Kodi Community Forum
MythTV PVR client Addon Developers Wanted - Developers Only! - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Development (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+---- Forum: PVR (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=136)
+---- Thread: MythTV PVR client Addon Developers Wanted - Developers Only! (/showthread.php?tid=82015)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35

- dteirney - 2011-02-05

dubstar_04 Wrote:Thanks for all your work with the mythtv pvr.

you have done a fantastic job, bringing the most anticipated 'live tv' feature to xbmc.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

I'm just doing the plugin part. Kudos must go to dushmaniac who is currently doing the work on the PVR parts in XBMC. Also thanks to tafypyz who helped kick start this with a bunch of the mythxml and mythsql code.

- dteirney - 2011-02-05

Livin Wrote:A few questions...

How stable is this?

What features are currently working and not working... Live TV, Recorded TV, manage recordings, etc

Does it work for the Windows version?

thx - I'm really looking forward to dumping Windows Media Center.

This code is still in development. Anyone that is using it thus far should expect to be using it in more of a testing capacity. I wouldn't consider this stable until the PVR code makes it into trunk and all the wrinkles have been ironed out in the MythTV pvr addon.

- dubstar_04 - 2011-02-05

dteirney Wrote:I'm just doing the plugin part. Kudos must go to dushmaniac who is currently doing the work on the PVR parts in XBMC. Also thanks to tafypyz who helped kick start this with a bunch of the mythxml and mythsql code.

Of course, that goes without saying.

Do you think it is worth implementing an offset for the guidedata?

Like dushmaniac has done for tvheadend?

It might not be ideal, but for the short term it will resolve the 'time offset'
issues without to much unnecessary work.

Your branch seems pretty stable from what i can see. I am watching recordings from a myth upnp source until the time is resolved. Its so nice to have an integrated system, rather than having to keep swapping back and fourth.

Thanks,

Dubstar_04

- dteirney - 2011-02-05

dubstar_04 Wrote:Of course, that goes without saying.

Do you think it is worth implementing an offset for the guidedata?

Like dushmaniac has done for tvheadend?

It might not be ideal, but for the short term it will resolve the 'time offset'
issues without to much unnecessary work.

Your branch seems pretty stable from what i can see. I am watching recordings from a myth upnp source until the time is resolved. Its so nice to have an integrated system, rather than having to keep swapping back and fourth.

Thanks,

Dubstar_04

There already is an offset for the guide data. My GMT offset is detected correctly as 780 minutes for my GMT +13 timezone. Your log file didn't have any GMT offset information in it. Based on your channels it looks like you are in the UK so should be GMT offset of 0 anyway. I'll check more as I'm not sure why it would be an hour out if that is the case.

Can you please post the output of http://192.168.1.10:6544/GetStatus

- dteirney - 2011-02-05

I've just realised that I'm running Myth 0.23 and not 0.24.

Someone mentioned that seeking was working as expected using MythXML for playing back recordings. Who was that? What version of Myth are you running? Perhaps mythbackend supports proper seeking over HTTP with Myth 0.24 and not Myth 0.23.

Anyway, for those that are interested. I've just pushed an update that will use MythXML for playback rather than myth://. This should fix any recording playback problems due to the timezone offset problems.

Can people please let me know how long it takes for the recording to start playing and whether seeking is possible and what version of Myth you are using. I want to get peoples feel on whether the performance is at least as good as playback of recordings through myth://

- dteirney - 2011-02-06

I've just pushed up a fix that might address the timezone issue. Still working fine on my machine. To be sure you are getting the right information please Clear the TV database.

System > TV > General > Clear TV Database

- dubstar_04 - 2011-02-06

dteirney Wrote:I've just realised that I'm running Myth 0.23 and not 0.24.

Someone mentioned that seeking was working as expected using MythXML for playing back recordings. Who was that? What version of Myth are you running? Perhaps mythbackend supports proper seeking over HTTP with Myth 0.24 and not Myth 0.23.

Anyway, for those that are interested. I've just pushed an update that will use MythXML for playback rather than myth://. This should fix any recording playback problems due to the timezone offset problems.

Can people please let me know how long it takes for the recording to start playing and whether seeking is possible and what version of Myth you are using. I want to get peoples feel on whether the performance is at least as good as playback of recordings through myth://

I thought you were taking a well earned break from this??

It was me that said recordings playback over mythxml!!!

I was using 0.23+fixes with the 23056 version code and nothing would work.

