Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Aeon MQ 2 - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon MQ (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 2 (/showthread.php?tid=81601)

- SlaveUnit - 2011-03-13

eskro Wrote:WOW O.O AMAZING!!!

SUGGESTION
----------------------

how about an option to set a desired MP3 as ambient music in XBMC!??
MP3 would stop when somethings playing like Movies, Music or Trailers,
and would resume after playback is over!

good idea? Smile

This would probably be more if an XBMC feature request than a skin one. Or it might even be doable with a script.

- eskro - 2011-03-13

AEON MQ2 would rock with such a feature!!!
other skins dont have that and of course, XBMC itself doesnt!!
It would really set us aside from the rest Smile

- Peligrozo - 2011-03-13

Hey guys. I haven't upgraded XBMC for over a year but I decided to upgrade today. I found this skin and I love it, great job!

My only question so far is if it's possible to add a custom menu to one of the default menu options (such as adding a custom smart playlist menu item to the "Movies" menu). I know it'd be possible to make an all new "Movies" menu and customize that instead, but that would take much more time Smile

- Omegatron - 2011-03-13

Hi again!

Im probably slacking a bit bu i just found out there is a new version of XBMC, thats 10.1

@MarcosQui and or others: Will the new version of the skin be fully compatible with the new version of XBMC? Meaning can it do any harm (skinwise) if I update my XBMC?

thanx again!

- Peligrozo - 2011-03-13

Ajedi Wrote:Hi again!

Im probably slacking a bit bu i just found out there is a new version of XBMC, thats 10.1

@MarcosQui and or others: Will the new version of the skin be fully compatible with the new version of XBMC? Meaning can it do any harm (skinwise) if I update my XBMC?

thanx again!
I installed the latest "nightly" release of XBMC today and installed the latest version of MQ 2 on top of that and it doesn't seem like it's caused any problems.

- SlaveUnit - 2011-03-13

eskro Wrote:AEON MQ2 would rock with such a feature!!!
other skins dont have that and of course, XBMC itself doesnt!!
It would really set us aside from the rest Smile

Yeah I'm not really looking to set apart from other skins. This isn't some us vs them battle. As you may see down the line skins do dissolve. Authors don't always keep up with them due to other interests. I realize Marcos is very good with keeping up with his for the time being but so was djh (original Aeon author) in the beginning. Now he hasn't been involved in a long time. So it's better off to try and ask for the program to get the feature if you always want it in the future.

Just my thoughts...take them how you will because background audio it's not really even a feature I care for at the moment.

- Beer40oz - 2011-03-13

SlaveUnit Wrote:Yeah I'm not really looking to set apart from other skins. This isn't some us vs them battle. As you may see down the line skins do dissolve. Authors don't always keep up with them due to other interests. I realize Marcos is very good with keeping up with his for the time being but so was djh (original Aeon author) in the beginning. Now he hasn't been involved in a long time. So it's better off to try and ask for the program to get the feature if you always want it in the future.

Just my thoughts...take them how you will because background audio it's not really even a feature I care for at the moment.

A feature in AEON skin!! would make browsing through the menus and stuff super sweet with some music!! ..... and people who don't need it can turn it off. I would love to have a feature when XBMC starts at the MOVIES and not my PICTURES as it does at the moment.

- eskro - 2011-03-13

beer40oz Wrote:a feature in aeon skin!! Would make browsing through the menus and stuff super sweet with some music!! ..... And people who don't need it can turn it off.

+1 Smile

beer40oz Wrote:i would love to have a feature when xbmc starts at the movies and not my pictures as it does at the moment.

+1 Smile

Slow? - ezyb123 - 2011-03-13

MQ2 2.7 is a little bit slow for me in the menus - but I'm running it on a slowish computer and I have the full menu setting on.

BUT - I'm prepared to have the slight delays because the skin is stunning. If you want to have it faster - go to a less stunning skin and stop your whining.

I've recently moved over from Media Browser. And I can tell you - a slightly laggy menu is FAR better than slightly laggy video, slightly out of sync audio and codec troubleshooting. XBMC 10.1 and MQ2 2.7 make media browsing a walk in a very pretty park.

- SlaveUnit - 2011-03-13

You both are obviously missing the point of having it in the program and not the skin...but anyways...keep requesting more and more things the day before the new version comes out. Hell, why not right you aren't doing the coding.

- chippie - 2011-03-13

Not overly fussed about background music, guess it my be a nice touch. My 2 cents worth, perhaps being able to select a folder of mp3's rather than a single file may be better. Drop a few of your favorites in the folder or just one and then random and variety spring to mind.

Think we all understand that this was a request for a future release and not for the pending one.

