Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Aeon MQ 2 - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon MQ (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 2 (/showthread.php?tid=81601)

- binaryjay - 2011-04-28

chippie Wrote:Under Settings\Video\File Lists make sure you have the option "Extract Thumbnails and Video Information" enabled.

You should never really have anything that lacks a thumb, if you find you do and the above does not help try using something like Ember Media Mnager or Media Companion which will download the relevant thumbs for you from TVDB and store them locally with your shows along with information about the show which can be read directly in to XBMC.

I'll try it, but out of curiosity, where are the thumbnails/video information "extracted" from? Thing is, the shows in list view all have thumbnails for each episode showing a frame from the actual video in most cases but this is not carried over to the info screen while playing.

Edit: Yes, I confirmed I already have that option enabled (hence, I suppose, why the episodes have thumbs in the list). Yet, that thumb is an empty glass overlay in the info screen.

- lewisc - 2011-04-28

Same problem here. "Extract Thumbnails and Video Information" is also enabled.

- chippie - 2011-04-28

binaryjay Wrote:I'll try it, but out of curiosity, where are the thumbnails/video information "extracted" from? Thing is, the shows in list view all have thumbnails for each episode showing a frame from the actual video in most cases but this is not carried over to the info screen while playing.

Edit: Yes, I confirmed I already have that option enabled (hence, I suppose, why the episodes have thumbs in the list). Yet, that thumb is an empty glass overlay in the info screen.

Can you provide a screenshot, mine seem ok. Do you have posters and fanart for all yout TVShows? Also what version of XBMC are you running?

Thanks.

- binaryjay - 2011-04-28

chippie Wrote:Can you provide a screenshot, mine seem ok. Do you have posters and fanart for all yout TVShows? Also what version of XBMC are you running?

Thanks.

I'm away from the PC, but maybe someone else can send a screenshot. Nothing much to see, really. The info screen (i during playback), where the thumb is normally displayed in the bottom left corner is empty except for a glass like overlay that provides the "sheen" to the image.

I have fanart and thumb for all of the shows, and each of the shows has the image on the listview on the bottom right corner showing a screencap of the show.

I'm using Dharma 10.1 under Ubuntu 11.04 (but the problem was the same with 10.10, not that such a thing would be related to this anyway).

P.S. This part is working correctly to show the thumb/poster during playback of movies.

Every once in a while, XBMC crashes with the following log:
http://textsave.de/?p=60238

There are some skin specific messages in there, though it seems to usually happen after a library update.

09:48:10 T:140080734160992 M:7479529472 WARNING: Skin has invalid include: ExtraThumbsInfoValue
19:33:09 T:140080734160992 M:7556943872 WARNING: Skin has invalid include: BackgroundVarsSignOut1080
18:38:49 T:140080734160992 M:7811649536 ERROR: Error evaluating boolean expression Skin.HasSetting(lowermainmenu) + [Skin.HasSetting(highertotals) | Control.IsVisible(1555)

- Krazypoloc - 2011-04-28

binaryjay Wrote:I'm away from the PC, but maybe someone else can send a screenshot. Nothing much to see, really. The info screen (i during playback), where the thumb is normally displayed in the bottom left corner is empty except for a glass like overlay that provides the "sheen" to the image.

I have fanart and thumb for all of the shows, and each of the shows has the image on the listview on the bottom right corner showing a screencap of the show.

I'm using Dharma 10.1 under Ubuntu 11.04 (but the problem was the same with 10.10, not that such a thing would be related to this anyway).

P.S. This part is working correctly to show the thumb/poster during playback of movies.

There are some skin specific messages in there, though it seems to usually happen after a library update.

I've seen this before as well....the thumb shows with all movies and some TV shows, even though all TV Shows have the artwork...

- chippie - 2011-04-28

binaryjay Wrote:I'm away from the PC, but maybe someone else can send a screenshot. Nothing much to see, really. The info screen (i during playback), where the thumb is normally displayed in the bottom left corner is empty except for a glass like overlay that provides the "sheen" to the image.

