Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] MCERemote Addon - MCE Remote Control Plugin for XBMC on Windows - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] MCERemote Addon - MCE Remote Control Plugin for XBMC on Windows (/showthread.php?tid=81687)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

- Prizm4 - 2010-12-20

ok thank you for the plugin, though I'm having a little trouble with it:

I've got it installed on Windows 7. I have run XBMC 10.0 as Administrator in order to install the addon, and I have attempted to make a couple changes to the remote setup. I have reset the PC.

Basically nothing has changed.

Out of the box, my official MCE remote operates with basic functions in XBMC without any additional software/plugins. With the MCERemote addon, I have not noticed a change. For instance, if I press the I (info) button on the remote, it won't bring up the context menu like the addon says it should.

I have had to use EventGhost to get a couple buttons working properly, but it would be nice if I can eliminate EG from the equation.

Also, in the event that I can get the plugin running, what's the command to disable subtitles and/or cycle through subtitles? Thanks.

- stax76 - 2010-12-24

Thanks for the plugin.

I think in WMC the info button opens a context menu, with your plugin the only way I found to open the context menu is changing the config to make it send the keystroke 'c'.

The windows button by default uses ctrl-shift-w, this will close Firefox when active! ctrl-alt-w might be a better choice because apparently ctrl-alt are the preferred modifiers for global system keyboard shortcuts.

In WMC if you press the windows button and WMC is already running and active it will navigate to the start/home screen, I guess your plugin is able to do this and it's not too hard to config, may I still ask for a little hint or will this be added in the future?

Philips remote not working anymore - wolverine - 2010-12-29

Hi,

I've succesfully running XBMC 1.0 on Windows XP. I'm using the Philips MCE remote control which was working almost perfectly. But after installing and trying the MCERemote add-on some functions of the remote control were not working anymore. I did apply the restore function of the add-on but it has no effect.

I did an uninstall of the add-on but the the functionality of the remote control did stay affected. Also after a complete remove of XBMC and the personal data directory and installing a fresh installation, the remote control did not work properly anymore. Also I did a hardware uninstall of the remote receiver and clear the registry entry of the key mapping.

Please could somebody help me solve this problem. Somehow some changes are changed by the add-on and could not be reset anymore.

Thank you. Greetings,
John

- sajberman - 2011-01-04

I have used this addon with XBMC 10 and it worked great but then i did a "mistake"? and wanted to use the green windows button to start up xbmc in windows. I read about it in elitegamer360 guide and executed elitegamers 1.24 script. I guess i did something wrong because after that windows mediacenter always starts when pressing the windows green button. I have tried to reinstalled the mceremote addon but without luck. Could you please help me to get the correct configuration of the windows button, jhsrennie or elitegamer360.

- elitegamer360 - 2011-01-04

sajberman Wrote:I have used this addon with XBMC 10 and it worked great but then i did a "mistake"? and wanted to use the green windows button to start up xbmc in windows. I read about it in elitegamer360 guide and executed elitegamers 1.24 script. I guess i did something wrong because after that windows mediacenter always starts when pressing the windows green button. I have tried to reinstalled the mceremote addon but without luck. Could you please help me to get the correct configuration of the windows button, jhsrennie or elitegamer360.

You probably installed my registry configuration v1.24 but missed the Green Start Button instructions. My latest config will launch MCE if you do not use the setup as described here

Cheers,
EG.

- sajberman - 2011-01-04

Yes my fault! I should have read your excellent guide more carefully Smile.
I recently changed to xbmc from mce and still learning, the remote works really well in xbmc.
I am still a bit confused about the difference between your remote setup hack and the JRs mceremote addon. But i guess that both basically do the same thing but in different ways.

- elitegamer360 - 2011-01-04

sajberman Wrote:Yes my fault! I should have read your excellent guide more carefully Smile.
I recently changed to xbmc from mce and still learning, the remote works really well in xbmc.
I am still a bit confused about the difference between your remote setup hack and the JRs mceremote addon. But i guess that both basically do the same thing but in different ways.

My setup is a complete custom configuration for the remote so all the buttons will do an action in XBMC. The plugin is a good tool to give you basic setup and help you change remote buttons from within XBMC If you wish to do so.

When you have time read my site introduction and see remapping options and you will figure out the purpose of my setup. :-)

Cheers,
EG.