- chippie - 2011-03-13

Peligrozo Wrote:I installed the latest "nightly" release of XBMC today and installed the latest version of MQ 2 on top of that and it doesn't seem like it's caused any problems.

Where did you ge the a nightly build from as I cannot see any out there since the 10.1 release a few days ago. Not positive but think the 10.1 release is the latest. Perhaps I am just looking in the wrong places.Nerd

RecentlyAdded Addons for GIT Version XBMC 11 - codename Eden - Wanilton - 2011-03-13

chippie Wrote:Am getting the same now with the latest builds from GIT. If you are using the 10.1 Dharma build you should be able to use the recentlyadded.py scrips in the addons.zip on the first page of this thread otherwise we just need to wait until it is fixed. Where did you get the a nightly build from as I cannot see any out there since the 10.1 release a few days ago. Not positive but think the 10.1 release is the latest. Perhaps I am just looking in the wrong places

Chippie, here is the recentlyadded addon ok for XBMC 11 (Eden), tested in last release 03.07.11 - r0222318.

Link for Last release XBMC Windows version 11 - 03/07/2011:
http://mirrors.xbmc.org/nightlies/win32/xbmc-r0222318-master.exe

Nightly builds will update your libraries to a version that is not backwards-compatible with Dharma. Backup first!

After installing XBMC version 11, testing to see if the recentlyadded working properly, if it is ok, no need to download the script recentlyadded below.

Link for download script recentlyadded only for version XBMC 11 (Eden) - via GIT:
http://github.com/downloads/Wanilton/VoxCommando/script.recentlyadded_post_Dharma.zip

Unzip here:
c:\Users\yourusername\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons

go to c:\ (or whatever your windows drive is)
go to Users
Go to "Your username" folder
In this folder is your appdata folder, but you wont see it cos its hidden, so press ALT, click tool, the folder options on the menu bar, click the view tab and check the box that says "show hidden files and folders", click ok and go out of that.
Now you should see appdata in the list.
Open Appdata
Open Roaming
Open XBMC
unzip the pack in folder addons
C:\Users\yourusername\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons

Replace yourusername by your name, in my case
C:\Users\Wanilton\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons

For XBMC Dharma, stable release 10.0, use recentlyadded files in the pack addons.zip in the first post
I have not tested the 10.1 version (last version Dharma - Stable), since I'm using a git version, so not sure it is okay to recentlyadded in the pack addons in the first post.
Just to tell that the new version skin AeonMQ 2.7.1 is ok too with new version XBMC Eden, no problems detected in all tests I did.

Link for XBMC Dharma 10.1 - windows last version - stable.
http://mirrors.xbmc.org/releases/win32/xbmc-10.1.exe

Done;Nod

Yes - Wanilton - 2011-03-13

ESCO1 Wrote:Hi Marcos,
Will this release include the ability to use and see the skin in its original design as you promised?
Here is a link (screenshot) from your site that shows the skin its in its original menu look no borders around the time/library count boxes http://www.marcosqui.com.br/miniaturas/theme_digitalart_screenshot001.jpg
THanks!

Esco, YES...this is ok in new version 2.7.1

READ THIS

New - Some structural changes and the skin is faster than ever - less delay, fewer slowdowns.
New - New view modes Showcase and Multiplex finalized, faster and better.
New - Mode Pro -for those who prefer the skin in its original form.
New - Menu and sub-menu "Cinema", in order to access the script Cinema Experience directly from the main menu.
New - Menu PseudoTV, a programming guide for your collection.
New - Weather Plus - Full Support with maps and alerts.

New implementations, given the requests:
- button to turn off the headings. THIS IS FOR IT NO BORDERS.
- button to play the trailer in full screen.
- button to turn off the audio controls on the main menu.
- navigation controls in the enhanced audio, you can now access the menu using the keyboard.
- Case Bluray in light blue.
- Case default in copper (sorry, but purple is not in harmony with the tone of the skin).

Originally Posted by eskro:
At XBMC startup, it used to land on MOVIES by default....
Now, it lands on PICTURES at startup....

Version 2.7.1 will be released today, in testing I did when entering the skin, the first item by default is Movies, that is to answer some questions raised in previous posts.

Nod

- chippie - 2011-03-13

Wanilton Wrote:Chippie, here is the recentlyadded addon ok for XBMC 11 (Eden), tested in last release 03.07.11 - r0222318.

Link for Last release XBMC Windows version 11 - 03/07/2011:
http://mirrors.xbmc.org/nightlies/win32/xbmc-r0222318-master.exe

Thanks, I had been using the nightly builds but was not aware thye were a sperate branch to Dharma, thought as the nightlys stopped on the 8th March that they just built up to the Dharma 10.1 release.