Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] MCERemote Addon - MCE Remote Control Plugin for XBMC on Windows - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] MCERemote Addon - MCE Remote Control Plugin for XBMC on Windows (/showthread.php?tid=81687)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

- jhsrennie - 2010-10-15

Zemy Wrote:Hi,

can this be used also with XBMC on linux?

Br, Zemy

No. You can install it, but the addon will check what OS it's running on and will refuse to run on Linux or OSX.

The addon allows you to configure the eHome device driver that handles the MS remote. In Linux obviously the driver is completely different so the addon couldn't work. In any case it's unnecessary as in Linux (and OSX?) you configure the MS remote by modifying remote.xml.

JR

- elitegamer360 - 2010-10-15

jhsrennie Wrote:v0.9.1 of my MCERemote addon is now available from http://xbmcmce.sourceforge.net/

This is quite a big change. I've tried to make the user interface a bit more obvious, and I've added a facility to tweak individual button settings. All comments gratefully received!

JR

Hey JR, Holy shit you've done it! Nice work man!!!

I have not tested it yet but looks spot on, I assume a restart is required after doing modifications!

I have been waiting for this moment to happen for years now and It finally did. Fantastic work!

Cheers,
EG

- spiff - 2010-10-15

jhsrennie, you can set the platforms an add-on runs on using addon.xml

for instance

<platform>windx wingl</platform> in the addon.xml (metadata ext point).

just fyi Smile

oh, and this add-on is most welcome in the official repo when you deem it worthy.

- Decalc - 2010-10-15

noob question but how do install this (where do i put the folder?) i pasted it inside scrips folder and programs folder get and error loading on both.

thanks Smile

- spiff - 2010-10-15

this is for dharma, not camelot.

- Decalc - 2010-10-15

hum.. ok.. installing dharma now Smile

installed dharma and works perfect now.. thanks great addon works perfect with my remote!

- kulprit - 2010-10-15

Thanks for the great work again jhsrennie. Looking fantastic. Heaps of uses now.

- elitegamer360 - 2010-10-15

Decalc Wrote:noob question but how do install this (where do i put the folder?) i pasted it inside scrips folder and programs folder get and error loading on both.

thanks Smile

if you installed Dharma put the plugin in here:

for win 7 x64 "other x64 win should be the same & assuming 'C:\'" is where Win is installed:
C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\addons\

for win 7 x86 "other x86 win should be the same":
C:\Program Files\XBMC\addons\

edit: ohh sorry did not see you sorted it out :o

cheers,
EG.

- StarChild - 2010-10-19

Just tested the 1.0 release, and I must say i'm impressed how good it works. I have waited a long time for an addon like this, as I don't have the time to configure my remote myself. Great job jhsrennie!!

I have a musing, is it possible to have a gui that sense which button you press when you setup the remote? Like ShowKey.exe can. That way there's no need to manual input the different combinations when you want to change a buttons action. Super user friendly Smile

EDIT: Also, maybe to show the readme inside XBMC, I normaly don't have a keyboard or a mouse attached to my media pc.

EDIT2: Also, before I installed this, I could choose how XBMC should handle my Power button inside XBMC settings. Now I cant, it always takes my pc into sleep mode. Is there a reason this has been changed? Any chance of changing it back in the official release?

- jhsrennie - 2010-10-19

StarChild Wrote:I have a musing, is it possible to have a gui that sense which button you press when you setup the remote? Like ShowKey.exe can. That way there's no need to manual input the different combinations when you want to change a buttons action. Super user friendly Smile

Not in an XBMC addon. The keystrokes are all processed by XBMC before the addon gets to see them. However I am working on a proper keymap editor written in C++. In the next version of the addon when you choose the Edit keyboard.xml option it will fire up the new keymap editor and this will allow you to enter the key from the remote just as ShowKey does.

StarChild Wrote:EDIT2: Also, before I installed this, I could choose how XBMC should handle my Power button inside XBMC settings. Now I cant, it always takes my pc into sleep mode. Is there a reason this has been changed? Any chance of changing it back in the official release?

I've left the power button at the Windows default and this puts the PC into suspend. This proved to be the most popular option for the power button amongst the beta testers.

Open the settings, scroll down to the power button and you'll see the current setting is "mce", which means use the Windows defaults. Try changing the setting to alt-F4 or just S.

JR

- StarChild - 2010-10-19

jhsrennie Wrote:Not in an XBMC addon. The keystrokes are all processed by XBMC before the addon gets to see them. However I am working on a proper keymap editor written in C++. In the next version of the addon when you choose the Edit keyboard.xml option it will fire up the new keymap editor and this will allow you to enter the key from the remote just as ShowKey does.
Sweet! Smile
What about a list of all available actions in XBMC to chose from. And if there is a need of manual editing, a custom option.

jhsrennie Wrote:I've left the power button at the Windows default and this puts the PC into suspend. This proved to be the most popular option for the power button amongst the beta testers.

Open the settings, scroll down to the power button and you'll see the current setting is "mce", which means use the Windows defaults. Try changing the setting to alt-F4 or just S.

JR
Thanx for the tip, but I was more into the shutdown feature. But why not just leave the power button alone, that way it's get handle by the xbmc settings. Or is there MCE remotes that the power button doesn't work out of the box?

- jhsrennie - 2010-10-20

On most MCE remotes the power button will suspend the PC. It's only on the eHome remotes that you can reconfigure the power button.

JR

- StarChild - 2010-10-20

Ok. Doesn't that make it even more sense to leave it alone?

- elitegamer360 - 2010-10-20

StarChild Wrote:Ok. Doesn't that make it even more sense to leave it alone?

It's no big deal really, if you do not like how he set it, just change it! That's why he made the dharma plugin to make peoples life easy. You are not bound to use his setup or my setup or anyone else's setup for that matter. Use his pluging/addon to make your setup as you wish! Big Grin

- StarChild - 2010-10-20

elitegamer360 Wrote:It's no big deal really, if you do not like how he set it, just change it! That's why he made the dharma plugin to make peoples life easy. You are not bound to use his setup or my setup or anyone else's setup for that matter. Use his pluging/addon to make your setup as you wish! Big Grin
It was just a suggestion for improvement. For those that want suspend it won't make any difference, for those that don't want suspend, it will make a difference.

EDIT: Also, what to write to shutdown pc?