Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Aeon MQ 2 - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon MQ (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 2 (/showthread.php?tid=81601)

- chippie - 2011-04-18

Alael Wrote:Or you could press "s" on the main menu and have access to the settings menu again and undo the mess Big Grin

Edit: Chippie beat me to it!

:p

- boykster - 2011-04-18

I feel twotone's pain - my XBMC boxes don't have keyboards attached. Control is entirely by remote control, and admin is done via SSH / samba. I have settings disabled to keep my wife and any other users inadvertently messing up settings, so I mapped a button on my remote to go directly to settings....

- Tobas - 2011-04-18

This skin totally rock !!!!
But when i pause a movie, the OSD is not fitting my screen (its to large) can i change this ?

- Alael - 2011-04-18

@Boykster: Why don't you use kiosk mode?

- binaryjay - 2011-04-18

Another small nitpick on the current version. When you bring up onscreen keyboard (for example, to search), it defaults with the focus on the "back" button and I would prefer it to default to "done" so you can open it, type something, and press enter without having to manually move the cursor.

I'm not sure if this is a skin or an xbmc thing. After doing it one time, it seem susbsequent instantiations of the on screen keyboard default to where you left it.

- boykster - 2011-04-18

Alael Wrote:@Boykster: Why don't you use kiosk mode?

I do - I also have the settings main menu item hidden. Unless you know the secret keystroke to get into settings, you can't change anything Wink

- wouterdt - 2011-04-18

Tobas Wrote:This skin totally rock !!!!
But when i pause a movie, the OSD is not fitting my screen (its to large) can i change this ?

You probably have some overscan. Try to find an option in your TV's settings to correct this (setting the input type to PC Mode on a philips TV for instance). If there is no option in your TV to correct overscan you can calibrate XBMC in the video settings.

- juitzhead - 2011-04-19

Hello,
I'm a new 2 week old user to XBMC. I installed the Aeon MQ2 skin yesterday and it looks fantastic!
I want to start personalizing it a bit, but I have a slight problem. Whenever I select the "Styles" menu (which I have no idea what it does) or the "Settings -> Main Menu" option, XBMC completely closes and takes me to the O/S desktop.
I'm running it on Ubuntu 10.10 on an Acer Revo 3700.
What further info can i provide to help you help me? Remember, I'm a complete rookie user so you're gonna have to point me in the right direction.

Cheers!!!

- shadetree - 2011-04-19

This skin is working just beautifully on a new install of XBMC except in the settings menu, the art work is missing or may sometimes appear for only a second when selecting a setting then gone.

Ideas?

- Tobas - 2011-04-19

wouterdt Wrote:You probably have some overscan. Try to find an option in your TV's settings to correct this (setting the input type to PC Mode on a philips TV for instance). If there is no option in your TV to correct overscan you can calibrate XBMC in the video settings.

Thanks,
I didnt know that you also must adjust the overscan in a video !
I adjusted the normal XBMC menu overscan, and now also the movie overscan.

- marv_el - 2011-04-19

@tobas: you don't have to do it for every single video. it's only necessary for the different refresh rates (60, 50, 25,...).

- Tobas - 2011-04-19

marv_el Wrote:@tobas: you don't have to do it for every single video. it's only necessary for the different refresh rates (60, 50, 25,...).

i know, but thanks for the tip

- Palalisimo - 2011-04-19

Great skin! my favorite by far!

I use multiplex and have some extrathumbs that look great in this view, but I would really like to see only one big extra thumb instead of 2 or 4 small ones, is this layout possible?

Thanks!

- MarcosQui - 2011-04-19

Attention translators, I'm included in the group of skin, the translators - assets - which are not donators. It's a way to thank the cooperation.

If you are interested send me a PM informing the translation you did.

Attention donators, look at the new post in our group, good news.

- Palalisimo - 2011-04-20

Palalisimo Wrote:Great skin! my favorite by far!

I use multiplex and have some extrathumbs that look great in this view, but I would really like to see only one big extra thumb instead of 2 or 4 small ones, is this layout possible?

Thanks!

Would this be really hard to add to MQ2?
Marcosqui I really love the skin, when using multiplex, I put the timer to show the info after 3 seconds which is really cool, Im using the fanart layout and what is not so cool for me, is showing the same image in the background and in the info panel, I would love to show a big extrathumb instead,

Is there any easy way to acomplish this? I think it would be a nice layout.

Thanks a lot! I will donate when I have the means Nod