Updated to 0.24 and livetv worked but the guide was off and recordings wouldn't playback.

I have just pulled your git and rebuilt.

I am now running your updates with myth-backend 0.24 and everything runs well.

Live Tv takes about 5 - 6 seconds to start which unfortunately is normal for mythtv since 0.21.

Recordings play back well starting in <1 second in most cases. skip / Pause works well. Its much more responsive than mythfrontend.

The guide seems to be correct.

I will try to use this instead of mythfrontend and check the performance with regular use.

I really cant thank you enough.

- fiveisalive - 2011-02-06

dteirney Wrote:I've just pushed the latest code to my github repository.

https://github.com/dteirney/xbmc/tree/pvr

With this you should be able to watch Live TV, view the EPG, and playback recordings.

There is currently no directory structure for the recorded shows. I can easily put in the existing logic from myth:// to group the content into "TV Shows/Show Name" and "Movies" folders.

Let me know if anyone wants that in the short term. Long term I'll be talking with dushmaniac about how the TV Shows and Movies can appear directly in the XBMC Library so that the "Live TV" entry from the main menu is only used for actual Live TV, scheduling recordings and perhaps showing smarter EPG things like "Upcoming Movies".

It would be nice to have TV episodes/movies showing up in the "Video" (TV Shows/Movies) source, but ideally that should be made optional, and/or available on an episode-by-episode basis (i.e. "pushed" to the library by the user). The reason is that sometimes recordings are incomplete, contain commercials yet to be edited out, etc., take up too much disk space because they haven't been transcoded and could "pollute" a library that was free of such problems. Also, I back up my video source directory, but I don't back up my (separate) MythTV directory (because the files are not transcoded yet and would take up too much space). If episodes appear in the library, it would be easy to forget which ones are not backed-up and potentially risk data loss.

Another (not mutually exclusive) option would be to allow those episodes to be viewed from the TV/Movies source, but be able to have an option to automatically hide all mythtv-recorded episodes, or otherwise flag them as being from MythTV in the GUI.

In the best of all possible worlds would be an "archiving" option that would automatically delete any flagged commercials, transcode the video file to a user-specified encoding rate and physically copy the file to the appropriate video source. In turn this would delete it from MythTV.

- dubstar_04 - 2011-02-06

when running 'git checkout pvr' I keep getting this error:

error: pathspec 'pvr' did not match any file(s) known to git.

git clone git://github.com/dteirney/xbmc.git
git branch -l
* master

There is no pvr branch available.

Its only on one of my machines. the other works fine.

Anyone have any ideas?

- dchurch24 - 2011-02-06

I'm more than willing to test and report back.

I'm a C# developer - along with other things, but the one thing missing from my skillset is C - I simply don't know the libraries.

I really want to help. I'm running a mythbackend 0.22 (at the moment) with multiple TV cards (all Hauppauge if that makes a difference), with mythfrontends all over the place, and XBMC on other machines.

I can run several VMs to help test.

Point me at the code and what you want me to do, and I'll help as much as I can.

- jms-xbmc - 2011-02-06

dteirney Wrote:I've just pushed up a fix that might address the timezone issue. Still working fine on my machine.
Yes, now I can play recordings. Playing starts in ~2-3 seconds, seeking is possible and mythtv version is 'up_to_date' 0.24.0+fixes (via mythbuntu's PPA).

Livetv however is not working for me. I have two DVB-C cards, a card reader and s0ftcam. Because of this configration I have adapters 0-3 in /dev/dvb, but only adapters 2 and 3 are used as recorders.
Code:
mysql> SELECT cardid,videodevice  FROM  `capturecard`  LIMIT 0 , 30;
+--------+-----------------------------+
| cardid | videodevice                 |
|     41 | /dev/dvb/adapter2/frontend0 |
|     42 | /dev/dvb/adapter3/frontend0 |
|     43 | /dev/dvb/adapter3/frontend0 |
|     44 | /dev/dvb/adapter3/frontend0 |
|     45 | /dev/dvb/adapter3/frontend0 |
|     40 | /dev/dvb/adapter2/frontend0 |
|     39 | /dev/dvb/adapter2/frontend0 |
|     38 | /dev/dvb/adapter2/frontend0 |
mysql> SELECT cardinputid,cardid,displayname  FROM  `cardinput`  LIMIT 0 , 30;
+-------------+--------+-------------+
| cardinputid | cardid | displayname |
|          11 |     38 | DVB-1       |
|          12 |     41 | DVB-1       |
|          13 |     40 | DVB-1       |
|          14 |     39 | DVB-1       |
|          15 |     42 | DVB2        |
|          16 |     43 | DVB2        |
|          17 |     44 | DVB2        |
|          18 |     45 | DVB2        |
Maybe my backend's configuration is causing this livetv issue?