- wingzfan - 2011-01-06

Ok Ive spent the past 4 hours trying to get this working to no avail. Hopefully someone can help. Heres my setup:

XBMC 10
Harmony 550 remote set as mce remote
mce ir receiver

Everything on the remote works perfect except I cannot get the movie detals (context menu) to come up no matter what I try. All I want to do is make the info button on my remote pull up the movie details when highlighting a movie. The MCE remote add on doesnt do anything for me. Ive changed the info button through the add on to C, changed my remotes guide button to # and changed the # in the mce add on to C. I get nothing. Tried editing the xml files to make the info and /or # button pull up C but still nada.

Can someone please help with this before I go nuts?

- odt_x - 2011-01-11

I'm looking into ditching my eventghost/xbmc plugin setup for this and have 2 questions (sorry, couldn't find any guide about the new addon):

1) will it work with xbmc out of focus
2) how can i start/stop xbmc from the remote

- elitegamer360 - 2011-01-11

odt_x Wrote:I'm looking into ditching my eventghost/xbmc plugin setup for this and have 2 questions (sorry, couldn't find any guide about the new addon):

1) will it work with xbmc out of focus
2) how can i start/stop xbmc from the remote

1) NO plugin or registry setup will work when xbmc is out of focus, you can always bring it back to focus though using my Green start button script available with instructions on my site.

2) You can use the addon to assign the Green Start button with a keyboard combination and have a shortcut on the desktop that will start XBMC, but using a desktop shortcut won't bring back xbmc to focus etc. As I said above you can use the XBMC addon and use my method from my site it will give you the best experience you will ever want.

Links on my sig.

@ Wingzfan: you probably gone nuts by now and it's too late to make you sane again! that's why I'm posting this because you can't read it Laugh :p

Cheers,
EG.

- bluenote - 2011-01-11

I find showkey.exe is a help troubleshooting.

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Using_an_MCE_remote_control_in_Windows

http://xbmcmce.sourceforge.net/

- odt_x - 2011-01-11

elitegamer360 Wrote:1) NO plugin or registry setup will work when xbmc is out of focus, you can always bring it back to focus though using my Green start button script available with instructions on my site.

2) You can use the addon to assign the Green Start button with a keyboard combination and have a shortcut on the desktop that will start XBMC, but using a desktop shortcut won't bring back xbmc to focus etc. As I said above you can use the XBMC addon and use my method from my site it will give you the best experience you will ever want.

Thanks for the reply, was afraid that might be the case. As I have people working on the desktop or browsing the web while XBMC is running on demand on the TV LCD, I will have to keep using EG for input from remote.

Win7 64bit problem - Teepee - 2011-01-14

Hi there,

I'm using the 1.1.15 downloaded from Dharma 10.0 and got exactly the same problem as Prizm4. MCERemote installs just fine but doesn't make any changes! Tried restarting / launching in Admin and getting nowhere. Is there an up-to-date vanilla keyboard.xml I could try to force it?!

Wondering also - is the problem with Dharma or MCERemote (or.. admittedly possibly User..) as read earlier in the thread and elsewhere that 'official' WinMCE remotes should work out of the box.

Thank you!

- elitegamer360 - 2011-01-14

Teepee Wrote:Hi there,

I'm using the 1.1.15 downloaded from Dharma 10.0 and got exactly the same problem as Prizm4. MCERemote installs just fine but doesn't make any changes! Tried restarting / launching in Admin and getting nowhere. Is there an up-to-date vanilla keyboard.xml I could try to force it?!

Wondering also - is the problem with Dharma or MCERemote (or.. admittedly possibly User..) as read earlier in the thread and elsewhere that 'official' WinMCE remotes should work out of the box.

Thank you!

I am not sure what you or prizm4 expect of the plugin! Did you read JR's first post?

The add-on is super functional and nothing wrong with it.

People should always read first OP's post before asking questions.

Regards,
EG.

- Teepee - 2011-01-14

Hi EG,

Yup - read the whooole thread from the first post last night - always do. Read the development and saw how a similar sounding problem was reported as a bug early on and then fixed in a later release (Win7 64bit thing - should have put that's what i'm running in my earlier post) - so my question is as it was earlier. My official remote does the basic functions. I've installed MCEremote to get the other buttons working but it doesn't seem to make any difference. Sounds like prizm4 and I are both getting the same problem.

If anyone can help it'd be really appreciated!