Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] MCERemote Addon - MCE Remote Control Plugin for XBMC on Windows - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] MCERemote Addon - MCE Remote Control Plugin for XBMC on Windows (/showthread.php?tid=81687)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

- StarChild - 2011-05-24

Yes, go in to 'Configure MCERemote settings' and choose any key and set it to "c". Apply settings and reboot. Done.

- rjonesdj - 2011-05-25

StarChild Wrote:Yes, go in to 'Configure MCERemote settings' and choose any key and set it to "c". Apply settings and reboot. Done.

fantastic! and wow that was easy!
thanks very much for your swift and helpful response!

- adda - 2011-05-28

Hello,

i am new here in the forum as well.

I am using a MCE remote control from Xtreamer Ultra at Windows 7 (64bit). After installing MCERemote and applying current settings to remote all works fine with the exeption of the play/pause button. This button does not pause a video now and starts Windows Media Center. Restoring old settings brings no success, the play/pause button is now without function in XBMC.

Do you have a solution for that problem ?

Best regards

Andreas

- zuignapje - 2011-06-01

I have a problem with my power button, when i remap some buttons with this addon and choose to save it (and reboot), my power button isnt working anymore. Im not ably to put my htpc in hibernate anymore, it just doenst do anything.

When i restore the settings to Microsofts default, and reboot ofcourse, it does work again. The setting for the power button in the addons configuration is in both situations blank. It seems like im the only one with this problem Sad

- nunovi - 2011-06-02

Hi,

Still haven't managed to get the MCE specific keys to work with XBMC on Windows 7 64 bit. For example, I've mapped the guide key to context menu but it still launches WMC. I've started XBMC as administrator and rebooted after the changes but still no joy. I use a standard MCE Remote from Hauppauge.

Any idea how I can troubleshoot this?

Thanks,

Nuno

- rjonesdj - 2011-06-06

im trying to map a button on my remote to the 'tab' key so that it goes to the now playing item.
however, when configuring; pressing the tab key, or entering the text 'tab' doesnt seem to work. anyone know the exact syntax needed to use this key as a remote function? thanks

- bluenote - 2011-06-10

It seems like this "steps on" whatever info is in the reportmappingtable key, rather than preserving anything thats there that is not understood. I only discovered this after hours of playing around and then learning about the registry key and doing a manual compare myself.

Mind you, Im not saying I understand perfectly, so maybe I'm mistaken.
But I did observe my default win7 report mapping table losing some keys,
particularily for the (I think) discrete sleep/wake buttons. Which are important
if you're using a harmony and don't want to get the power state out of sync often.

John, do you agree? Is there any chance you can preserve keys that the app is not aware of? (or just add these two?)

Oops. Im using an HP IR receiver.

In particular the two missing are:
Code:
29,00,00,00,03,83,00,\ ;
2a,00,00,00,03,82,00\ ;

EDIT: It turns out the wiki lists these http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Using_a_Microsoft_remote_control_in_Windows

thanks!

- JohnDoe1 - 2011-06-16

I'm trying to configure my remote to open XBMC when I press a certain button on my remote. At the moment the main buttons work like, play, pause etc., the number buttons and the directional pad.

There is a button which shows a Home and when I press that it opens Windows Media Centre. I also have colour buttons that also open Windows Media Centre in relevant section i.e. Music/Photo/Video and DVD depending on the colour.

I'm trying to map these buttons to open XBMC but don't know how as when I use showkey.exe to see what shortcuts the are using, nothing shows up as the shortcut.

Any ideas?

- elitegamer360 - 2011-06-16

JohnDoe1 Wrote:I'm trying to configure my remote to open XBMC when I press a certain button on my remote. At the moment the main buttons work like, play, pause etc., the number buttons and the directional pad.

There is a button which shows a Home and when I press that it opens Windows Media Centre. I also have colour buttons that also open Windows Media Centre in relevant section i.e. Music/Photo/Video and DVD depending on the colour.

