MythTV PVR client Addon Developers Wanted - Developers Only! - Printable Version
+- XBMC Community Forum (http://forum.xbmc.org)
+-- Forum: Development (/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: PVR Development (/forumdisplay.php?fid=136)
+--- Thread: MythTV PVR client Addon Developers Wanted - Developers Only! (/showthread.php?tid=82015)
- outleradam - 2010-10-25 03:05
ok, I did as you asked
started mythtv, logged stdout, waited: http://pastebin.com/k0zm6ZdC
started xbmc, logged xbmc 3>&1 2>&1 , launched video: http://pastebin.com/dK4Nf1XL
stopped xbmc, grabbed log file: http://pastebin.com/nnPxm2Zd
the stdout had WAY too much info, so I snipped it, removed my virtual machine alsa errors and removed "(cmyth)__cmyth_rcv_string: string received '0'"
BTW... I'm moving my files off of my mythtv box because when Dharma comes out I'm switching to the live version. So that's why some of my files are generating not-found errors. My test, Curious George is there though.
- outleradam - 2010-10-25 04:08
I just installed mythbuntu/0.24 on my virtual machine and it works fine as a remote frontend. http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/ff111/DrivingTibNaked/Screenshot-12.jpg
This isolates it to 1. my build, 2. the code.
XBMC SVN is not building right now. it's giving me errors on ffmpeg and flac, something about they are not where they should be in the library. I cannot rebuild until that problem is corrected. I will try again tomorrow.
- dteirney - 2010-10-25 04:41
wagnerrp Wrote:Why not simply have it start with the current release version? Use '23056' for default now. Switch it to '63' next week. That should take care of most of those warnings.
XBMC has to support a number of versions of mythbackend so any initial connection could be rejected. I guess assuming the most common protocol version would make sense so that particular error doesn't show up for most people. I doubt anyone is using protocol version 8.
I suspect there are currently users with 0.23, 0.23.1, possibly 0.22 and soon to be 0.24.
@PhracturedBlue, do you want to look at converting the token to be a string rather than hexidecimal? Not sure what's involved in changing the initial protocol version used from 8 to something else... Feel free to send a patch if you want. It's been a long weekend here in NZ so haven't got much done of late on XBMC - way too much sun outside
- PhracturedBlue - 2010-10-25 04:47
dteirney Wrote:@PhracturedBlue, do you want to look at converting the token to be a string rather than hexidecimal? Not sure what's involved in changing the initial protocol version used from 8 to something else... Feel free to send a patch if you want. It's been a long weekend here in NZ so haven't got much done of late on XBMC - way too much sun outside
I think the token definition is ok. I originally implemented it as a string, but after looking at how it is being used, storing it as an integer seemed to make sense.
- PhracturedBlue - 2010-10-25 04:57
outleradam Wrote:ok, I did as you askedIt looks like something is wrong with your configuration.
Initially connection says:
xbmc gets the host via: gethostbyname() I'm not sure how things are configured in xbmc/mythtv, but somehwere it looks like the IP address isn't resolving properly.
- PhracturedBlue - 2010-10-25 05:01
You can try adding this after line 188 in connection.c (xbmc/lib/cmyth/libcmyth/connection.c):
- outleradam - 2010-10-25 06:11
Odd. My ip is 74.193.233.xx. I will try to compile With that change after an svn up tomorrow.
- outleradam - 2010-10-25 06:12
Maybe that is schedules direct ip.
- PhracturedBlue - 2010-10-25 06:41
outleradam Wrote:Maybe that is schedules direct ip.
I can't find any reference to that IP when I do reverse lookups. Can you check the ip of your vmware host to see what it is (ifconfig). I am wondering if it is somehow looking up 'localhost' and getting the wrong IP. Anyhow, reposrt back with the value returned by the code-change I mentioned above (you can search for gethostbyname in the xbmc stdout)
- outleradam - 2010-10-26 00:53
Still no luck. I compiled this time on my netbook which has never had XBMC installed. Everything built fine. Here is the output you requested earlier with modified cmyth to display gethostbyname
I removed all entries "(cmyth)__cmyth_rcv_proginfo: got recording info\n" which turned it into a pastable output.
Just to verify my steps:
1. mkdir xbmcsvn
2. cd xbmcvn
3. sudo add-apt-repository ppa:team-xbmc-svn
4. sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get build-dep xbmc
5. sudo apt-get install subversion
6. svn co http://xbmc.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/xbmc/trunk
9. ./make #FAILED
10. make distclean
11. svn update -r 34958
12. added custom change per request to increase logging.
16. ./xbmc.bin 3>&1 2>&1 |tee ./xbmcoutputtest #cMyth outputs on stderr, so redirection is required
17 posted log here.
here is the version information my mythbackend:
MythFrontend works on all computers.
edit: just tried running sudo xbmc.bin because of the final failed to create file error. No error, and still no playback.
Please tell me if I can do something else differently.