Kodi Community Forum
[Web Interface Addon] AWX - Ajax based Web Interface Addon for XBMC - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Web Interfaces (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=156)
+---- Thread: [Web Interface Addon] AWX - Ajax based Web Interface Addon for XBMC (/showthread.php?tid=81775)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23

- MKay - 2010-10-06

toby77jo Wrote:... default web interface look dull, yours is the one, only a bit slow, now you gave me the answer to why .. cheers mate
Is the default webinterface faster (with all the thumbs) than mine? Smile

- toby77jo - 2010-10-07

yes it is a bit faster, but also it works in google chrome 6, at the moment i have issues using chrome with awx. and most importantly once all my movies thumbs are done in default web interface, it is super smooth to scroll up and down in my list, currently with awx it is very very laggy .. I am not developer so i have no idea why, anything to do with ajax?

- tinybutstrong - 2010-10-09

Cool interface, I love it. But I agree, it is a little slow somentimes.

Can you add multi-language support? I would like to translate to my lang.

Thanks

- Nick8888 - 2010-10-09

Very nice! Would be nice if the breadcrumbs were links, you would be able to remove the back link too.

- MKay - 2010-10-09

toby77jo Wrote:yes it is a bit faster, but also it works in google chrome 6, at the moment i have issues using chrome with awx. and most importantly once all my movies thumbs are done in default web interface, it is super smooth to scroll up and down in my list, currently with awx it is very very laggy .. I am not developer so i have no idea why, anything to do with ajax?
Ok, i found the "problem". My webinterface uses a technique called "LazyLoad". So the thumbs are only loaded when they are visible. Each time you scroll, it will check if one of the unloaded thumbs has become visible and if yes the thumb is loaded.
So if you show the "movies"-page and let 90% of your 200+ movie-thumbs unloaded it will check on each scroll if one of these thumbs has become visible --> laggy Smile
So if you scroll down until all thumbs are visible, scrolling will be smooth in AWX too Laugh (please test and give feedback Smile )
Maybe i will add a new setting where you can toggle use of LazyLoad.

BTW: Here i have no problems with chromium 5/6/7 Smile

tinybutstrong Wrote:Can you add multi-language support? I would like to translate to my lang.
I added this to the ToDo-list. But first of all, AWX should be mostly bug-free Big Grin
To which lang would you translate it? Smile

Nick8888 Wrote:Very nice! Would be nice if the breadcrumbs were links, you would be able to remove the back link too.
Breadcrumbs will be clickable in next version (complete page-structure was changed).

- ppic - 2010-10-09

i will be interested to translate it in french, can't you use xml way like xbmc does?

- proctor - 2010-10-10

Very good work so far. But it cripples my firefox when browsing music folders with a lot of entries. This will be the perfect replacement after some optimization.

- toby77jo - 2010-10-10

i did some optimize on my jpg's for all movies:
1: (sudo apt-get install jpegoptim)
xbmc@XBMCLive:~$ find . -name "*.jpg" -exec jpegoptim --max=75 {} \;
2: (resize, keeps aspect ratio!, you need to install imagemagic to use this)
xbmc@XBMCLive:~$ find . -name "*.jpg" -exec mogrify -resize '1280x720>' *.jpg {} \;

oh and most importantly awx is like 3 times faster now, imagine i had some dvd covers in full hd =)

- MKay - 2010-10-10

ppic Wrote:i will be interested to translate it in french, can't you use xml way like xbmc does?
I think i would use JSON-Code for language files. This is as easy as xml and makes importing language files much more easier Big Grin Probably it will look like this:
Code:
$.extend(languages, {
   'de': {
      'lang_val_1': 'Hallo!',
      'lang_val_2': 'Auf wiedersehen!',
   }
});
Maybe multi-language support will be added in next version.

Here is the new version. The code was heavily modified. So this is an experimental version. Big Grin
Download: http://www.mediafire.com/?8j502syw5n0sb2y

Note: LazyLoad is deactivated by default now. See Settings-Dialog.

0.3.0 EXPERIMENTAL:
- Added: Setting to toggle LazyLoad
- Added: Setting for the timeout-value
- Added: Information-button for tv shows
- Changed: Code-Base partially rewritten and divided into several scripts/libs
- Changed: Progress slider can be used to seek the currently playing file
- Changed: Breadcrumbs/Location Bar is clickable
- Fixed: Several css- and image-issues
- Fixed: The image of items without thumbs is set to /vfs/undefined
- Fixed: Files added to a playlist are shown in playlists as "undefined"
- Fixed: File-Playback issues on Windows

- Raptylos - 2010-10-10

0.3.0 is working like a charme for me - thanks for your excellent work !

Cheers

- tinybutstrong - 2010-10-10

What exactly css file to edit to change the movie title and plot description size? I'm lost in many css files.

- MKay - 2010-10-10

tinybutstrong Wrote:What exactly css file to edit to change the movie title and plot description size? I'm lost in many css files.
Hm, there is only one css-file: "css/layout.css"
For the plot-style look for "p.plot" in this css-file.

- tinybutstrong - 2010-10-10

Oh, my bad. The addon with too many css files is the XWMM.

Thanks

- Auke - 2010-10-11

I like 3.0 Very much. Until now no problems.Laugh

One thing:
In Files i can play a song now. I can enqueue each song separately. Bud i cant play a album at once. I get the following message: This is currently not supported by the XBMC-API.

- tinybutstrong - 2010-10-12

Is it possible to add any kinda of sort feature? Would be amazing to sort the movies by last added, name and more..