- karatekickz - 2011-02-07

dteirney Wrote:Looks like the connection code doesn't work with that bizarre version number that was introduced in 0.23 fixes. I'll see if the MVPMC version of libcmyth has been updated to deal with that.

Well isn't that fantastic on myth's side... adding a .x to the version number borks the whole thing. This was the magical post I wish I would have found 4 hours ago.

I had the exact same connection error dubstar was having in a standard myth:// video source. You likely know this, but it's happening in any myth:// not just the pvr. Which likely completely cripples myth support in dharma for anyone who regularly runs their updates in ubuntu.

Quote:I changed to use the MythProtocol for playback as it was taking ~20seconds to start a recording with the MythXML interface and it didn't seem to support seeking. I'm using Myth 0.24.

In my haste to try to fix this, I updated to .24 which I now find doesn't work. Will these mythxml fixes apply to the stardard myth:// or just to the PVR?

I hope I don't have to reinstall .23 from scratch. Myth has been a nightmare for me and I would switch in a second if I had US cable support in any of the other backends.

Again thanks for your great work. I look forward to your reply.

- dteirney - 2011-02-07

karatekickz Wrote:Well isn't that fantastic on myth's side... adding a .x to the version number borks the whole thing. This was the magical post I wish I would have found 4 hours ago.

I had the exact same connection error dubstar was having in a standard myth:// video source. You likely know this, but it's happening in any myth:// not just the pvr. Which likely completely cripples myth support in dharma for anyone who regularly runs their updates in ubuntu.

In my haste to try to fix this, I updated to .24 which I now find doesn't work. Will these mythxml fixes apply to the stardard myth:// or just to the PVR?

I hope I don't have to reinstall .23 from scratch. Myth has been a nightmare for me and I would switch in a second if I had US cable support in any of the other backends.

Again thanks for your great work. I look forward to your reply.

There's quite a lot of people using the trunk version of XBMC with Myth 0.24. You'll need to supply more information about what isn't working, but preferably not in this thread.

- dteirney - 2011-02-07

jms-xbmc Wrote:Yes, now I can play recordings. Playing starts in ~2-3 seconds, seeking is possible and mythtv version is 'up_to_date' 0.24.0+fixes (via mythbuntu's PPA).

Livetv however is not working for me. I have two DVB-C cards, a card reader and s0ftcam. Because of this configration I have adapters 0-3 in /dev/dvb, but only adapters 2 and 3 are used as recorders.
Code:
mysql> SELECT cardid,videodevice  FROM  `capturecard`  LIMIT 0 , 30;
| cardid | videodevice                 |
|     41 | /dev/dvb/adapter2/frontend0 |
|     42 | /dev/dvb/adapter3/frontend0 |
|     43 | /dev/dvb/adapter3/frontend0 |
|     44 | /dev/dvb/adapter3/frontend0 |
|     45 | /dev/dvb/adapter3/frontend0 |
|     40 | /dev/dvb/adapter2/frontend0 |
|     39 | /dev/dvb/adapter2/frontend0 |
|     38 | /dev/dvb/adapter2/frontend0 |
mysql> SELECT cardinputid,cardid,displayname  FROM  `cardinput`  LIMIT 0 , 30;
| cardinputid | cardid | displayname |
|          11 |     38 | DVB-1       |
|          12 |     41 | DVB-1       |
|          13 |     40 | DVB-1       |
|          14 |     39 | DVB-1       |
|          15 |     42 | DVB2        |
|          16 |     43 | DVB2        |
|          17 |     44 | DVB2        |
|          18 |     45 | DVB2        |
Maybe my backend's configuration is causing this livetv issue?

I need way more information to know what the problem actually is. Please post a full debug log.

- dteirney - 2011-02-07

dteirney Wrote:I need way more information to know what the problem actually is. Please post a full debug log.

I need the log to confirm but there is a known issue with live tv not working with card ids greater than 16. If anyone feels like looking at resolving that issue (find the trac ticket for details) that would be useful.