Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Aeon MQ 2 - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon MQ (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 2 (/showthread.php?tid=81601)

- Mindzai - 2011-02-27

A small improvement - could we have the season fanarts used when a season is selected please? At the moment they only show for a season's episodes, but I think it would be good to also switch between the season fanarts as a season is highlighted too.

- Hili - 2011-02-27

Having a problem with the themes, by choosing the different themes i cant recognize any changes in terms of colors background? If they wouldnt be installed yet they wouldnt appear in the appiriance settings inst it? Iam on latest version of MQ2 and deleted guisettings.xml already.

Thanks for any help!

- d_hero - 2011-02-27

boykster Wrote:If you're OK building them yourself, it's pretty straightforward once you get things setup.

I used this thread as a guide - worked great

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=89817

Start with the block of statements in 1) - you need to run it as root though. Easiest way to do it is to su to root, and then copy that set of commands into a bash script to execute. That big block will get everything setup to do builds, get the source code, compile, and install the new version. Oh, and I added a 'stop xbmc-live' to the beginning of the block to kill xbmc before I ran the process (no quotes)

For updates - if you want to do a new pull to try out, do the same thing with 2). You don't need to re-run 1) since has a bunch of stuff you don't need to re-run. 2 will do a fresh pull, rebuild, and install.

There's other tips and tricks in that thread, but I simply ran 1) and got a new install setup. worked great.

NOTE: I meant to include this info - if you do switch to a nightly / newer build (not sure if it will be in 10.1 though) - the database format has changed, so make sure to make a backup of your video database before you do the update in case you want to roll back to Dharma.

thanks for that information, im giving it a go now. In case I want to roll back, how do I do that?

- boykster - 2011-02-27

d_hero Wrote:thanks for that information, im giving it a go now. In case I want to roll back, how do I do that?

the 'easiest' way to do it is to backup the entire /usr directory - you really only need to backup the xbmc related directories, but there's stuff in /usr/bin /usr/lib, etc. You'll also want to backup your videodb - whether that's the MyVideodb sqlite file, or if you're using mysql, do an export of it.

If you want to backup less stuff, you need to backup:

/usr/bin/xbmc
/usr/bin/xbmc-standalone
/usr/lib/xbmc (directory)
/usr/share/applications/xbmc.desktop
/usr/share/doc/xbmc (directory)
/usr/share/icons/hicolor (dir)
/usr/share/xbmc (dir)
/usr/share/xsessions/XBMC.desktop

These are the files/directories that will be overwritten when the new version is installed.

To rollback, you'd want to stop xbmc-live, unpack / copy the backup /usr directory, and replace the video database.

I've found the build I'm running is super stable and faster, so I didn't backup. Worst case scenario for me was that I was just going to re-install LIVE.

- nuane - 2011-02-27

steshell Wrote:Can any one point me in the right direction with this problem.

Upgaded skin to 2.7 and it was working fine. All of my media is stored on my NAS and my laptop connects via wireless.
I was running XBMC when my network went down and when I restarted it and went into my music library I got the 'Library Empty populate via the files window' message. I changed skins and all was working fine in every skin apart from this one.

So far I've tried:-

Uninstall and reinstall the skin
Populating the library - it seems to work but same result
Uninstalling and reinstalling XBMC
Deleting the Music db and repopulating
I've even done a system restore!!!

The strange thing is that if I press down on MUSIC on home menu and click ALBUMS all of my library is shown in showcase with all covers and fanart.

Everything else works fine - it's just MUSIC that's the problem.

Please help me get my life back!!!!

Steve

After digging through the xml josz found out you have to change
<onclick>ActivateWindow(MyMusic,return)</onclick>"
with
<onclick>ActivateWindow(Music)</onclick>
in the Includes_NormalMainMenu.xml (720p folder).
It solved my problem.

- eskro - 2011-02-27

[BUG ALERT?]

@MarcosQui:
Altho im late, Congratz on SKIN AEON MQ2 2.7.0!!

One thing i've noticed though,
when playing a Movie,
when i press the 'i' key
the Box Art appears at the left of the screen
along with other infos too...

But, when watching the trailer of that same movie,
when pressing the 'i' key
NO Box Art appears at the left of the screen...

Looks like a bug to me, what do u think?

thanks Smile

- steshell - 2011-02-27

nuane Wrote:After digging through the xml josz found out you have to change
<onclick>ActivateWindow(MyMusic,return)</onclick>"
with
<onclick>ActivateWindow(Music)</onclick>
in the Includes_NormalMainMenu.xml (720p folder).
It solved my problem.

Thanks for the suggestion but this didn't help.
All other Aeon based skins work ok so it's back so I'm stumped.

Steve

- nuane - 2011-02-27

@steshell Same behaviour after you changed the xml? Are you sure you changed the includes_normalmainmenu.xml from your aeon MQ2 folder? Are you using the Dx version of xbmc?

- Omegatron - 2011-02-27

Hi Macro,

I donated you some money, keep up the good work.

Ajedi

- steshell - 2011-02-27

nuane Wrote:@steshell Same behaviour after you changed the xml? Are you sure you changed the includes_normalmainmenu.xml from your aeon MQ2 folder? Are you using the Dx version of xbmc?

Yes I've made the changes, I'm using the latest nightly xbmc-r3df64e8-master.
The strange thing is that it all other skins I've tried work fine including other Aeon65 and Aeon nox.

Steve

- schnitzelbrain - 2011-02-27

deadwolfbones Wrote:The one in the pack in the OP.

Ok, its working after the update to weather+ 1.1.16

Will stay with this one for a while and not updateing Laugh

The 2.7.1 Patch from Mq2 I will do, is this a pach and the main download is still 2.7.0 or will the reposity will delivere 2.7.1 later on?

- d_hero - 2011-02-27

Hi Marcos
Are you still planning on releasing an update today?

- Alael - 2011-02-27

d_hero Wrote:Hi Marcos
Are you still planning on releasing an update today?

Patience... It's lunch time on Brazil right now. Then you have the afternoon nap and then the update Wink

Home Backdrop Black (bug?!?) - lupick - 2011-02-27

Dear All,

Today my tvsho backdrop in the xbmc home is black. I've purged all the skin setting, removed and reinstalled the skin but no luck.

do you have any idea??

Thank you
Luca

- eskro - 2011-02-27

hello lupick, i too been having black backdrops problems...
Actually since ever installing AEON MQ2 a couple of months ago...

I reported the bug, but, im not sure its been worked on...
However, i found alittle something...

Backdrops not showing are apparently because of a security application i have...
Sounds weird right? but it is Tongue

that application is named ShadowDefender ....
so after turning it off, i went ahead and re-install the skin completely to start fresh...
then changed the backdrops to my liking and finally,
i enabled ShadowDefender's protection again...