Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Aeon MQ 2 - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon MQ (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 2 (/showthread.php?tid=81601)

- Zaxxan - 2011-05-01

supermax Wrote:Hey marcos, first off the new features are awsome!! Love the coverflow in music. Quick question. Where are themes saved to. When I self extract them they get placed in colors not themes section under the settings menu? Is that the correct place? If not where do I manually place them? I can't seem to figure it out, the themes won't change.
Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

You have to install them into the media folder where the textures.xbt is located

- Milhouse - 2011-05-01

With 2.8.1 I get a brief "black" screen (for up to 2 or 3 seconds) when focusing on the Movies menu item, eg. when sliding across from TV Shows to Movies, or when exiting from Movies back to the Movies main menu item.

I don't get the black screen when focusing on TV Shows or when exiting back to the top level menu from TV Shows - this is a problem only when focusing on the Movies menu item.

I have changed the default Movies backdrop from Olivia Wilde to the pre 2.7.0 TRON lightcycle, could that have anything to do with it?

It's not a major problem, but it would be nice if it didn't black out.

Since I had a problem upgrading to 2.8.1 I have downloaded the zip and installed 2.8.1 from scratch.

- johnmerrick - 2011-05-01

where is the link for 2.8.1? my xbmc has crashed on me.

thanks

- Milhouse - 2011-05-01

johnmerrick Wrote:where is the link for 2.8.1? my xbmc has crashed on me.

thanks

See the first post for links - you can download the Zip from Marcos's site.

already been there. can only see a link for 2.7.1 on the downloads page

- Milhouse - 2011-05-01

johnmerrick Wrote:already been there. can only see a link for 2.7.1 on the downloads page

Maybe refresh your browser cache.

Marcos's site -> Downloads -> "Skin Aeon MQ2 - Zip File version 2.8.1"

(I don't mean to be an @rse and not give you a direct link, it's just that the direct links change/break and having important links in the first post as a reference is useful).

thanks. updated via the repo.

kept all my settings too which is a relief!

- Alz2605 - 2011-05-01

Joe4TheRecord Wrote:Great update, as always. I have one issue though. How do I remove "Aeon MQ 2" from the shortcuts menu? It doesn't give me the option in the settings. Does anyone really adjust their skin settings enough to warrant a shortcut on the main menu?

I'd like an answer to this too please.

- Alael - 2011-05-01

Alz2605 Wrote:I'd like an answer to this too please.

You remove it like any other menu item - APPEARANCE / MAIN MENU / DISABLE (I'm not sure these are the exact names in English).

- Alz2605 - 2011-05-01

Alael Wrote:You remove it like any other menu item - APPEARANCE / MAIN MENU / DISABLE (I'm not sure these are the exact names in English).

You don't get that option unfortunately with this menu item.

- Simple - 2011-05-01

Alz2605 Wrote:You don't get that option unfortunately with this menu item.

Yes you do... Or at least I do.

I still don't know how to do what I asked a few pages back. Which was: how can I make one menu item open up directly to the file listing of one particular source? Is that even possible? It goes to the library view of it currently, which is not helpful at all.

The reason for this is that the folder contains ~100 music DVD iso's which I have manually ripped myself. I don't know how to scrape the information for these files (Nor know if there is even a database containing music DVD info, IMDB doesn't list them). I currently have them set under the Music Video category, which results in random songs being listed when in library mode - completely useless really. So I either need to automatically have it go to normal file view, or find a way to organise these iso's better. Suggestions?

- solidsatras - 2011-05-01

@Alz2605
Sure you do. Worked for me.

Settings -> Aeon MQ 2 -> Shortcuts -> Navigate to the unwanted item and disable it.

- Alz2605 - 2011-05-01

solidsatras Wrote:@Alz2605
Sure you do. Worked for me.

Settings -> Aeon MQ 2 -> Shortcuts -> Navigate to the unwanted item and disable it.

How strange? It's simply not there with me!

- wouterdt - 2011-05-01

Alz2605 Wrote:How strange? It's simply not there with me!

Can you post a screenshot of how it does look for you?

- yabbah - 2011-05-01

Is it just me, or does the new version of Aeon MQ2 cause that it never show the "viewed" flag?

I have that enabled in the option, but even if I check a movie or anything from the video-library (haven't tried from movie-library) it never show up that viewed-mark.
Kinda annoying. :/