09:48:10 T:140080734160992 M:7479529472 WARNING: Skin has invalid include: ExtraThumbsInfoValue
19:33:09 T:140080734160992 M:7556943872 WARNING: Skin has invalid include: BackgroundVarsSignOut1080
18:38:49 T:140080734160992 M:7811649536 ERROR: Error evaluating boolean expression Skin.HasSetting(lowermainmenu) + [Skin.HasSetting(highertotals) | Control.IsVisible(1555)

Was just referring to the version of XBMC not Ubuntu as the current 2.7 versions of the skin do not support the nighty Eden builds, just trying to establish what could be causing this. I cannot recreate this running under Windows7 and the 10.1 builds or the 11 builds. I consistently get the thumb displaying.

Is this a random thing or does it happen to specific shows/episodes if so are there any differences in thumbnail size for the culprits?

Krazypoloc, are you running on Ubuntu also?

It may be worth waiting for v2.8.0 of the skin to be released this weekend and seeing if the problem persists.

- binaryjay - 2011-04-28

chippie Wrote:Was just referring to the version of XBMC not Ubuntu as the current 2.7 versions of the skin do not support the nighty Eden builds, just trying to establish what could be causing this. I cannot recreate this running under Windows7 and the 10.1 builds or the 11 builds. I consistently get the thumb displaying.

Is this a random thing or does it happen to specific shows/episodes if so are there any differences in thumbnail size for the culprits?

It may be worth waiting for v2.8.0 of the skin to be released this weekend and seeing if the problem persists.

It seems it occurs for every single TV episode, not any specific ones. All have been scraped by thetvdb. At any rate, it's not a big deal. It just looks weird. The most annoying thing with 2.7 (unsure if it's skin related) is that the onscreen keyboard always defaults to having focus on the "back" button so when I bring it up and start typing and press enter, it doesn't submit my input but rather moves the cursor back instead and I have to manually move the focus to "done".

- Krazypoloc - 2011-04-28

chippie Wrote:Was just referring to the version of XBMC not Ubuntu as the current 2.7 versions of the skin do not support the nighty Eden builds, just trying to establish what could be causing this. I cannot recreate this running under Windows7 and the 10.1 builds or the 11 builds. I consistently get the thumb displaying.

Nope running Windows 7.

I can test when I get home and see if it is in fact consistent across the same show or if its just random. From what I remember though it is just random. Also I am symlinking my thumbnails folder to a server share for sync purposes, IDK if that makes a difference or not though.

- tonigb - 2011-04-28

Hi Marcos, I have been testing the latest RC2 and still have the problem in the TV series, when I use the theme LANDSCAPE and MULTIPLEX, and select the episode that information out on request, by pressing up, then flip the menu side, is a failure that comes from earlier versions

thanks

- MarcosQui - 2011-04-28

Bugs in RC only in the group of skin please, and if possible show a screenshot with the problem.

Thank you.

- MarcosQui - 2011-04-29

binaryjay Wrote:...The info screen (i during playback), where the thumb is normally displayed in the bottom left corner is empty except for a glass like overlay that provides the "sheen" to the image.

This was fixed in RC3 that will be published today for the donators and 'if everything goes as planned', tomorrow for all users. Wink

- Zeppo - 2011-04-29

Tomorrow 2.80, good to hear! I donated some time ago but missed the whole preview angle... Again great work on the whole thing, keep doing what you do man!

- MarcosQui - 2011-04-29

Donator? Please send me a PM with the address used for the donation that I can send the invitation to the group of skin, so, you have access to version RC before other users.

- binaryjay - 2011-04-29

MarcosQui Wrote:This was fixed in RC3 that will be published today for the donators and 'if everything goes as planned', tomorrow for all users. Wink

Great, thank you!

- lewisc - 2011-04-30

I am looking forward to the public release of this today. Can't wait for the update! Big Grin