Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Aeon MQ 2 - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon MQ (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 2 (/showthread.php?tid=81601)

- master345 - 2010-12-25

this is the best SKIN available! +1 for spectrex comment.

- Ogi010 - 2010-12-25

I somehow managed to screw up the information panel on the movies section. I can't figure out how to get to the layout selector (it currently has the text with two windows, both of which are blank). In my TV show section, it has just one window with the fanart, and I'm trying to get it back to that layout but for the life of me I can't figure out where the layout selector is.

Any help is greatly appreciated Big Grin

cd case - Wanilton - 2010-12-25

Quick question, how did you get that CD case for you posters to appear in Showcase?

Look here, panel in movies..

- MarcosQui - 2010-12-25

t2ffn Wrote:I've installed this update, haven't tweaked it all yet so its still running a little slow, but I don't seem to have the red bar above the menu bar. Has this made it to 2.6? I like it, and would like to fix it if I should be seeing it Oo

Thanks, great skin

Only in version 2.6.0, you only need to choose the Style Darkness.

About the delay is curious to me the version 2.6.0 is faster than 2.5.0, but I want to enjoy and make a search:

- Everyone knows that the introduction of super menu customization left the skin more slowly, we can have up to 35 (10 fav + 10 vplaylist + 10 aplaylist + 5 script) new menus and up to 310 new submenus. No skin has it.

Questions:

It is an exaggerated number?
It would be better to reduce it by half (5 fav + 5 vplaylist + 5 aplaylist + 5 script) and gain more speed in navigation?

You decide.

- BDPNA - 2010-12-25

Is anyone else getting error messages trying to install the exe style files in the first post? They seem to download OK but I get CRC error messages when I run the EXE files. Text is in French so I can't interpret the rest (sorry Marcos Wink )

- Zaxxan - 2010-12-25

MarcosQui Wrote:About the delay is curious to me the version 2.6.0 is faster than 2.5.0, but I want to enjoy and make a search:

- Everyone knows that the introduction of super menu customization left the skin more slowly, we can have up to 35 (10 + 10 fav playlist + 10 vplaylits + 5 script) new menus and up to 310 new submenus. No skin has it.

Questions:

It would be better to reduce it by half (5 fav + 5 vplaylist + 5 aplaylist + 5 script) and gain more speed in navigation?

You decide.

Hi Marcos,

This new skin looks fantastic but the delay is too long on my ion 330. If the delay is such that people aren't sure if it is working or not (my wife) then it is too long.

I think I would prefer more speed and less customistation,

Have a good Christmas and thanks for the best Aeon skin Cool

- SlaveUnit - 2010-12-25

MarcosQui Wrote:Only in version 2.6.0, you only need to choose the Style Darkness.

About the delay is curious to me the version 2.6.0 is faster than 2.5.0, but I want to enjoy and make a search:

- Everyone knows that the introduction of super menu customization left the skin more slowly, we can have up to 35 (10 fav + 10 vplaylist + 10 aplaylist + 5 script) new menus and up to 310 new submenus. No skin has it.

Questions:

You decide.

I would say dividing it into half would be enough.

- Marvel - 2010-12-25

Zaxxan Wrote:Hi Marqos,

This new skin looks fantastic but the delay is too long on my ion 330. If the delay is such that people aren't sure if it is working or not (my wife) then it is too long.

I think I would prefer more speed and less customistation,

Have a good Christmas and thanks for the best Aeon skin Cool

Yep I agree Sad.

The latest versions have taken a serious nose dive in speed compared to the first versions released, this in my opinion was one of the great great things about your version of aeon.

It's when you actually go into a section i.e Movies I get a hang of about 2-3 secs(or very noticable).

Back to another skin gutted!!

M.

- t2ffn - 2010-12-25

MarcosQui Wrote:Questions:

You decide.

Would halving the number of menus double the speed? Is it easy for you to test this?
Can they be 'disabled' by the user same as view types to increase navigation speed?

I think what you have done is great, moved Aeon ahead leaps and bounds, but it needs to stay usable. I for one would be happy to disable many of the custom areas to increase speed.

Also, why is it when entering TV shows for example, it does hang? This occured before any customisation, but why? Is the code running in the background even though it is not being used? I am no skinner or coder, so forgive my ignorance as to the root of the slow down, even if not using the new functions.

Thanks

- hydog - 2010-12-25

I would agree - the length of delay on my zbox id-11 is 2-4 seconds on TV and Movies...
Great skin - but frustrating to wait...

t2ffn Wrote:Would halving the number of menus double the speed? Is it easy for you to test this?
Can they be 'disabled' by the user same as view types to increase navigation speed?

I think what you have done is great, moved Aeon ahead leaps and bounds, but it needs to stay usable. I for one would be happy to disable many of the custom areas to increase speed.

Also, why is it when entering TV shows for example, it does hang? This occured before any customisation, but why? Is the code running in the background even though it is not being used? I am no skinner or coder, so forgive my ignorance as to the root of the slow down, even if not using the new functions.

Thanks

- master345 - 2010-12-25

i upgraded to a dev version of xbmc and its now 2 seconds rather than 8 secs.

maybe marcos is using a dev version?

- MarcosQui - 2010-12-25

t2ffn Wrote:Also, why is it when entering TV shows for example, it does hang? This occured before any customisation, but why? Is the code running in the background even though it is not being used?
Thanks

Like I said before, for me there is no delay, speed to enter or leave the collection remains the same. 2 or 3 seconds is quite normal when dealing with Aeon.

I have not changed anything in or out of the collections from version 2.5.1 to 2.6.0. The only thing that might be causing delay is the plugin TvTunes but it was already present in version 2.5.1

I will investigate the problem further to see if I can find a solution. Reduce the number of menus will not change the time to go into a collection. Again, 2 or 3 seconds for the Aeon is absolutely normal, no good will that it is as fast as the Confluence because it will not happen.

Just to clarify, I use version 10 final Dharma in a clean installation.

- t2ffn - 2010-12-25

Just to throw fuel on the fire, I have just installed Aeon65 and going into and out of the TV shows or Movies results in around 6secs of black screen.

I am on Revo 3610 running 10.0 final release XBMC Live.

- stoli - 2010-12-26

For all those experiencing long delays, I've often found with the various flavors of Aeon that deleting the guisettings.xml and starting fresh can lead to quite an improvement. There are so many options that can get set and and changed over time and revisions that there is just a lot of clutter in the file.

You can always make a backup of the file in case there is no improvement and you don't want to have to adjust your settings again.

- ericminou - 2010-12-26

Just a fyi. I did a completely fresh install of XBMC 10.0 and the skin (no other plugins or skins). Added my video libraries (about 500 mkv) and I did not see any improvements. The delay on my ION system running win7 32 is still about 8s to get into the video collection. I then installed the Back Row skin and it takes about 1-2 seconds to get to the movies.