that (yet).

But sometimes it boots without sound, and xbmc complains about missing soundcard. Also, fast forwarding a file (H264, mkv container) audio is out of sync.

Quote:There is a new version of AMD driver. How would I go about updating it?

Anybody tried that?
Or updating xbmc to some nightly build?
In current state I have a working vaapi and xbmc freezing and lagging all the time. Any ideas anyone?

- HansP - 2011-06-02

c-shadow Wrote:Same here. GUI slows down and often freezes. I usually connect via SSH drom other machine and restart xbmc-live service.

Didn't notice that (yet).

But sometimes it boots without sound, and xbmc complains about missing soundcard. Also, fast forwarding a file (H264, mkv container) audio is out of sync.

Anybody tried that?
Or updating xbmc to some nightly build?
In current state I have a working vaapi and xbmc freezing and lagging all the time. Any ideas anyone?

i wanted to do that but after failing ubuntu and live i went back to windows out of frustration Smile

- c-shadow - 2011-06-02

HansP Wrote:i wanted to do that but after failing ubuntu and live i went back to windows out of frustration Smile

Didn't have windows at home in a couple of years Smile
How is xmbc working under windows? Used it only under ubuntu, with nvidia card on my main rig it worked fine. It would rarely crash, sometimes when stopping the movie. But this installation on new ATI based htpc is terribly unstable.
Just finished baking up my htpc installation, will try to upgrade everything during the weekend and see how it goes. After that, it's either some other media center (that would make me sad, i'm quite used to xbmc) or windows.

- HansP - 2011-06-02

it works fine , no crashed whatsoever
i tried linux and failed miserably after 1week of 4-5hrs a day

this time i gave up after 3 :d

i just finished installing my dad's htpc

- KiSUAN - 2011-06-03

gaspo100 Wrote:[*]Shut down or exit from XBMC. Shut down system doesn't work with default theme - XBMC just restarts. With some other themes it work (ie. Xbox 720).

This are all problems of the skin code, nothing to do with hardware or XBMC per se...

- c-shadow - 2011-06-03

KiSUAN Wrote:This are all problems of the skin code, nothing to do with hardware or XBMC per se...

Thanks for the info.
Is there an updated default skin available or we need to use some other skin?

- KiSUAN - 2011-06-04

You need to change the code your self or use another skin... like my MOD Wink