Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Aeon MQ 2 - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon MQ (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 2 (/showthread.php?tid=81601)

- curtis-r - 2011-02-20

Babal Wrote:Is this modification hard Curtis? Will you be willing to upload the compressed texture file please Rolleyes Huh!

Not hard. I just have to duplicate the Blu-Ray box png file, replacing the existing H246, VC-1, ... box files.

I can post my modified textures.xbt if Marcos doesn't object, but it's 200MB & I make other mods (changing the floor codec flags to a Blu-Ray flag, & changing the movie & music genre icons).

It's probably best if people learn themselves to modify the master textures files, then use TexturePacker to compile into textures.xbt.
Place the master MQ2 texture data in texturepacker/mq2. Open command prompt in the texturepacker folder and enter
Code:
texturepacker -input mq2 -output textures.xbt
Then once it's compiled, copy it to skin.aeonmq.2/media.

- matrix808 - 2011-02-20

I love it great job,
I think its bussy with the downloads of the styles as well, so i do that another time.

Donation done thx a lot amazing work

- swisha - 2011-02-20

in the main menu under music and movies, when i press up for 'recent', some of the file names are blank.

seems like there's no problem under tv shows

- SlaveUnit - 2011-02-20

Is there any way to stop this update? When you have ENABLE AUTOMATIC SKIN UPDATES unselected it install the update anyway. When you have it unselected it says the skin update fails then your screen goes black. You restart XBMC and Aeon is gone altogether. So it seems like it's corrupting the older version?

UPDATE: The skin only will not update if you uncheck ENABLE AUTOMAIC UPDATE OF ADDONS. So you have to turn them all off in order to not have the skin update.

- chadskies - 2011-02-20

Anyone else using 'Low List' for movies and the HD DVD covers not work?

swisha Wrote:in the main menu under music and movies, when i press up for 'recent', some of the file names are blank.

seems like there's no problem under tv shows

I have the same issue, but only for music...

- MarcosQui - 2011-02-20

To all:

I was talking now with the Wanilton (official beta-tester) and he told me that the skin was running better without the xbt, which was that we were using in the tests.

I'll suggest something to you - so I fix the bugs that appeared, I will make available a version of the skin fully uncompressed to test, if adopted by the majority I can replace, the only problem that we have no more themes.

Let's try. Wink

matrix808, thanks for the donation. Laugh

- MarcosQui - 2011-02-20

SlaveUnit Wrote:Is there any way to stop this update? When you have ENABLE AUTOMATIC SKIN UPDATES unselected it install the update anyway. When you have it unselected it says the skin update fails then your screen goes black. You restart XBMC and Aeon is gone altogether. So it seems like it's corrupting the older version?

Before installing a new version, XBMC deletes the previous version of the skin, but because this skin is being used it can only delete half of it, what happens?
The old skin is not removed correctly if this happens you will see only a black screen. Do not worry just install again using a different skin.

Open XBMC change to Confluence, go to System> Add-ons and then yes install the Aeon MQ 2.7.0 by ZIP option.
Doing so has no error.

- SlaveUnit - 2011-02-20

MarcosQui Wrote:Before installing a new version, XBMC deletes the previous version of the skin, but because this skin is being used it can only delete half of it, what happens?
The old skin is not removed correctly if this happens you will see only a black screen. Do not worry just install again using a different skin.

Open XBMC change to Confluence, go to System> Add-ons and then yes install the Aeon MQ 2.7.0 by ZIP option.
Doing so has no error.

I understand what happens when the skin installs. I have no issues installing it successfully. My issue is that I DO NOT want the update. If you have the "Enable Automatic Update Of Skin" deselected it still installs it.

- duskdweller - 2011-02-20

thank you so much for your work. cheers mate Smile

- schnitzelbrain - 2011-02-20

MarcosQui Wrote:Before installing a new version, XBMC deletes the previous version of the skin, but because this skin is being used it can only delete half of it, what happens?

Doing so has no error.

I am at work for the moment, my wife watches with xbmc streaming content. So can I expect a call that suddenly the screen turned black?
And how do I change to confluence when the screen is black, or are u talking about the backgnd only and the menu is visible?
What is with my cusom menu setup, links and so on. Still there or gone ?

I wanna inform myself before coming home tonight and work until sunrise to get Aeon working again.

- curtis-r - 2011-02-20

MarcosQui Wrote:To all:
I'll suggest something to you - so I fix the bugs that appeared, I will make available a version of the skin fully uncompressed to test, if adopted by the majority I can replace, the only problem that we have no more themes.

+1. I always preferred skins without the textures.xbt file. Obviously it's then much easier to make personal graphic mods.

- master345 - 2011-02-20

I do not have any logo or poster in the bottom left screen when I press the "i" key when watching a TV show in Library mode.

All I get is what looks like half a white page cut diagonally across starting from top right instead of where a picture is supposed to be.

Where can I find the option to enable or is it a bug?
Thanks

- kees667 - 2011-02-20

New version is very smooth, thanks!

Small issue: I have disabled music home screen cdart animation. Somehow there is a control bar (play, pause, forward icons) overlapping my "now playing" text.

I enabled cdart animation which moves it around better but I really don't want those controls there and now matter what I try I can't use them either so looks like a bug?

- Zaxxan - 2011-02-20

chadskies Wrote:Anyone else using 'Low List' for movies and the HD DVD covers not work?

I have the same issue, but only for music...

I also have this issue with music

- ralob - 2011-02-20

Brilliant update. My only problem is the OSD font is so tiny that it is incredibly hard for me to read.