Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] MCERemote Addon - MCE Remote Control Plugin for XBMC on Windows - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] MCERemote Addon - MCE Remote Control Plugin for XBMC on Windows (/showthread.php?tid=81687)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

- adsi - 2011-10-13

Hi all

I have a HP MCE Remote problem, the remote is very similar as new version one which XBMC-wiki specified=>here.In fact, it's an universal version of HP MCE Remote, picture as below. Ps. i like this version one so much because it have the blue back-light when press. Image

I'm sure that most buttons can be directly used in XBMC Dharma 10.1 after i set this remote to be an Microsoft MCE remote(HP function), such like up, down, left, right, play, stop, pause, but power,windows, favorites, search, media, guide, info are useless.

My question is, install MCERemote add-on from XBMC and select configure MCE then restart computer, why favorites, search, media are still useless? i saw the buttons of power, windows, liveTV have detected in XBMC, do these favorites, search, media keys forget to defined on MCERemote add-on or just because it's not MCE standard key so no more inside? If yes, how can i add these function keys to use in XBMC?

The other guestion is, why MCERemote configure setting shown is conbined key like "Ctrl-g" instead of "button key"? i'm confused that if MCERemote's work is based on registry change or just keyboard.xml change or both?

One more thing, i guess MCERemote add-on doesn't change XBMC's default key(MCE key), what it do is change XBMC shortcut key(keyboard.xml), right? i really confuse about this....

- contentedbloke - 2011-10-14

Hi folks. I bought a Mediagate GP-IR02BK remote a couple of months ago and used the MCERemote addon to configure it for XBMC and its working perfectly.

I've recently discovered the need for using the volume keys to control the "system" volume of my HTPC as against XBMC's internal volume because most of the content is in HD passthrough and controlling the internal volume makes no impact. So instead of using the receiver's remote to change the volume on the receiver every time, I thought I could change the system volume (HDMI) on my HTPC running windows.

Can someone help me do this? How do I configure the volume keys to operate the system volume?

- mentalove - 2011-10-15

hello all. i am having trouble finding the MCERemote addon in the repository within XBMC. i installed the latest version this morning. i have a RC118 remote and have it kind of working on my windows 7 box with eventghost and its plugin, but it doesnt work right, when i press up or down it goes 2 places at a time.

http://xbmcmce.sourceforge.net/ <- this link no longer has the zip file, it just says to install from xbmc

surely i am missing something, any help would be appreciated Smile
thanks!

- contentedbloke - 2011-10-19

Bump. Sorry if I'm troubling you all but can anyone help me?

contentedbloke Wrote:Hi folks. I bought a Mediagate GP-IR02BK remote a couple of months ago and used the MCERemote addon to configure it for XBMC and its working perfectly.

I've recently discovered the need for using the volume keys to control the "system" volume of my HTPC as against XBMC's internal volume because most of the content is in HD passthrough and controlling the internal volume makes no impact. So instead of using the receiver's remote to change the volume on the receiver every time, I thought I could change the system volume (HDMI) on my HTPC running windows.

Can someone help me do this? How do I configure the volume keys to operate the system volume?

- CountBor - 2011-11-13

Just a thumbs up, this plugin helped me a lot getting around some issues with my MCE compatible remote. Enabled debug logging, check what is reported for your keypress, map it using this plugin (if the defaults don't work for your). That did it for me, thanks JR.

- gamin - 2011-11-29

hope this is the right place for my very first post Tongue

so, I decided to definately leave the Popcorn Hour world since I've discovered XBMC and its amazing UI. I bought a little HTPC computer (ASRock Vision 3D 137B) and configured everything the way I want it. It's just perfect as I expected it to be.

Going further inside the available customizations, I discovered this plugin which has been very handy to reconfigure many buttons on the provided ASRock MCE remote that came with my system.

Now, I just need one more thing and my remote will work exactly as I want it, but I'm not sure if this is possible/easy to manage.

explanation : on Popcorn Hour system, there's a very cool feature when playing media files (any type) : when you press any number (1 to 9), you directly jump to 10% (or 20, or 30 and so on 'til 90%). Pressing 0 will put you at the beginning of the file (0%).

I've looked the wiki but haven't been able to find any command that would do this in XBMC.

Anyone with an idea or a clue on that ? Would be very appreciated Wink

EDIT : forget to say I'm running nightly eden builds (upgrading each time one is availbale) and MCERemote plugin 2.0.1

- timmi1000 - 2011-11-30

There is no way to jump directly to 10%, 20%...like with the Popcornhour player.

- gamin - 2011-12-01

this was unfortunately what I thought... Sad thanks for the answer anyway.

now, I'm not a developper at all, but will it be hard to "script" such a solution ? when I say script, I mean coding or whatever (told you, not a developper at all).

once the media library is completely managed and correct (for meta datas informations), XBMC knows exactly the duration of each file, no ?

- prono - 2011-12-04

Is this plugin available for pre-Eden ? I can't find it under "Go to Settings_> Add-ons_> Get Add-ons_> XBMC.org Addons_> Program add-ons_> "

- choclate - 2011-12-04

can i use it to fix vrc-1100 issues, specially the info / i key simulating a right mouse click no matter what i try (ghosevent etc)

- Rakeesh - 2011-12-14

Edit: Nvm

- Dam0 - 2011-12-24

@gamin and others....

i think this may help you with regards to skipping into content while playing....

i use an original xbox1 remote, but i imagine is standard keymap for most.

if you press "cursor up" button while playback is running, you will jump 10mins into content at each press.

likewise, if you press "cursor down", you will jump back in time on the video playback by 10mins.

i use confluence, and PMIII prior to that, has always been that way. Even since the days when the old sexbox ruled the home movie centre:-)

Dam0

- Tesla - 2012-01-04

Nice Add-on thanks ...

For one, it enabled the Back button to work on Add-on Summary screens (weird, because it worked everywhere else).

Also, notice other buttons working. I like the display of key-presses for un-assigned keys.

So, I'm new to XBMC ... where is the key to switch Audio Tracks or subtitles on/off (especially for DVD VIDEO_TS folders). A menu or direct keys.

- Tesla - 2012-01-05

Tesla Wrote:... where is the key to switch Audio Tracks or subtitles on/off (especially for DVD VIDEO_TS folders). A menu or direct keys.

Nevermind ... I found the keyboard key list. I think I just need to remap/assign some keys.

- Tesla - 2012-01-05

This works great ... thanks.

Any chance we can run a string of commands like a macro?