I'm trying to map these buttons to open XBMC but don't know how as when I use showkey.exe to see what shortcuts the are using, nothing shows up as the shortcut.

Any ideas?

What Remote are you using? What Operating system are you using?

if you have an RC6 remote and vista or windows 7 then use this setup, easiest configuration ever for MCE "ehome" remotes! This page has a picture at the bottom that tells you what each button does. if you use Windows XP see this instead. Any questions then see this thread.

Cheers,
EG.

- JohnDoe1 - 2011-06-17

elitegamer360 Wrote:What Remote are you using? What Operating system are you using?

if you have an RC6 remote and vista or windows 7 then use this setup, easiest configuration ever for MCE "ehome" remotes! This page has a picture at the bottom that tells you what each button does. if you use Windows XP see this instead. Any questions then see this thread.

Cheers,
EG.

I'm not sure what my remote is. It looks like this one and underneath the IR receiver it says it's a XPC-RC01 so I don't know if it's a RC6 remote or not.

I'm using Windows 7.

I saw your scripts but I wasn't sure if it was compatible with my remote as in my device manager it doesn't say it's "eHome" and as your scripts require registry stuff I haven't taken the risk yet. Do you think There's any harm in trying it?

- elitegamer360 - 2011-06-17

JohnDoe1 Wrote:I'm not sure what my remote is. It looks like this one and underneath the IR receiver it says it's a XPC-RC01 so I don't know if it's a RC6 remote or not.

I'm using Windows 7.

I saw your scripts but I wasn't sure if it was compatible with my remote as in my device manager it doesn't say it's "eHome" and as your scripts require registry stuff I haven't taken the risk yet. Do you think There's any harm in trying it?

I see! I'm afraid your remote is not configurable. What you can do is use showkey.exe then press the buttons you want to configure and showkey should show what every key sends. Make a note of the buttons you want to use then modify your keyboard.xml as required. This should help you map the buttons to keyboard.xml "See Section R2"

cheers,
EG.

- JohnDoe1 - 2011-06-17

elitegamer360 Wrote:I see! I'm afraid your remote is not configurable. What you can do is use showkey.exe then press the buttons you want to configure and showkey should show what every key sends. Make a note of the buttons you want to use then modify your keyboard.xml as required. This should help you map the buttons to keyboard.xml "See Section R2"

cheers,
EG.

Thanks for your reply and help. Unfortunately, I have already tried showkeys and it doesn't show anything. I open up showkeys and press the 'Home' key and all it does is open Windows Media Centre! Nothing shows in showkeys, same with my clour buttons. Sad

- elitegamer360 - 2011-06-17

JohnDoe1 Wrote:Thanks for your reply and help. Unfortunately, I have already tried showkeys and it doesn't show anything. I open up showkeys and press the 'Home' key and all it does is open Windows Media Centre! Nothing shows in showkeys, same with my clour buttons. Sad

Yes thats the problem with this kind of remote! Unfourtinatly you have one of the worst remotes ever and hence not seeing anything in showkey.exe means that the remote is sending a WM_INPUT which does not have an alternative "command or keyboard shortcut".

The only solution is to get a proper certified MCE remote. We always recommend looking at the wiki before committing to a buy.

Cheers,
EG.

- JohnDoe1 - 2011-06-17

elitegamer360 Wrote:Yes thats the problem with this kind of remote! Unfourtinatly you have one of the worst remotes ever

That's good to hear lol!

Thanks anyway!

- Jezo - 2011-06-21

Downloaded and installed your plugin via the XBMC menu system.

This is the remote I am using.
Windows 7, 64 bit

All of the regular buttons work, the numbers work, the back and clear buttons work, but I can't get the DVD Menu button to do a thing. I try to map it but when I push it nothing happens.

I know the button works because it works in WMC and Event Ghost can see it as an identifiable event when the button is pressed. I'd rather not use EG though and contain everything within XBMC.