[Web Interface Addon] AWX - Ajax based Web Interface Addon for XBMC - Printable Version
+- XBMC Community Forum (http://forum.xbmc.org)
+-- Forum: Help and Support (/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-ons Help and Support (/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Web Interfaces (/forumdisplay.php?fid=156)
+---- Thread: [Web Interface Addon] AWX - Ajax based Web Interface Addon for XBMC (/showthread.php?tid=81775)
[Web Interface Addon] AWX - Ajax based Web Interface Addon for XBMC - MKay - 2010-09-23 21:14
As you may have noticed AWX is currently not developed by me for lack of time.
Job, studies and other projects are too time consuming.
But i'm happy to see that some people pick up my project and create their own web interfaces. So my work was not for nothing
Currently i know of 2 AWX-forks or at least projects which are using AWX-sourcecode:
1. http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=112956 (Eden)
2. http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=116707 (Dharma)
(If i miss a fork, then let me know)
So you should try one of the projects listed above since AWX-development was stopped by me.
But the projects above already include cool new features and probably some bug-fixes
a few month ago i began writing a webinterface for XBMC but have never released it. I wrote it to control audio-playback of my media center in a browser because i didn't want to turn the TV on ... and the browser is always started.
A few days ago i rewrote some parts so that it works with XBMC Dharma now and added some new functionality.
Maybe other people can find it useful. So here it is
These "questionmark-images" will be replaced by the thumbs of the albums
- XBMC Dharma (Tested on XBMC 10.0-beta2 (on Ubuntu Karmic Koala))
- FireFox 3.6 (on Ubuntu Lucid Lynx and Windows XP)
- Chromium 6.0.472.62 (on Ubuntu Lucid Lynx)
- Opera 10.62 (on Ubuntu Lucid Lynx and Windows XP)
- Safari 5.02 (on Windows XP)
- Internet Explorer 8 (does not support round edges)
- Internet Explorer 6
1. Copy the zip-file to a location where xbmc can reach it.
2. Go to "System --> Add-ons --> Install from zip file", select the zip-file and install it.
3. Go to "System --> Network --> Services --> Web interface" and select the new Web interface "AWX".
4. You may need to clear your browser-cache before you open the new installed/updated webinterface in your browser.
5. Open the page "http://<xbmc-ip>:<port>/" in your browser.
AWX is now available via official Addon Repository!
Version 0.3.1 <-- recommended, but requires min. beta3
Version 0.3.0 EXPERIMENTAL <-- for dharma beta2-users
Bug reports, suggestions and feature requests are welcome.
@Translators: If you are interested in translating AWX into your language feel free to contact me via PM.
- hudo - 2010-09-24 00:32
Great work! I'll test it and give some feedback on possible problems.
Do you have plans to add it XBMC add-ons repo?
- yeroash - 2010-09-24 11:17
Works great in firefox thanks
Btw is there any way to implement a thumbnail cache of some sorts (resize images or something), I know you didnt intend for it to be used on smartphones, but I tried it on my phone; it works fine but just a little slow loading images.
- MKay - 2010-09-24 18:09
hudo Wrote:Do you have plans to add it XBMC add-ons repo?Yes, if everything works fine and the most bugs are fixed
yeroash Wrote:Btw is there any way to implement a thumbnail cache of some sorts (resize images or something), I know you didnt intend for it to be used on smartphones, but I tried it on my phone; it works fine but just a little slow loading images.Currently the API does not support resizing images. And i cannot do this on my own because the server does not support server-side-scripting. But resizing of images is a good feature for the API. I will request it.
BTW: I have uploaded Version 0.2.4.
- Added: Show shares in file-section
- Changed: Moved item-buttons from the right to the left
- Changed: Hide not implemented picture-section
- Changed: Movies without id will be ignored (e.g. Movie Sets - they are not supported by the API)
- Fixed: Webinterface hangs on startup if no tv show exist
- Fixed: needless SetVolume-Requests
- ccMatrix - 2010-09-24 18:42
I've installed it and it looks very good. Here is some feedback:
Thanks for your great work. I was hoping for some updated web interface
- theuni - 2010-09-24 18:43
- topfs2 - 2010-09-24 19:05
Album covers didn't work for me though but haven't checked why
- pFranzen - 2010-09-24 20:35
Nice so far!
I'm getting an error when I load up my 'Music' directory in the file listing though:
"A script on this page may be busy, or it may have stopped responding. You can stop the script now, or you can continue to see if the script will complete.
I can just hit "Continue" instead of "Stop Script" and it seems to go away, but it's a repeatable error every time I bring up the directory.
- ppic - 2010-09-24 21:02
no thumbs here too, except on informations screen.
except that, really good job!
- Mental Block - 2010-09-24 22:19
Looks good and seems to work well. For me the thumbs only seem to work through music artist. Maybe it is something to to with the amount of thumbs it is requesting?
One suggestion I have would be able to only show Album Artists under artist view as currently I get all my artists on compilation albums showing up as well. Same as the option "Include artist who appear only on compilations" within XBMC.